Closed Thread
Page 58 of 93 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, I have not posted in a long while, had a lot going on.

I am 27 weeks tomorrow, so third trimester

Just thought if share a cute photo of ds touching my belly, he is obsessed is adorable ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1390022405.763523.jpg

I hope your all doing well and those in the extreme heat are coping well.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (18-01-2014),Kerikiwi  (19-01-2014),Ngaiz  (19-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (21-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've started thinking about my birth plan. For the most part I want a "take it as it comes" approach, but there are some things I'm pretty definite about -

Only DH as my support person. My mum has asked if she can be at the hospital and I haven't given her an answer yet - kind of hoping I'm labouring in the early hours of the morning so I can avoid it!

I want at least half a day to get cleaned up, attempt breastfeeding and get settled before visitors come. My parents will want to be there pretty soon afterwards, but it's also important that DH's boys are amongst the first to meet their little sister.

I'm pretty set on a vaginal birth, which shouldn't be a problem if bub behaves herself! A c-section will only be an option if bub or myself are at risk.

I want to be able to move freely around the room (i.e. not confined to the bed) and assume any position which feels comfortable.

I would like to see how long I can go without pain relief, but will be happy to try gas if needed. I will consider pethadine if the gas isn't enough. My preference is for no epidural, but I would like it to be presented as an option if the pain is much more than expected, if it ends up being a long labour and I need it to help conserve energy for pushing, or a c-section is required.

I would like delayed cord clamping and for DH to cut the cord if possible.

Skin to skin contact as soon as possible.

I am happy for bub to have all the standard checks and immunisations.

If bub needs to go anywhere away from me then DH is to go with her.

That's pretty much what I've got so far. I don't want to get overly specific as so many things can happen to change those preferences.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - Sounds like you've really given this some thought, nice plan. I've heard a few ladies say they ended up being refused some of the pain meds as they "left it too long". I would prep dh to check anytime they ask and you say no, how long have you got before they can't give you any. If I was able to do a vaginal delivery this is what I would do.
    Definitely want dh to go if baby needs to leave the room
    All the standard checks etc are fine
    I want baby "clean" before they hand him/her over
    Want to try to breastfeed asap
    Would like dh to cut cord but not sure if he will
    I want to "watch" as much as physically possible but not sure if they will let me

I'm going to see if my favourite midwife will be working when I go in and see if she can be assigned to look after me. Hope so.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (19-01-2014),Ngaiz  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais and Amps I'm very much having the same thoughts although I really want dh to do skin to skin. I've read a few studies that show dads have the same if not better effect in temp/blood sugar regulating and that skin to skin with mum done within 2 hours makes no difference establishing breastfeeding. So while I go through the third stage of labour I want more than anything for him to have the time to bond.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 19-01-2014 at 14:14.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Amps  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting thought there Ngaiz

I was with my sis during her first labour and the placenta came out really quickly and easily, within a couple of minutes of my niece making her appearance, so I haven't really given much thought to that part of the event?

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone! Sorry i haven't been around much, i tend to use Facebook more these days, and i don't spend as much time on the computer as i used to.

I think i have caught up on most of what i missed, and i hope everyone is doing well in this New year Im sorry, i have never been one for the personals, im so bad at that and i get distracted so easily! Even more so now!

As for me i am 24 weeks on Tuesday, and we are still firm on leaving the gender a surprise No change to our due date.. yet The minion is kicking lots more now, and once even kicked my poor fur baby in the side of the head, poor thing was using my belly as a pillow, it confused the crap out of her! Amused me though hehe.

I will still lurk around, even if i don't say anything just know i am here somewhere, cheering you all on and giving out where the hormones call for it

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kittybee For This Useful Post:

Amps  (20-01-2014),Arlais  (19-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the bump Jay.. It's so cute

Rtkirk well done in the pram buy.. Sounds like a bargain how did you go with sanding the cot on the weekend?

Berra.. That midwife sounds like a right cow.. I would definitely mention that you don't want her on delivery day...

Amps I'm not looking forward to the glucose test.. I'm thinking I'll just take the whole day off work.. I've got so much sick leave owing... 1 April isn't far away! How exciting!!!

Catlover yay to the bubbles feeling.. That's definitely the little one.. It all makes it feel so real

Arlais glad your results came back good... Just take extra iron supplements and hopefully you get more energy!

Keri what a great bump... I just love seeing these tummy shots. Sounds like you don't have long till you meet Bubs! Very exciting!!

Hampton what a gorgeous pic of DS kissing your bump! Love it!

I haven't really thought of a birth plan.. But I do know I'll have DH and mum with me.. I'm really close to mum as I lost my father at the age of 14.. I figure mum deserves to experience the best day of my life.. She deserves to experience the joy as she's had such a rough life I want a vaginal birth if possible but whatever is safe for Bubs and me... Is like to say no edpidural but I think I'll be screaming for it when the time comes! Lol Skin to skin contact ASAP.. Ngaiz I love the idea of DH having this too.. Haven't even thought about that!

Is anybody on the FB pages and how do I get on?

Hope you all had great weekends...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Amps  (20-01-2014),Arlais  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies. So funny you talk about the birth plan Arlais and Amps - I had a chat with my Dr about it and I said well as you have done this heaps more than me I will just do whatever you say. His reaction was so funny- he said
    'You have just become my favourite patient". I guess that means giving birth never goes to a plan.
    Having said that I think your plans Arlais and Amps are vague enough to be flexible but you have put some thought into the minimum stuff. I am pretty much thinking along the same lines. Not interested in a C-section unless there is no choice, only want DH with me at the birth and would like some time with bubs before we invite people to visit. I loved your idea Amps about getting DH to ask when it was too late for pain medication. I will be saying yes please to the epidural if offered. I have heard bad things about pethadine so will be skipping that.
    My DH was very annoyed that I dont want to even tell people that we are on the way to the hospital. My reasoning is that I just want us both to concentrate on what we have to do to have a safe delivery not worry about updating people on our progress or taking phone calls. Plus I am not close to my family and find his too full on at times.

Loved your pic HamptonK - very cute.

I have the Glucose test on Wednesday Amps- gee it sounds like fun. Like JJ I am not looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for great results for all of us.

Catlover- great news that you are feeling baby. Its so reasurring isnt it?

AFM well spent $1000 bucks on the weekend picking up bits and pieces for bubs. New matress for the cot, matress protectors, sheets, set of drawers for the nursery, bassinet matress and protectors, room temp device..the list goes on. Crazy what you need as a minimum isnt it? I didnt even get to start on the cot sanding! Long weekend coming up though so thats my task.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Amps  (20-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is anyone taking anything for heartburn? I have tried Mylanta Double Strength tablets, but not really doing much. Any suggestions? I think this is my least favorite part of pregnancy and I can get it from just drinking water.
    I have been told that babies born with lots of hair given their mummas heartburn. I guess we will find out how true that is in the coming months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ABH, I've moved from Mylanta onto Ranitidine. It is Cat B but Ob was happy to prescribe it and working in pharmacy I know it's safe to take.

Eta-in my experience, mums with heartburn have reflux babies. Fingers crossed this isn't the case for us.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 20-01-2014 at 10:13.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ABH  (20-01-2014)