Closed Thread
Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just picked up my mcns from post office. Look awesome, the colours are great. Waterproof outer layer with fleece type inner lining, elastic waist at back and around legs. Liners seem to be made from old cloth style. Bought pack of 50 nappies with 60 liners. Chose the colours so got 20mocha(for everyday around the farm), 14white(night-time), 2denim-look, 2pink, 2yellow, 2lightblue, 2purple, 2red, 2orange, 2green. Very happy so far. Had a couple of ladies tell me they put 2 or 3 liners in for night-time. I'm hoping to buy some of the charcoal thicker liners that are available. If I can ever figure out how to post a picture I will post one of these.

Congrats on the scans etc ladies, will post more later when I get off my shopping high

Thanks
    Reviews
    Isn't this heat awful. So glad our babies will be born in cooler weather - I think we 'planned' this well ladies!

Great news on the scans Ngaiz and KJ! So so exciting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainsleyp View Post
    Isn't this heat awful. So glad our babies will be born in cooler weather - I think we 'planned' this well ladies!

Great news on the scans Ngaiz and KJ! So so exciting.
    It sure is. 45 in Adelaide yesterday, the same today, 46 tomorrow, and 40 on Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's awful here in melb. Just got back from the OBs. Had a bit of a dizzy spell because of the heat. So glad we have great aircon at home. Keep cool ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    What brand of MCN did you go with Amps? Are you going to use the flushable disposable liners as well?

I feel sorry for you girls that are having a hot spell. Stay cool and at least our bubbas are in a nice cool spot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ABH - mine aren't a "name" brand. Bought from priced2pick ebay seller. The invoice has the title of mj warehouse. Stitching and material seem to be quite good so am not disappointed. They wash up very nice. Am going to wash the liners a few times before use to build up max. absorbency. I'm still thinking on the flushable liners, I would like to but we have a septic and am not sure long term if these would be so good for it. Some "flushable" items don't break down as far as they make out.

Sorry to hear things are so hot for some of you, I'm lucky we've been getting rain.

I see my ob tomorrow for check-up and I guess I will get my form to have gd test. Hope I can get the short one. Going to be a busy day, drop dh at airport, have dressing change, see ob, have waxing done then get my hair done. Too many greys shining through . Have good friend's baby shower on Sunday so don't want to look too daggy. My older friends can't believe how much of a girl I've become since getting pregnant

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hope everyone is keeping as cool as possible! Air con was the first thing I "requested" to be in before we moved into our little refurbisher. We now have one in the living area and one in our bedroom. Bracing myself for the heat wave to hit here over the weekend! I don't do hot weather.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Roseate  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I really feel for those of you having to endure the heat, I was being a sook when it hit 42 here in Brisbane.

Amps-I haven't been able to find any flushable liners suitable for a septic tank. We don't have a septic but every review I've read says they're not suitable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope all you ladies are coping with the heat waves going on at the moment. At this stage I'm grateful to be over in the cooler NZ weather but from what I've heard NSW hasn't copped it as bad as the other states!

Ngaiz- so happy to hear that your scan went well and that bub wasn't as small as they thought. I really hope that your news put Bedlover's mind at ease as I'm sure she'll be fine also!

Amps- I'm sorry to hear that you had another hospital visit, you must have your own bed in there by now but really hoping there are no more hospital stays until you go into labour. Enjoy getting your hair done and your friends baby shower!

Riss- I'm still having a great holiday, its so nice over here and our plane lands late on Saturday night then it's back to work on Monday! Your bump pic is great! Actually DH just said that one of the cruise staff just asked if we had our first baby on the way, I'm pretty sure this is the first time a stranger has assumed that I'm pregnant, which was quite exciting, must be showing more than I thought!

Arlais- glad to read that your cough is getting better and I hope you've been getting plenty of rest! Thanks for the info on the glucose testing, I was wondering whether I should take someone with me to wait it out, I'll also be prepared to be hungry!

Im with you ladies who have opted to use disposables. I did initially think I'd go for mcn's but it was doing my head in researching them all and I was actually getting quite stressed out with the thought of all the extra washing involved whilst being a first time mum. Both my MIL and mum asked me not long ago whether I'd just use disposables and they were surprised when I said I was considering cloth (I really thought they'd both be against disposables since both DH and I were cloth babies), I also spoke to DH and he said he is all for the easy option so that's where we are at at this stage!

Jay- I had to laugh about your comment about pushing a smaller bub down the birth canal, haha! I also have to say that you must be the most organised mum to be that I know! Regarding circumcision, since I think I'm having a boy, I've thought a lot about this lately, I asked my DH and he doesn't mind either way. Initially I thought it was the done thing but I'm part of a due date facebook page and when I asked ladies on there who already had sons what they did I was surprised to read that most had opted not to and they all said similar to others on here, that it can be hard to find someone who will do it these days and that it isn't something that's automatically offered. It's a hard decision!

October- thanks again for your suggestion on the book Baby Love. I went shopping today and as soon as I walked into a book shop, it was the first one I saw so I bought a copy. I've hardly been able to put it down! I don't think I'll feel like a clueless first time mum for much longer, it covers absolutely everything! Also, my hubby has a book called Cheers to Childbirth, it's a pregnancy book aimed at men and I had a bit of a read of it recently and it's quite detailed on labour and what happens straight after the birth, etc so that's another good one!

Simpson- nice work on your new baby items! It's so exciting, I agree, I loved buying the car seat too and imaging our little one in it! I think they look so cute in them!

KJ- congrats on confirmation of team blue, have you picked a name yet? Have fun with your blue shopping!

Ainsley- I've been feeling good thanks, I can't believe we are almost half way! How have you been? I think my headaches are finally gone, thank goodness but that could be because I've been on holidays and away from work, I'm hoping they don't return next week. Unfortunately DH contracted a gastro/ vomiting bug on the cruise and has spent the last 48hrs confined to our room (doctors orders), I've been doing my best to keep away and luckily he is on the mend and I've been feeling fine, I would just hate to have a bad virus when pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay I'm a big fan on the kmart crop bras too.. They are so cheap and so comfortable... I think I'm up to the biggest size too... How much bigger can they get? Lol Good work with all that shopping

Congrats KJ on team blue.. Now you can start buying things Glad Bubs is well...

Annerley I'm with you and will just get disposables.. It's my first pregnancy too and after seeing how tough my girlfriends had it for the first month, I just want what's easier..

Bring on the weekend when Melbourne finally cools down... I struggled to walk 1 block from the car park to my work today.. Carrying water with me everywhere..

Take care ladies!