Closed Thread
Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Arlias you poor thing sounds horrid. I found when I had my cough, given it wasn't as bad as yours, that the nasal Fess spray then
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389358263.747921.jpg Rhinocort somehow helped my cough I think it stopped the throat from being irritated. Hope your better now.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news you are feeling better Arlias. I'm glad you went to the hospital to get it sorted out. It's better safe than sorry for you and bubs.

Love the cot ABH. I have the sand ours back and stain it as there are a lot of teeth marks on it! Got it for free so still pretty happy.

Happy birthday KJ- your pillow sounds amazing if only to sleep all night. What bliss.
    Congrats on your baby girl Catlover. Glad your wish came true. I am wishing for a boy but we both want a surprise. I have no names for a girl though so we will be in trouble if that's what we get!

Riss hope that everything is ok for you and bubs. Your story made me so sad for you. I know that everything will be fine for you this time around. Try and take it easy. Good excuse for a calming pregnancy massage I say!

Awesome news on the bassinet Simpson. Feels good to start getting stuff sorted doesn't it?

AFM well our pram fell through. They sold it to someone else by accident apparently. BS I say. Ah well back to the drawing board. Also suffering from insomnia, constipation and heartburn. But this is the joy of pregnancy after all

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (11-01-2014),KJ35  (13-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just wanted to check in an say hi from my holidays- we are on a cruise and have just reached southern NZ, we have visited Melbourne and Hobart already and will be going to Dunedin tomorrow, followed by Akaroa, Tauranga and finally Auckland. I'm having a great time with no sea sickness but did have my second ever pregnancy vomit the other night (the seas were calm and I felt well until I cleaned my teeth and then needed to be sick but felt completely well again straight after so thinking it was pregnancy related). I was going to visit the mud flats in Tauranga next week but decided to play it safe and give them a miss as I couldn't find out whether it was safe to visit whilst pregnant with all the sulphate there- oh well!
    I have managed to have a good catch up read of this thread (thank goodness for my lovely grandma being a good cruise customer and getting free internet whilst on board!)

I have been very jealous reading about all these awesome bargains you ladies have scored and particularly all the items friends/ family have given to you, I don't have many babies around me so don't think I'll be that lucky!

Arlais- so sorry to hear about your scary cough but glad you are on the mend and have your hubby at home to look after you! Lovely to hear that baby is doing well also. All the best for your next scan!

Catlover- congrats on being team pink! I'm really glad that you got what you wanted and I agree, more girls are exactly what we need on here! I was in suspense with your post, as it wouldn't let me scroll at first but finally got there!

KJ- Happy belated birthday! I'm definitely investing in a pregnancy pillow when I get home as I have had pain under and around the bottom of my ribs on my right side for most of my holiday, not really sure why as I know the baby can't be that high up yet but hoping the pillow will make sleeping more comfortable!

Spidery- not long to go until our next scans, I'm counting down the days until I can find out the sex and have been grateful that I've had plenty to keep my occupied lately as it feels like it's definitely been a while since we have seen our babies. I think I've been feeling slight flutters lately, have you felt anything?

October- thanks for the tips, keep them coming! Very useful for us first time mums to be! I think I'll be getting that book you suggested too!

Riss- I've been thinking of you lately, as I'm approaching 17wks, I can't help thinking about what you went through, big hugs! I'm glad we are almost over the half way mark, hope you are taking care of yourself and taking it easy!

Simpson- appreciate the great job on the personals, made my catch up job so much easier - thank you! So happy to hear that you have finally had some kicks too and yay for the bassinet purchase!
    Last edited by Annerley; 11-01-2014 at 11:21.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (13-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Enjoy Akaroa Annerley, it's beautiful!! My nanas family is from there and I have visited once and fell in love.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (14-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - glad to hear you are enjoying yourself on your cruise, am just a tad jealous I must say, been to nz twice and love it.

Simpson - your personal posts are awesome and have inspired me to try harder to do the same

Kj - Happy belated B'day!

Arlais - so sorry to hear about the panic attack with all that horrible coughing. It is so frightening when you feel you can't breathe. Lucky you have an awesome dh to look after you.

Riss - Every milestone can be hard to deal with as it approaches especially if there's been heartbreak before. Thinking of you

afm- had a major meltdown when I went to the hospital where I will be having our baby to get my dressing changed on my picc line. I'd been to the radiography place to sort out my bills for my scans and for placing the picc line. I needed a repeat morphology scan because of a possible issue with me but I went to a bulk billing place the 2nd time and they used the wrong medicare item #. Has to be adjusted so medicare will pay some of it, not be flat rejected like at the moment-$230. The most distressing thing was the cost of my picc line. After medicare and private fund paid their bit, I still owe $600.
    That would pay for my pram and capsule.......when I left I started crying. When the midwife saw me for my dressing change she asked how I was doing(my face and neck were all red and blotching) and I started all over again. She was amazing at calming me down, being sympathetic without being condescending. I love her to bits!!! I was actually laughing by the time I left. Found out from medicare I would've got more back from them if I was an outpatient, not an inpatient. Family safety net threshold doesn't apply if you are an inpatient. Guess I will be on a payment plan.....

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (14-01-2014),KJ35  (13-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Amps! Being pregnant just makes all those emotions 100 times worse than they would be otherwise.

I understand that we can't have everything for free, but medical expenses are just ridiculous at times. It certainly doesn't help when you need to buy stuff for the baby and aren't going to be working in a little while. I hate to think how many thousands of $$$ we've racked up on medical stuff alone bub and I - not keeping a tally because that would just be depressing! All I can say is I'm glad we increased our credit limit to cover the IVF upfront payment, because there's no way we would have been able to cover unexpected blood tests and scans, etc otherwise.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (13-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For any of the Brisbane girls who are wanting to use a baby capsule for the first 6 months. These can be hired through the Queensland Ambulance Service for $76. Professionally cleaned and fitted. Can book online. I was wanting a capsule but couldn't justify the cost for such a short amount of time, so hiring will be perfect for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ABH I'm not a Brissy girl but that's cool.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Amps I'm really disappointed that your health fund isn't covering the cost of your PICC insertion with it being part of you admission.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz - me too. I thought more would be covered but I don't totally blame them. The radiography place is in the same building as the only private hospital near me and from experience they have always overcharged for their procedures. Also this time, they have changed how they do a picc line, part of the cost is a special insertion pack-$150 that is not covered at all, even by medicare. This isn't how they used to do it. They charge $230 for a morphology scan where I saw that the bulk-billing place got $95 paid to them from medicare, small difference there, not!! I s'pose it could be a lot worse and I really shouldn't complain. We seem to be right on track to actually be holding our baby in our arms in about 11weeks1day. I think that is starting to freak me out

I think I have an alien in my stomach. Dh saw my belly jolting with every kick last night and asked me "does that hurt?" It doesn't but the kicks are getting stronger so I am dreading when he/she decides to aim for my rib-cage, so far most movement is below my navel. In the last week I've a few just above on the left, one I reckon just skimmed a rib. My mother said she thinks I'm carrying quite low.....
    How the hell are you s'posed to fold baby clothes???? Tiny awkward shaped things they are!

Hope everyone has a good week and for those on bed rest or in hospital, hope you don't get too bored.