Closed Thread
Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been getting v swollen feet too ladies. Like Arlais and Hwaterhouse though after I put my feet up they go down some. I am loving my cankles though- but like you hwaterhouse trying not to stress about my weight gain. There are about 8 women at work who are pregnant and due a roundish the same time as me and they all seem tiny compared to me. As long as bubs is healthy I try not to worry. Easier said than done sometimes.

Its sad to hear about your missing parents October and Veritas. I don't have a relationship with my father and though I love my mum she drives me nutso. Of course I would be devestated if she weren't here to experience the birth of my first child. Glad u had a loving relationship while they were here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amps... I know what you mean about losing your balance.. I seem to be bumping my bump on things... Not that I forget it's there but it's grown so much since Christmas! Loving your creative streak..

ABH I can't say I had problems with elevit but a girlfriend of mine said the same thing. I have been taking it for over 2 years now! It's so expensive That alarm would have driven me crazy!

Hope you're having a great time lots.. A second baby shower! Wow! The earthquake sounds very scary though.

Arlais yay to all your results.. How cute are those little chubby cheeks.. Love it! I've gone up a shoe size too..

Spidery hope this week goes fast for you and you can see Bubs on the scan and stop worrying..

Hwaterhouse yay to finishing work.. This is one time you don't have to stress about your weight...

KJ I've had swollen feet since about 21 weeks.. Try and put your feet up at the end of the day... Heat doesn't help too

October yay to surviving the camping trip..

Veritas and October I feel your pain.. I cried myself to sleep the other night thinking of dad missing out on meeting his grandchild.. I will be 24 years on 4 May (2 days after bub is due) .. After all these years, it's still hard

AFM 26 weeks today!!! Did my pregnancy Pilates last night and although it was hard and I had no idea what I was doing, I'll give it another go next week.. Anything to strengthen my muscles to reduce the pain down there.

Happy Friday ladies xx

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Amps  (24-01-2014),hwaterhouse  (24-01-2014),Spidery  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    October, Vertias, JJTiger.

Having the elevit at night, seems to have done the trick. Also OB recommended Zantac for the heartburn and only had to take it once so far and really did the trick.

24 weeks today. Looking forward to the weekend. Love Australia Day and listening to the Hottest 100 countdown. DH and I have had so many awesome Australia Days.

Hows the swelling feet KJ? Has the temp change helped? So nice that its cooler and we finally got some rain.

JJTiger is your pregnancy pilates a class or on DVD?

Enjoy your day and yay for a 3 day weekend.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (27-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, had another busy OCD day yesterday ironing hubbies uniforms, fish tank stuff, cleaning window (my way which uses windex glass & surface wipes and a squidgee with extension pole no water or soap suds) - nice & quick!
    Today I'm having a little more chilled day, well after the Woolies delivery guy gets here and the groceries are put away. My only other task today is getting all the fruit washed!

On the swelling issue I had to remove my wedding rings a few weeks back but now wear my wedding band on my necklace as would feel lost without it!

?question - does anyone else find that there bub seems to not like you lying on one of your sides (for me it's the right side). He seems to get really big movements when I do which can be painful. But if I turn on my left or sit up he goes back to little gentle kicks & movements. The crazy movements are even worse on my right then when I'm on my back! Just wondering if on my right he's getting crushed or not enough oxygen/blood flow. I've never heard it before but I suppose knowing I only have a 2 vessel umbilical cord makes me wonder.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's heartbreaking to see how many of you have lost parents :-( I am very lucky to have both of mine. My mum has been cancer free for 7 years now and I have to admit I probably take her presence for granted.

I only had a problem with swollen feet when it was really hot here in Brisbane, my poor little toes were like sausages. I've grown a lot in the last 3 weeks an I'm really starting to notice I can't move as easily and feeling the extra weight.

Off to NZ tonight, everyone stay safe over the long weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay you're an absolute machine! I feel exhausted just reading about everything you got done yesterday lol.

I'm more comfortable on my left side. I'm still sort of able to sleep on my stomach (using a pillow to lift a hip) but it's funny sometimes bub seems to get her feet or hands stuck and wriggles like mad! I don't think that you laying on one side would cause too much of an issue with the umbilical cord though. They are designed to take a fair bit of a beating from bub playing with it. I know the extra weight of bub and the uterus can put pressure on a major artery or vein that reduces blood flow, but generally you would start to feel dizzy first

After having the reflux discussion also on my April group on FB, I decided to try drinking a glass of cold milk to help - pretty much instant relief!! I've had a glass of milk before going to bed the last couple of nights and I can't believe what a huge difference it's made to that horrible acid feeling.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Huge hugs October and JJ. It will be just a couple days shy of 6 mths since mum left us when bub is due, coincidentally the 6mth mark is dp and I's anniversary. Rtkirk - I've never so much as met my dad, so so struggling a little that bubs and dd won't have any biological grandparents in their lives. That and my mum was my main sounding board so been hard to find my place of late and dp just isn't the same.

Jay you are a machine! Was my day off yday and got all DD's back to school stuff sorted. Didn't get as much around here done so took a sicky today to have some time to myself. Been to the storage shed and got the bassinet out so I can paint it, the cot will be done after that. Popped on our first load o baby clothes, just the stuff we collected in the last six months, all the rest and our mcns are all still in the back of the storage shed. Got a little cranky with dp last night about the pace at which things were happening with the renos and being able to get the nursery started and stuff out of storage. She kept saying but we have 10 wks, had to put my foot down and remind her that's a maximum and it could be a lot less than that. She seemed to finally understand how much it was stressing me out and hopefully the plan that was put together will be followed through on.

Any big plans for the long weekend ladies??

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Arlais - chocolate milk is my only craving! Bonus is it helps my killer heartburn :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I'm at work so ill have to write properly later, but I finally got a bump picture with an actual bump!
    19 weeks todayImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1390533839.299383.jpg

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlias & Veritas - have to laugh as feeling like I should be doing more!

On the parent stuff I wish I had a close relationship with my mum, but know I'm better off with her at a distance! Still haven't told her & not planning too!
    On the flip side- My Dad has been great as he hasn't been hassling me as to how I'm going etc spoke to him last a few weeks ago as he wanted to hear how my 20week scan went. Hubbies dad die when he was 6 (suicide) but he keeps in touch with his mum & stepdad but they too aren't the hassling type just call every now and then. Guess with us both being country born & then joining Military we like our independence and don't like people in our business or trying to manipulate how we see things - so not my mum I am very greatful for my dad, sister & her family some relatives being in my life plus hubbies family are fantastic so know Junior will have many great influences.

Names wise we are seriously thinking of Eli's dad's first name (as long as his family are ok with it) & the middle name of my late grandad, mothers side (because I felt so connected with him when I was younger as he seemed to get me and I just wish I'd had more time with him).

Can't believe were 23weeks tomorrow!!!! 17weeks to DUE DATE whoop whoop!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D