Closed Thread
Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All - sorry but a quick 'me' post...

I am getting insanely itching skin on my bump and my back - any miracle cures? It's driving me mad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heartburn too ladies but I have also tried the head elevating trick before going to bed and it helps some. Might look into getting something to ease the pain. Thanks for the tips.
    Arlais glad your Tests went well. Mine is this morning so fingers crossed it's all good. Thanks for the budgeting info. My DH and I got a real shock when we realised how much we spent last week on bits and pieces. It just added up so fast!
    Glad your hubby is better Annerley. It's no fun to be sick on holidays is it? Good news that you managed to skip being ill too.
    Not sure about cord banking Simpson. I did see a brochure on donating your cord blood that made me think. Maybe I will do that and potentially save someone else's child. It's a personal choice of course.
    Amps 8 babies- they must really love children. Great news that bub is doing well now.
    Berra itchy skin is the worst isn't it? As I have sensitive skin I use body shop rose cream. Seems to settle it down. My sister uses hemp oil cream and she has psoriasis and eczema poor thing and says it works a treat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh forgot to say Welcome Butterfly. Congrats on your impending arrival.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear of you all with heartburn.. I've only had it once and it was terrible Hopefully the meds help with it and it goes away soon.

Arlais that's great about your budget.. Another month home with Bubs would be great Thanks for starting the thread too.. Very helpful!

Welcome butterfly!! Not long to go, you're only due 5 days after me!!

Simpson - we're the same and really need to decide on names. We have the girls name but boys name is tough!

Amps - yay it the pram being on the way. OMG, 8th baby that's unbelievable! Glad things look ok even though the little one was so easily..

Bedlover I'm getting lots of itchy skin on the tummy too... It's the growing and stretching.. I'm just rubbing bio oil on it but not sure what you can put to stop the itchiness?

AFM - 25.5 weeks now. OB appointment went well yesterday. 2 hour glucose test booked for 6 Feb.. Not looking forward to it My Bubs is currently breach and praying it turns around.. Docs quite confident it will in the next 15 weeks.. I'm already struggling with muscle pain down the top of my thighs and 'down there'.. My doc recommended preg classes so I've booked in Thursday night through a physio to try and strengthen my muscles.. She said it's only going to get worse if I don't do anything I'm already waddling from the pain when I walk.. Hopefully these classes help.. I'm up over 9 kgs already! Woops..

Thanks
    Reviews
    bedlover - sorry can't help with the itchiness. Have had a couple of small bouts of this but nothing too annoying

JJtiger - sorry to hear things are so uncomfortable for you. I've had to stop in mid step sometimes when baby decides to move lower, I find myself saying out loud something like "now child, it's time to be nice to mummy, please move". my co-workers think it's hilarious.

I'm finding I'm losing my centre of gravity. I tend to turn a bit sideways when going down stairs and always grab the rail now, going down slow and steady. Getting in and out of some chairs is becoming a bit of a mission, and of course I won't let anyone help me, miss independence I am. My creative streak has been revived this week, made a nappy storage bag out of a new large tea towel to hang on the wall near change table, fits the mcns great. Made it so the nappies fit folded with a liner in place, ready for use. Have a 2nd one to make today. Also made a bag bag to keep some plastic bags handy for the bin I have in the baby room, also from a large bright red tea towel. I have realised I really need to go through all my craft and sewing stuff and sort it all out. Looking for something now is literally like searching for a needle in a precariously stacked haystack.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (24-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Butterfly.

Good luck with your itchiness Bedlover. How annoying.

My OB changed me to Elevit from Blackmores as Iron was a bit low. Been feeling like crap again since changed to Elevit. Took my Elevit tablet last night to try and avoid feeling like crap in the morning, when I have to go to work. All was going well last night until the power went out, so no fan in our room and 26 degrees last night. That I could handle, but then our alarm started to beep, because of power being off. Got up and got manual and reset and continued to beep. The battery back up must be to old. So just had to put up with beeping for 3 hours, until power came back on. So annoying and now tired and cranking today. My DH will be fixing it, when he get back from being away with work today. Was glad that out bubba is still cooking, as surely this would wake them up. Sorry for the me post. Nice to have a whinge.

The nappy holder sounds great Amps. You are so organized. Wow less than 12 weeks to go for you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Amps  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hellloooo ladies. Long time no speak. I'm currently in NZ and have been visiting DH's family and attending a friend's wedding whilst here. Will have t read up on what's been happening! From what I can see from my quick scan some of you are starting to feel some movements (wohooo! So happy for you it's the best feeling), MCN's are a hot topic (keen on getting into those too, but maybe not for outings/holidays until I'm confident) and bumps are slowly growing. Sorry I can't be more specific but on limited internet access.

So I was thrown my second baby shower!!! This time DH's mum and sister threw it for me so it was great to include the NZ family and friends. Got lots of Kiwi clothing so this baby is definitely going to be in touch with its daddy's heritage. And in the middle of opening the pressies there was a 6.2 earthquake! It was my first so was lucky to have lots of loving people tell me what I should do. Gave me a bit of a fright but wasn't too bad.
    We're actually based in Sydney so thinking of canceling our plans to have a baby shower there as we've been spoilt in both our home towns.

Ok, I better run. Just wanted to say hi! Hope you're all traveling ok. And I'm thinking of you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ob appointment today - GTT passed, vit D and blood pressure good, just low in iron. Results from the growth scan show plenty of amniotic fluid and placenta is well away from the cervix.

Bub is on the small side (15th percentile) but measurements are all in good proportion so really nothing to worry about - she's just little! Unfortunately though it does mean that I'll have to continue with the daily clexane injections for another 7 weeks just to be on the safe side.

She was stubbornly turned towards my back for the whole growth scan last week, but luckily today my Ob managed to get a couple of pics of her face. Chubby cheeked cuteness

BMW_0003e.jpg

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ABH  (22-01-2014),Amps  (22-01-2014),KJ35  (22-01-2014),Ngaiz  (22-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very cute Arlias.

Lotsa so glad your trip went well and your earthquake experience didn't rock you too bad. Guess NZ wanted to join in the celebrations!

ABH I always take my Elevit before bed and have no probs with it. Mines the one with Iodine and my last iron numbers were within the good parameters which I was very surprised about. But then again I've been taking them for 3yrs whilst doing IVF so I guess I'd be shocked if they weren't haha
    Last edited by Jay11; 22-01-2014 at 18:30.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ABH  (22-01-2014),lotsathoughts  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ABH you must have been so tired today. Like we need another reason not to get a good nights sleep. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Arlais you are not wrong - she has v cute chubby cheeks. Good news that all is well for you and bubba. Sucks that you have to continue injections though.

Oh Amps I know what you mean I grunt every time I get up from a chair now. V ladylike

Wow an earthquake Lots that would have been scary. Glad everyone you escaped unscathed.
    Two baby showers! You lucky duck. You must have 1 of everything now. When is everyone else planning to have theirs? I was thinking about 6 weeks before the D day. My girlfriend will plan it but wants a date and location from me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Amps  (23-01-2014)