Closed Thread
Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well sorry I haven't posted in a while ladies. I always read your posts but find that I agree with what u all say, so it's easier for me to just read and only post if I have news.
    Amps. I hope the situation eases for you before bubs comes along.
    Everyone else, congrats on the pregnancy progressions! I love reading what's going on.
    Arlais. Got a job for ya babe...... I would never be able to keep a surprise......
    We are team .................................................. ........BLUE! We are having a beautiful perfect lil boy!
    Had our 19week scan, apparently set a new PB for the sonographer with how perfect our results were. I'm so happy. Like some of you, I was getting anxious & paranoid that there was something wrong. My belly just didn't feel big enough, I felt movement but was very few and far between, I was having cramps all day. I got to the point that I couldn't sleep. ** meanwhile bought my fave pram at 2am killing time. Lol. Got a Mountain Buggy Terrain. Should be delivered this week.
    We also put together our change table, chest of drawers and rocking recliner chair. The cot is still in box. Ran out of energy. So our nursery is on its way. This app still won't let me post pics. So ill try from the computer later.
    Will try to post bump pic, scan pic & nursery pic wen I can.

Good luck to you all especially ones with upcoming scans and finding out gender.
    xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hope4Baby For This Useful Post:

Amps  (25-01-2014),Arlais  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Amps. So sorry you have all that stress at home and really hope that some good boundaries are set soon. Not an easy situation.

Man it's annoying when people carry on about the decision they've made. In my opinion it's a surprise if you find out at 19 weeks or at birth. I don't think it has a lot to do with patience so much as personality. We have opted for the surprise at birth for our own reasons but totally see the advantages of finding out earlier especially if you have a preference for one sex over the other or would love to have a gender specific nursery ready to go.

And congrats Hope on your boy!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Amps  (26-01-2014),Annerley  (25-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wanting to send you huge hugs Amps! It's a sucky situation but I can only suggest that you keep trying to talk to your DH about the way you are feeling. Sometimes it takes a bit of a shock like telling them you're thinking about leaving to get them to realise how much things are impacting on you. It's not just going to be yourself to think about soon, and being under such stress is not good for you or bub x

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grins Hope congrats on fantastic scan results and for confirming your having a son! Wow love saying son rather then boy as makes it sound so real to me!! Grins!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Hope, huge congrats on your little boy! I was thinking about you when I wrote my last post, wondering if you were finding out since Berra and I both are this week. How exciting that you are getting the nursery together too. We have all our nursery furniture in their boxes in the spare room, just have to put it together, which we are planning to do next month!

Hwaterhouse- I agree with you, that it's a surprise no matter when you find out. Nice to know there are people in the world who have chosen not to find out but still understand and don't judge those who do. I honestly do think that waiting to the end would be amazing also, especially after undergoing labour or a c-section but since I'm a planner, who needs to know everything yesterday so surprise isn't for us (sounds like you are right that personality does play a big part in it). Seeing the baby for the first time will have to be our surprise.
    With my friend, I feel I have been supportive of her choice, I even said I'm glad in a way that I've been forced to wait the 4mths before finding out as it's built up the excitement more (so I could only imagine how exciting it would be after waiting 9mths to find out), let's just hope she keeps her opinion to herself when I actually do find out!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the support ladies, tried talking to dh, again, but he has buried his head in the sand. These family members will be here again today so I am going to work even though I have been sick all night, better than staying here. I can understand how hard it is for him, but he has to chose........I just don't think he can.
    Belly-bean is still kicking like mad and I'm getting kicks and movement up higher now so much be needing more room
    Hope you all have a good weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps I'm so sorry that you are going such a stressful time. After everything that we all go through to get our babies I sometimes feel that it would be nice to be all smooth sailing from here. But life doesn't work like that does it? Hope you and your DH can work it out.

Fantastic news Hope on your baby boy. And well done on your nursery progress. Would love to see a photo or two.

Hwaterhouse I am team surprise but that is a personal choice. I am excited every time I hear the wonderful news when you share the sex of your baby. Sad to hear that others try to bring you down.
    I have found in pregnancy when talking to some, not all, mothers that it can feel like a competition. Like oh are you Disposable or nappies? Well I'm..... Because it's soooo much better for the baby! Oh who cares as long as you and bub are healthy. I swear BH is sometimes the only place I dont feel judged! Even my brother in law ways in! And he doesn't have kids!
    Sorry for the rant getting a bit feed up with all the 'helpful' advice.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Amps  (26-01-2014),hwaterhouse  (26-01-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Huge hugs amps. Hope things take a turn for the better. Things are not always easy here either. I often contemplate the future of our relationship, in that dp seems completely unable and unwilling to put her family, us, first a fair amount of the time. I made some firm decisions when I had dd about what I would and wouldn't accept in her life for her benefit, and sometimes feel like I'm not living up to that in the way I would ideally like to. You have to do what's right for you and yours, keep at him cos maybe something will resonate. Bubs is lucky to have you as their mum x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Amps  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps I was thinking about you and wondered if you had tried writing out your thoughts and feelings in a letter to your DH?

DH and I hit a bit of a rough patch when I was having difficulty adjusting to having to share him with his sons when we first moved in together after dating 6 months.

I knew that if it came down to it there's no way he would choose me over his children, so I physically wrote a list of pros and cons about staying in the relationship, and I wrote a letter explaining my frustrations, whilst also acknowledging that I knew the boys needed a good relationship with their dad too. A big point I made was that the boys also needed to respect the value of our relationship and that meant sometimes their dad would need to put me first.

I gave the list and letter to DH (only BF at the time) and told him I needed to go out for a while to clear my head. I ended up down at the beach for a few hours, and when I came home we sat down and had a really big talk (and cry) about everything.

Writing the letter helped me to get all my thoughts straight and communicate them without getting over emotional. Giving DH the space to read everything really helped him to properly absorb it and reflect before we talked. It also meant he couldn't just jump straight to the defense or interrupt what I was saying, and when we did talk I was able to concentrate on listening to him because I knew I'd already gotten my point across.

Having something tangible in black and white is also very helpful for a man, particularly if you dot point important stuff. I don't know if it will help you any, but I hope you find some way of getting through to him.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (26-01-2014),Hope4Baby  (26-01-2014),hwaterhouse  (26-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais that sounds like a fabulous idea. Glad it worked so well for you both. Reading sometimes takes the emotion out of it and makes it easier for people to process. I'll keep that in mind next rough patch!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (26-01-2014)