Closed Thread
Page 62 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. I have been following every day. Love some of the points/topics definately gives food for thought.

Iam having a woe is me couple if days. I'm 18w3d and my belly us still all soft not firm at all, I have not felt any movements hardly any darkening of areoles and can hardly feel fundus and it's making me super anxious and worried. I am large lady so I guess I half expected not to have a big belly but nothing at all. I still fit in all my clothes slightly snug but yeah. I just want to feel pregnant i guess I am worried something's wrong. Cannot wait for scan next week the waiting And worry is doing my head in.

Thanks for listening to my whinge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Spidery. I too am big and was worried that I would never feel much movement and very worried that DH would never have the experience of feeling a kick through my stomach. I think I'm a few months in front of you and pleased to say that not only do DH and I feel strong movement through my big belly but we can actually see the movement too. Try not to get too down about it. It's a bit early for you yet!

And even though I've grown a lot people don't realise I'm pregnant. my boobs are still bigger than my tummy (they've always been massive) so no one has actually guessed I'm pregnant. Even work colleagues!

AFM. I'm really enjoying the discussion on here but if I don't have anything meaningful to add I don't always post. Glad that we are all generally going well. I finish up work tomorrow as I need a lot of time for appointments in my last trimester and it's tricky to negotiate with work. Looking forward to cleaning, nesting, resting and sorting and also working gratis for a family business in start-up stage so won't get too bored (I hope). As mentioned above I'm obese so already had one GTT that I passed but have another due in 2 weeks. Really don't want GD (does anyone) but think I might have it. My ob (public system) won't be happy with me as I'm supposed to be losing weight this pregnancy and I always slightly gain but trying not to stress about my weight for once in my life
    Last edited by hwaterhouse; 23-01-2014 at 06:18.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 20wks 3days and still not feeling much movement, I've had the rare bubble feeling in my stomach but nothing else.

I have gone really bloated at the moment I can now no longer wear my rings or fit into some shoes due swelling anyone else have this? I've been thinking its abit early in the pregnancy for swelling and its making think bad thought like pre-eclamsia oh the joys of paranio

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Hwaterhouse and KJ35. Yes me too I'm in the obese + category I lost 14 kg prior to icsi so pre pregnancy weight was still 124kg. I hope things start showing/moving soon.

KJ35 tell me about paranoia I get super paranoid before scans this time it started 2 weeks before scan and I have 6 days yet to go before scan. I had the shoe thing let week when it was so hot I got on shoes on but the were so uncomfortable bare feet so much better. Hope in reduces and pre-eclampsia does not raise its head

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Just been catching up on the thread. Glad everyone is good.

I survived (just) 3 nights camping and 4 nights at DH's family reunion. Very tired and exhausted now and spending the day catching up on my tv shows

Had my 2 hour GD test this morning. Hope my results are all good. I've had some hand and feet swelling too. My feet are actually burning up and hurting alot. Seeing my Ob tomorrow, hoping it's normal and not the start of pre elampsia but I suspect it's just from being so busy this past week.

Spidery, I felt a lot like you until about 20 weeks but have definitely 'popped!' big time in the last 8 weeks. Can't believe this time in 11 weeks my little one will be here! Getting excited for all of us!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (23-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely to see some of our less regular posters coming in to say hi

It's amazing how much stuff happens just after you tick over that 20 week half-way mark. Soon you'll be getting kicked so hard it hurts and that belly you've been hoping for will really start getting out there!

I bought some new shoes fairly early on (ripped a toenail badly and needed opened toed shoes while it healed) and found that half a size up from usual was much more comfortable because your feet loosen up just like the rest of your body. Luckily my rings are still fitting comfortably!

My feet get quite swollen towards the end of the day, but usually subside once I've put them up for an hour or so when I get home. My Ob said it's very normal due to the extra fluids our pregnant bodies like to retain - the heat really doesn't help either. She said that it's usually only indicative of a problem like pre-eclampsia if your hands, feet or face are constantly swollen. If it's something that varies during the day then generally you're just battling fluid retention, which really isn't anything to worry about at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have had swelling occasionally from quite early on. The doctor said (as Arlais mentioned), it was only a worry if it did not go down (and if it was in one foot and not the other). I find that if I wear joggers I don't have swelling, but very flat shoes with no arch support or bare feet and I have to get off my feet before they swell too much.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey ladies,

Getting so much closer to those bubbas being in our arms now! Can't believe ill be 30 weeks on Monday!

Really missing my mum today. The closer it gets the more it sinks in that she's really gone and will never get the pleasure of seeing dd dote on her sibling, or run around our yard together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Veritas......

It was 15 years ago this week that my dad died and while it gets easier, I often feel sad that my children will never know him and will not have that relationship. I would have loved to see him as a grandpa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Veritas & October

I am so grateful that both my parents are still with us and in good health. I see the joy that my nieces and nephew bring them, and I can't wait to see that light in their eyes for my own child. I can only hope that you both can picture that for your departed parents. I'm sure that your babies will grow up knowing their grandparents would have very much liked to be there for them and show them all the love in the world x