Closed Thread
Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you are feeling better soon Amps, that sucks.

I am looking at MCN too. What brand did you end up with? I have been looking @ Hippybottomus.

Glad you are on the mend Arlias, I bet you are starving. Exciting that your nursery is ready for painting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Octoberbaby – wow! You’re good to be going camping at this stage. I’d use my pregnancy as an excuse! I hope it’s an ok time for you and you manage to get some rest. Has your pain eased?

Arlais – was the glucose tolerance test awful? Hope you pass with flying colours!

Riss – Congrats on 16 weeks! You bump is very cute. Hope your nips are feeling better – preparing you for feeding perhaps!

KJ – Good luck with the morphology scan. Will be very interesting to see if it is a boy! Perhaps it was just the umbilical cord last time hehe – I have heard of that happening! I was so so sore at 16 weeks, lots of stretching which is normal apparently.

ABH – thanks for that cot info. That’s a great price and I think getting a chest of drawers change table is a great idea. Thanks for the capsule info as well – I’ll check it out.

Amps – you poor poor thing. I really feel for you. Let us know what the MCNs are like, I’m interested in hearing all options. It’s great that you’re feeling so much, it must be reassuring. The costs are really adding up for you….when I get overwhelmed I just think “if someone had asked me last year whether I would pay $10,000 for a baby I would have thrown the money at them”….it helps a little bit!

Rtkirk – how annoying about the pram. Your symptoms sound quite typical, but annoying none the less!

Annerley – you lucky lady. Sound like you’re having an amazing time. How are you feeling at almost 17 weeks?

Simpson – good luck with all your appointments this week – it’s great to be able to take time off work and be stress-free during those appointments. I always envy the ladies dressed in casual clothes while I’m frantically running from appointments to the train! Which bassinet did you order?

Hi to everyone else – hope you’re all going well and feeling great.

AFM – sorry it’s been a while between posts. I’ve been really busy at work (what’s new!). I’m 17 weeks now and really starting to pop – it’s soooo weird! Still yet to feel anything When did everyone first feel bubs? I haven’t started buying any baby things yet, but am looking forward to everyone’s recs – please keep them coming! I’m feeling much better, queasiness has gone and I’m not as tired. Not as hungry either so hopefully my weight gain slows a bit….though not likely with two babies on board!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ainsleyp For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (14-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Okay so all done with the GTT! The drink itself tasted like melted icy poles.

I had to wait an hour to even begin because they were busy (not impressed as I had been fasting). The first needle really hurt because she stuck me a couple of times and then wiggled the needle around to get the vein!

Luckily the pathology place I went to has couches, so I could sit comfortably at least. Waited for an hour, then had my 2nd test, another hour and I had my final blood test. It took about 15 mins to get the blood - she ended up needing to syringe the blood out of my arm

I know it's a pain sitting around, but if you don't deal well with going for a long time without food (it was about 16 hours since I last ate by the time I was done), then get someone to go with you or pick you up. I was frankly a bit dangerous driving home because I was feeling so light headed

In better news though, the growth scan went really well, all measurements are good. She's not a big baby, but well within the acceptable range for 28 weeks. Hoping to hear from my Ob tomorrow to tell me I can go to alternate days with the clexane

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What gestation is she measuring at Arlais?

I had my 24 week appt today and expressed some concerns about my size. Ob agreed that I was a bit small and measured my fundal height and I'm measuring between 20-21 weeks so I have to go for a growth scan to see if bub is small for gestational age or if it's just because I'm not a big person. I'm really stressed now because 3-4 weeks seems too much to be behind and I'm worrried bub is growth restricted. This scan can't come soon enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice bump Riss!

Good luck with Morph scan KJ

Have fun camping October, I love camping even with crappy knees can do without a shower facility but not a toilet these days as it's too hard normally hope you have a toilet at least as squatting this pregnant would be a super challenge. I cut my toenails today sitting on a chair with my belly between my thighs and that was hard enough!

Glad your sleeping Arlias & coughing has settled. Hope glucose test results are perfect! Best of luck with Nursery painting hope it's a nice foolish day for it! Thanks for tip on GTT day I'll take hubby for sure now!

Amps hope your feeling better and keeping food down with no hospital visits required.

Hugs Ngaiz hope it's all good at growth scan.

AFM - pulled down Xmas tree today. We normally keep it up till we're over it but we figured this year we have enough to deal with coming up so best to do now. Dentist booked in tomorrow to finally get my filling hole refilled and sort out the tooth I chipped accidentally crunching on the filling and to do water tests on fish tanks. Expecting a scorcher of a day at 42c so hope the evap keeps up.
    Wed I have Physio & cleaner here ( can't do cleaning with knees just the odd thing here and there so a cleaner takes the pressure off hubby who used to do it) & then Thurs hair appt to sort out more then 6months regrowth before Sat as going to a farewell dinner for some friends ( the friends I got heaps of the baby stuff from cheaply). So busy busy week.

Tried to book Juniors circumcision today (hubby insisted its in bubs best interest and I know my ex had heaps of probs and got his done as an adult which wasn't the best, it is amazing all the things that they believe it helps decrease the risk of like UTIs, STDs and even prostate cancer) but the the two paediatric surgeons at my hospital won't do it until 6month so I'll ask my OB what he reckons as I know the circumcision hospital in city has a surgeon and he charges more the older the child and I really want it all sorted before we leave hospital. Anyone else booked in a circumcision.
    Last edited by Jay11; 13-01-2014 at 22:16.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    What gestation is she measuring at Arlais?

I had my 24 week appt today and expressed some concerns about my size. Ob agreed that I was a bit small and measured my fundal height and I'm measuring between 20-21 weeks so I have to go for a growth scan to see if bub is small for gestational age or if it's just because I'm not a big person. I'm really stressed now because 3-4 weeks seems too much to be behind and I'm worrried bub is growth restricted. This scan can't come soon enough.
    Only a few days behind 28 weeks for her thigh bone measurements, about 5 days behind for belly, and spot on for head measurement.

I've heard that fundal measurement alone can be pretty flawed, so I hope that the growth scan puts your mind at ease! When have you got it booked for?

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I'm aware that it's not an accurate insight and just an indication. My uterus is still sitting well below my belly button. I have to call today to book because my appt was late yesterday afternoon. Bub still has a very strong HB but it will be good to know that there will be enough room, fluid and nutrition getting through.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz I had a scan last week and my bub is behind too. In about 7-8th percentile for dates (and we all know our dates are accurate!). I don't see OB again til 5th Feb so am a bit worried and am going to ask him then. I guess if it was a problem someone would have told me!
    Just hard as DS was always off the charts big at all these scans and everyone always said "a big baby is a healthy baby", so what does a tiny baby mean?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover for me smaller = easier to get through the birth canal haha I'm happy Junior isn't a big bub at this stage. But it still doesn't mean they won't have a growth spirt from now. Plus too big a baby can have its own issues like running out of room etc.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick post, spent 5hrs in ed before they admitted me,local country hospital. Got no sleep,shared ward. Hopefully won't be a long stay.