Closed Thread
Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Orchids I liked the City Mini GT as easy to fold up and can also be used with the Safe&Sound Unity Capsule ( 0-12months) with a simple adaption bar added - as I like capsules (so I can get a sleeping baby in & out of a car with easy).
    However we have decided to see if our neighbours sister will be willing sell us her capsule & pram before we go out buying new stuff.

Like the 0-4 seats too but in the first 12months I think it's handy to keep a sleep routine as much as poss but still have the freedom to get out & about hence the capsule for us.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Becca!

I love when people notice my belly Annerley too!! I also didn't realize how much satisfaction I'd get from looking at my belly in a mirror.

Yes Orchids was thinking the same thing about prams, need ideas. Want something light but sturdy for walks in the park.

Thanks for the tip Jay, we weren't sure about capsules but that's a great perspective and will give DH some food for thought.

Dilemma...if a really close cousin just had a baby girl and their middle name is the same as our first, should we change it? We're not even sure if we're having a boy or a girl so it could all be irrelevant in the end. I think I might tell her and ask if she'd mind. ?? Oh the joys of being the last one to have kids, people all have dibbs on names

Happy Weekend everyone!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd just ask them too Lotsa makes it apt easier then dealing with crap when bub is born and they might love that you like that name so much.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Becca and welcome to the thread.. All the best with your NT scan Friday... It's amazing how much they develop by that scan

Annerley my OB appointments are also monthly till about 30 weeks..

Amps that's exciting about the furniture.. I can't wait to get mine.. It should arrive in a couple months as we've already ordered everything! How cranky was that receptionist? Seriously!! It's great when people start commenting on our bumps... At the start I just thought I looked like I had too much pasta! Lol

Oh bedlover that is so gorgeous... I still haven't felt a good kick yet.. Just flutters... Can't wait Glad your OB appointment went well!

Orchids glad your scan went perfectly.. Oh your bump is sooo cute

Yeah I would just ask them lots... I think it's fine if it's only the middle name..

AFM - I'm feeling better although just tired all the time. I've got a wedding today and can't wait to show off our bump!! My new shoes didn't fit earlier in the week cause my feet were swollen from the heat so hoping they squeeze in today! Lol

Hope everyone is well and have a great weekend x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Orchids you stunner!!!

Lots-I would use it if it's only a middle name. At 28 none of my cousins even know my middle name.

Jay-it's an angel sounds one. No screen though.

Amps-I wanted to do bubs room over Xmas while I'm off work but the in-laws have decided to come over.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca- we have the same NT scan date! 6 days to go...

Lotsa- I don't think your cousin should have a problem, different if it's the same first name but since it's only their middle name, I'd go for it!

JJ- I just thought I looked pudgier too! I'm happy to say my samples are both done, I woke up at 5:30am needing to go so did my first morning one then. I tell you what, my half asleep self was sitting there and all I could think about was the cranky receptionist while I was trying to catch my sample! So glad it's all done now!

Jay and Orchids- I'm looking at the Strider Compact. It's such a hard decision though! I didn't realise how hard it would be but I think I've decided.
    what a beautiful bump pic too, Orchids!

Bedlover- your post made me smile, how amazing that DH felt kicks whilst you were sleeping, I can't wait for that part!
    Last edited by Annerley; 07-12-2013 at 08:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd definitely use it if you really want it lotsa. A cousin of mine named her boy Thomas, which was my dad's name. He passed away when I was 24 and I always thought I might use it so I was a bit annoyed. As it is, DH has a nephew Thomas so I wouldn't have used it as a first name but I did use it as a second name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Becca!

Annerley : that really sux that lady was so mean. It's not expected to take a urine test in especially if you're not given a cup to do it in. Not long till your NT Scan!

Arlais- Such great news about your little girl! How cute you got to see her again and yay for cutting down clexane those little b!tches sting!

Bedlover- yay for feeling baby move around and for DH feeling it! Glad to hear your OB appoint went well.

Amps- that's so exciting that you have your nursery furniture. I'm looking forward to buying all that stuff.

Orchids- great bump pic! In regards to prams I've been eyeing off the icandy or joolz pram for a long time. On the more expensive side though eek!

Thank you JJ, Simpsons dessert, Ngaiz and Arlais for your kind words. The day was hard but getting a scan and seeing bub again sweetened it.

So I'm seeing my OB again next Tuesday and will give her my definite answer about the stitch, which I will do after doing lots of research and my NT scan is booked the week after on the 18th!

Enjoy your weekend girls! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry no personals but good to hear everyone is going well - I just wanted to quickly share that I think we've picked a nursery colour!! Ridiculously excited, I'll put a pic up once I've got the sample painted on the wall

I'll come back later to put in my 2 cents on prams, etc.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Afternoon ladies!! Ive spent much of the day sanding back a cot I scored for $10, I've got a looong way to go.

Arlais-we chose a colour called kiwi kissed. Light green/yellow but not lime, does that make sense?

We've decided on a city select, we are hoping to be lucky enough to get number two asap and the fact the second seat can be easily added had me sold. I also wanted a reversible seat and adjustable handle. I'm off to NZ in Jan and it's $250 cheaper so I'm buying in there and bringing it back.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (11-12-2013)