Closed Thread
Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for all the welcomes. Can I please apologise in advance if I have a lack if personals, this thread seems to move quickly and I sometimes struggle to keep up with that so sorry if I miss loads of things!

Annerley, so exciting we have our scan on the same day. I'm not really fussed about getting the results, I just want to see a heartbeat and know that bubs is progressing well. I'm kind of wishing I just asked for a regular scan rather than the NT but hubby says it's booked now, we might as well just do it.

Arlais, looking forward to you posting pics of the colour. So exciting to be putting the nursery together - I cannot wait to get to that stage.

Ngaiz, what type of paint are you using for your cot? I've been considering doing the same for both a cot and change table but worried the sanding back and re-painting will be a huuuuuuuuge mission.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Becca I havent looked into paint yet but I know someone in Bub Hub land will know exactly which paint to use. It's going to be a mission for sure, I'm almost regretting it already haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss- I read your earlier post on the end of the other thread, I hope you took it easy on Wednesday, it wouldn't have been easy for you! Huge hugs xx

Arlais- I can't wait to see the nursery pics! So exciting!
    Please share your pram thoughts as I want to layby mine on Friday afternoon after my NT scan, as the baby sale ends next weekend. I was recommended the strider compact but wanted to be sure as I've heard some mixed reviews since!

Ngaiz- I'm off to NZ in January too! Thanks for the tip on them being cheaper over there! I'm after similar to you- reversing seat and also one that will take a second seat

Becca- I hate obsessing over numbers and results too so fingers crossed we'll both be fine and be able to get this part behind us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    By the way, evil receptionist lady was on duty when I went back with my urine samples so I was dreading walking up to the counter but she was nice as pie, she must have gotten out of the right side of the bed this morning. She even thanked me for coming back in and said I did it all perfectly (the jars were different colours so it was important that the first morning sample went in the right one), couldn't believe how different she was today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I'm off to NZ in Jan too! Looks like a few of us might be checking out prams there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check out baby universe online girls, everything seems so much cheaper when you convert the currency

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. I didn't realise how busy with work I'd been, till I had to find the new link . It's been busy in here.

Great bumps everyone!

Annerley. That receptionist should never have treated you like that. I'm glad u had so many positive comments on your bump tho

JJtiger. Hope your feet come down and your shoes fit.

Amps great news about furniture arriving. How exciting. We r still paying ours off. Should get ours delivered in feb hopefully.

Lotsa. I agree with the other girls above. She shouldn't mind if you talk to her. It's not like its both first names.

Riss. I hope you don't need the stitch. But if u do, I hope it goes without any problems or pain. Researching should give u an idea as to what to expect. I have no idea what's involved but good luck hun.

Arlais. Yay for a colour

Ngaiz. All that hard work on your bargain cot, you definitely need to post a pic of the finished product. Good work

Becca. Welcome and congrats!

Everyone else I'm going to have to do some reading and catch up.

AFM. Our 10 week scan was great. We got pics and video Yay! And baby bear measured 2days ahead. Our next scan is the NT scan on Thursday. Ill be 13 weeks by then, so hoping for a great chance to see our baby's progress and hopefully some movement and good results.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1386406340.320195.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh prams. I like the mountain buggy. I can't believe how expensive prams are tho. Have u seen the price of bugaboo? Crazy. We want a hardy pram so mountain buggy suits us. Nice chunky wheels so we can go on any terrain paths on our walks. I do like the idea of the easy fold ones too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope I love your pic, scan images make me weak at the knees.

Annerley-the second seat on the city select is a full size one, unlike the strider ones. Baby warehouse doesn't stock baby jogger though so you may need to look around. You can also get a capsule adapter or a bassinet. One thing I'm not keen on though is that the seat doesn't fully recline for newborns but it seems only Australia has this standard, but then there is the bassinet option.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, Becca85 - I work in hardware and can give you a little advise on paint. If its already painted, just give it a light sand to take the shine off, you don't need to sand it right back. If the are chips or bare timber, use a 3in1 primer, sealer, undercoat first(waterbased is fine). For the top coat you I would use a waterbased enamel or a kitchen & bathroom paint. The enamel will dry harder so is s'posed to be longer wearing. I like Taubmans brand for price and coverage, Dulux is good too but is generally more expensive. Dulux has the highest mould inhibitor but most modern paints have some in them now. These brands also have lower volatile organic compounds than older paints. If the cot was varnished, that's a whole other kettle of fish, you will have to sand it completely back to bare timber first, very time consuming. It's the only way to make sure whatever you wish to coat it with will stick properly.