Closed Thread
Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, quick question from me. I've had an awful pain in my right side since yesterday. Originally I thought the baby might be lying across my body and it was a foot kicking into my side. It feel like my right side is massively stretched and tensed and is painful to lie on but also painful lying on the left as it over stretches that side. Normal growing and stretching or something to worry about do you think?.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you have pulled a stomach muscle Octoberbaby? I did this just before xmas and was really painful for a couple of days. Sounds like it. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You may want to get it checked out hun, could be sore kidney from uti or any number of things. Better to be safe than sorry!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girls. ABH, I think I could have pulled a muscle. I went to a pregnancy physio class on Thursday and we did a few things. All safe of course, but more than I've done in a while. I've also been working like crazy for a few days cleaning the house as DH's cousins are coming today to stay with us. I told him, and his mother weeks ago I didn't want them and their 2 kids staying but there was a lot of pressure and I gave in. I have been a bit slack with housework lately so there was a bit to do

The biggest reason I didn't want them staying was we are going camping this week with 35 of DH's famiky before having 4 days with 75 of them at his family reunion. I know I will be completely exhausted after a week away with all those people and wanted some quiet time begore it even starts!

So, I could easily have hurt myself, although the movement I'm feeling on the opposite side makes me think bub is lying diagonally across. I'm also freaking out about camping as we are a little way from medical help and mobile reception. I'm sure I'll be fine but just a bit worried. And I've just found out there's no showers ar the campground!!

Ok, rant over.DH has been fairly sympathetic and helped alot at home but I will be glad when the next 10 days are over - and hopefully baby and I are ok. If I don't feel better tomorrow I will try and see my doc before we leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're going away camping (mad woman!) I would definitely be getting checked out before you go, just for your own peace of mind to know bubs is okay.

Currently waiting in pathology to do my glucose tolerance test - I hope it starts soon as I've got my growth scan in 3 and a half hours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I just wrote this massive post with personals and lost it all!!! Grrr here I go again!

KJ- your pillow sounds heavenly. I hope you had a lovely bday!

ABH- I love you cot! I want something similar to that. I'm guessing it's a boori?

Arlais- I'm sorry to read you were in hospital. So glad they gave you some meds and hopefully you are on the mend. I've had coughs like that in the past and with asthma on top I know how scary it is to feel like you can't breathe. Hugs.

Simpson- you are awesome at keeping up with the personals. It is very assuring to have weekly appointments plus my trusty doppler has come in handy. Looking forward to feeling some movement in the coming weeks.

Rtkirk- thanks for your words I think a nice calming massage is what I need. Sux that your pram fell through. I hope you find it again for an even better price.

Annerley- sounds like you are having a lovely holiday. When are you due back? Thanks for the hugs and back at you. Looking towards that 20 week scan now.

Amps- thanks you for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a rough time. Medical expenses sux and are confusing. Wish they were more upfront with the whole impatient- outpatient costs. However your midwife sounds so lovely and caring and that's a huge plus.

Octoberbaby- ouch that sounds painful I agree with the others, get it checked out before you go away. Sounds like you have been a busy bee lately and stretched something but good to always check. The camping trip sounds full on!

Sorry if I missed anyone else.

AFM- 16 weeks today. My bump seems to have moved upwards slightly.

Weird pregnancy symptoms: My nips have started to hurt heaps the last two days. I woke up to one yesterday looking massive and achy. All the areola was bunch up to make what looked like a nipple mountain! WTH!! Haha it went away quickly though.

Here's a pic of my bump. Enjoy your day. I'll be staying indoors with the aircon on!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389575925.985459.jpg

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (13-01-2014),KJ35  (13-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyones had a nice weekend.

ABH – thanks that’s good to know. The Rozibaby pram we are getting they have on their website that they hire out the capsules also so I was going to do the same like you say paying for only 6 months seems like a waste of money buying one when you can hire.

Arlias – how are you feeling? Is your cough getting better?

Annerly – your cruise sounds nice and relaxing, I’ve never been to New Zealand so its on my list of places to go hope you haven’t been sick again

Amps – all the money we spend on the medical bills is just out there and with the hormones flying around as well it can get you down, hope you feeling abit better. We have our management fee to pay in couple of weeks and I dread to think what our hospital fees are going to be when we have the baby its never ending payment of medical bills. Im with Arlais Ive not really kept a tally of all our medical bills but over the past 2 ½ years they have gone into the many thousands too and still more to come so when they say kids are expensive our kids cost us money before they are even born (worth it though J)

Octoberbaby2010 – ive only had slight pains from stretching not the pain you are having id agree with ABH maybe you’ve pulled a stomach muscle could be worth getting it checked out to be on the safe side. Hope the pain subsides.

AFM had a nice relaxing weekend catching up with friends and just waiting for my morphology scan tomorrow afternoon can not wait to see our little one again and finally get a definite confirmation on the sex, I still think it’s a boy like they said at the last scan but DH is convinced it could be a girl. I don’t know about anyone else but feel like my body’s been taken over its weird my stomach is aching like its stretching and growing all the time and my boobs well they are massive, i’ve always imagined myself been pregnant but I don’t think you can prepare yourself for how much your body changes. I am loving it but not loving if it makes sense like we’ve said before I feel guilty for moaning or feeling like this because we’ve been through so much to get here but when I have spoken to my friends who have had natural pregnancies I don’t think one of them said they enjoyed it.
    Last edited by KJ35; 13-01-2014 at 12:23.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Riss78. Cot and chest of drawers with change table on top was purchased online from cots 4 tots. $699 including mattress. Looks like the Boori style, without the price tag. Cots 4 tots are in all states.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely starting to feel better now KJ, thanks for asking Cough syrup has been working a treat, so I'm sleeping well now. Haven't had any today though as I'm doing the glucose tolerance test at the moment. 2 blood tests down, 1 more to go. Feeling a bit queasy and headachy from the drink and not being able to eat yet. 40 more minutes and I can get out of here!

DH cleared out the nursery yesterday, so we'll be painting this weekend and setting up all the furniture soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Might be going to hospital today, haven't kept anything down for nearly 2 days. Dh has gone up one of our paddocks for a few of hours, so will decide when he comes back. Still feeling plenty of movement so guess belly-bean is fine

My cloth nappies should arrive this week, got annoyed when they hadn't arrived this morning. Must remember to be patient. Yeh, right!!