Closed Thread
Page 60 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerraBrooder View Post
    Welcome butterfly!!!

I've been using tums, but they really don't work very well. Before I got pregnant I was using Nexium. Does anyone know if Nexium is safe? At the moment my reflux isn't as bad as normal but enough to make it hard to sleep. I just wish I would stop with the loud random hiccups I've been having
    Hi Berra, Nexium was on the B1 list with what I was prescribed and Arlias - interestingly Zantac which I always found good pre pregnancy is also B1 - check with your OB first though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Butterfly!

hope everyone is well it seems heartburn is going on a lot fingers crossed I haven't had this yet hope I don't get it!

On the baby plan front I haven't even thought of this yet I feel little un organized but reading everyones comments made me think and DH not leaving the baby is a good one, I want a vaginal birth if I can also and only want a C-Section if necessary but other than that think I will leave it all in my OB's hands and go with what he thinks I trust him 100%.

If you are using disposable nappies groupon have a deal a the moment 36% of babylove nappies (108 nappies) for $29, apparently the nappies are good ones they have been recommended by a friend who's just had a baby a couple of months ago.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Got another midwife appointment in a couple of hours. Hopefully, we'll get more detailed information on the results of blood tests and the scans I've had since the previous appointment. We should also be able to make an appointment and find out what day and time my Glucose Challenge Test will be; as well as book in for Preparation for Childbirth, and Breastfeeding (even though I originally decided to formula feed from birth, I still think it couldn't hurt to do this one, in case I change my mind and decide to give breastfeeding a go sometime between now and the birth) classes, and find out what day(s) and time(s) they are on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2013 View Post
    Joining in this thread late, haven't been on BH for a while. I'm due May 7th :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Welcome butterfly! Lovely to have you on board

I'll add you to the roll call when I update again in the next couple of days. Please let me know if you have any important dates or scans coming up you would like me to add. Plus which team you're on!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLover74 View Post
    Got another midwife appointment in a couple of hours. Hopefully, we'll get more detailed information on the results of blood tests and the scans I've had since the previous appointment. We should also be able to make an appointment and find out what day and time my Glucose Challenge Test will be; as well as book in for Preparation for Childbirth, and Breastfeeding (even though I originally decided to formula feed from birth, I still think it couldn't hurt to do this one, in case I change my mind and decide to give breastfeeding a go sometime between now and the birth) classes, and find out what day(s) and time(s) they are on.
    Hope all goes well with your appointment CatLover

Just out of curiosity, may I ask why you are thinking about formula feeding from birth? Obviously it's a very individual decision and there's nothing wrong with either choice, I'm just curious what your reasons are

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps- your MCN stash sounds awesome! Funny you keep finding hidden face washers. Maybe you could dedicate some to being cloth wipes and wash them with the cloth nappies? So glad all is looking good with bub and the countdown is on to April 1st! Yes you really are going to have a baby .

Annerley- are you still cruising or back to reality? Pity your DH got sick... hope he wasn't quarantined for too long.

rtkirk- it is amazing how far we've all come, you definitely weren't the only one panicking in the early days. I was a basket case in between scans! My DH is bad for collecting crap too... he has filled both sides of the double garage AND a garden shed, plus more stuff inside the house. He has been on a declutter mission and is being very good with tossing stuff out. Sounds like you've bought all the big ticket items now, yay!

Berra- so sorry you had a horrible experience with that midwife. Hopefully you can arrange things so you don't deal with her again. Waiting to feel movements is so nerve-wracking hey... hope you feel some nice big kicks soon. I too haven't started writing out a birth plan, most days still in denial that this is really happening, then other days I freak at the thought that this baby is coming out one way or another!

Veritas- hope you find the calmbirth classes valuable and worthwhile. Thinking about it myself, just the cost that's putting me off!

Jay- Bump is looking gorgeous!

Keri- wow, less than 8wks to go!! Great bump shot

Arlais- fantastic that you passed the GD test and got the all-clear! Your birth plan sounds great, very similar to what I'd like for myself except I'm going to have my BFF there too. DH isn't going to have a clue how to support me and I want him to be able to take a break or a nap (if he needs it) without worrying I'll be left alone. Thanks for linking the newborn costs thread- very handy info!

Hampton- love the bump pic with your DS touching your belly, so cute . Congrats on hitting the 3rd tri!

Ngaiz- great info on the Dad having skin-to-skin, thanks for sharing that.

Kittybee- loved the story about bub kicking your cat as it laid on your belly, I'd have laughed out loud at that!

JJ- I think its lovely you'll have your Mum at the delivery. My godmother was recently at the birth of her first grandchild and said it was the most amzing experience ever. If my Mum was still alive I'd have wanted her with me too.

ABH- sorry can't help with the heartburn... haven't had any yet. I hope you find something that works from the other suggestions.

Butterfly- Hi and welcome!

KJ- I've read good things about the Babylove nappies too. You can buy the 108 newborn pack at Kmart for $27. Cheaper than the groupon deal!

Catlover- yay for feeling flutters and hope the midwife appointment goes well today. I think its great to be prepared for either breast or bottle feeding, we just don't know what's going to work until bub is here.

Hi to everyone else

AFM- No complaints here. All my appointments last week went well. Hospital booking done, OB & RI are both happy with everything and bub looked good on scan. Getting lots of movement now and stronger kicks . DH & I have to get serious about short listing some names... so hard to agree on anything!!

Have any of you thought about cord blood banking or placenta encapsulation?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (21-01-2014),JJTiger  (22-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Simpson, in my culture we bury the placenta. I have to find out if we are able to get it back to NZ somehow to do this though. Being human waste I'm not liking my chances.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz I have heard of burying the placenta . I know people who've done that and planted a tree at the spot as a symbol of the new life created. I just googled out of curiosity and its in the FAQs on the NZ customs page! It says there's no restrictions on importing your placenta, just be sure to have 'relevant documentation'. I too thought with their strict quarantine laws that it would've been quite difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    found out courier company picked up my pram and capsule today, coming from Wollongong, might be here Friday, but probably next week

Hi Butterfly

A friend asked me the other day about bringing the placenta home to bury under a tree, never thought about it before. I asked dh what he thought and his response was different......."why don't you just eat it like the cows in our paddock do?"
    Don't think I will be bringing it home, not sure if I want to anyway.

Got a phone call to tell me my uncle and his wife had their 8th baby a couple of days ago, 3 months early, was due around the same date as me. Baby boy needed oxygen for a bit, weighed 1.5kg but all is good, was breech so emergency c-section, mother is now "fixed up" so no more kiddies.
    Last edited by Amps; 21-01-2014 at 19:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Butterfly, it's lovely to have someone new join us, looking forward to getting to know you

Amps- I just realised after reading the last few posts that I'm yet to buy a single face washer, I know I have the big things covered like nursery furniture, pram, car seat, etc and was only thinking last night what smaller things I had to go and didn't think about face washers, I know I would have remembered these eventually!
    Wow 8 babies, a little scary about baby coming 3mths early but glad it all turned out well, it's crazy to think they can come that early!

KJ and Simpson- thanks for letting us know about the Babylove nappies, that's what I'm planning on using too due to my cousin's recommendation

KJ- you are lucky to have avoided heartburn. It seems that I've finally had a break from the headaches but heart burn has come in it's place but luckily liquid Mylanta double strength seems to be doing the trick for me

Simpson- I'm back from holidays now and DH is back to normal, thankfully we are all virus free now, looks like I got away without any sickness!
    I got given a brochure on cord blood banking, from what I read it's really expensive to do, is that right? I like the idea of doing something with the placenta but I think my dog would dig it back up from our backyard

Catlover- I hope your appointment went well today. I'm going to book my antenatal classes this week and have decided to give the breast feeding classes ago too, I have to take a doll or teddy bear with me to practice on apparently!

Arlais- great news that you came back all clear for GD and it's good that they got on top of your iron levels with a few weeks to go! I've heard if they don't pick up low iron levels then it can complicate labour. Thanks for sharing the thread on the costs for bub, it was an interesting read

Youve all got me thinking about birth plans now. I wasn't going to do one as being the first time, I thought planning was out of my hands but the points that you ladies have brought up are things that you should be able to control or have a say on, which is good. Thanks for the ideas, a few things I hadn't thought of!
    Last edited by Annerley; 21-01-2014 at 20:08.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Amps  (21-01-2014),Arlais  (21-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (21-01-2014)