Closed Thread
Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Becca85, yes ordered the cot and chest of drawers last Thursday and was ready for pick up on Wednesday. DH and I put together and it looks great. Very happy with the quality and price.

It's kind of weird walking past a room with a cot in it. But I'm glad to be organised.

Happy Birthday for yesterday KJ. Hope you had a great day. Your pillow sounds great. With the bleeding gums, do u floss? I had a check up early on and dentist said pregnant women are more prone to bleeding gums and to make sure I'm flossing daily. Had been a bit slack, but picked it up and no more bleeding gums. OB also said to take good care of teeth and gums.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    like the cot ABH, I'd be constantly walking past the room a peeping in makes it all seem real very exciting...no I'm not flossing but will start now you've mentioned to, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow for a checkup and filling, my gums have been bleeding for a while now...I got a shock this morning walked past the mirror in my underwear and saw some very angry red looking stretchmarks on my hips anyone got any tips on how to stop these? otherwise think I'm going to get a outbreak they are starting on both hips!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry KJ no tips

ABH nice cot I've already started sitting in nursery for a few minutes every now and then just to let it all absorb can't wait for the cot though. Hubby tried to paint another coat yesterday but too hot as paint started going of in tray

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up in hospital this morning due to this awful cough. Just couldn't stop coughing, started wheezing and spluttering so DH took me to Emergency.

Luckily there was only a couple of people there at the time as I started having a full on panic attack because I couldn't stop coughing and felt like I couldn't breathe

They got a nurse and a doc straight away to come and see me out in the waiting area, then took me through, checked all my vitals and helped me to calm down. The staff were so lovely and reassured me that even though I felt like I wasn't getting enough air, my oxygen levels were good so the baby was getting plenty.

It took a fair while for me to recover as it was hard to stop going into panic mode every time I had a coughing fit, but DH was so great at breathing with me and getting me to slow down.

They had a midwife come down with a doppler to check on bub to reassure me that she was doing just fine, and even phoned my Ob to give her a heads up I was there just in case I ended up being admitted. Sneaky little thing was trying to hide, but she did have a good strong heartbeat

The doc put me off work for a week to rest and hopefully get back to 100% but she did say the cough could hang around for quite a while yet, so wrote a script for a special suppresant to help it settle down. DH was given a carers certificate to keep an eye on me for the next few days. He's currently napping next to me on the couch - I've kept him up most of the night coughing and then the 5am trip to hospital so the poor love is exhausted! On the plus side it means he can now come with me to the growth scan on Monday so we can get a good look at bub together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no Arlais sounds like a terrible experience for you and DH I hope the rest brings on a quick recovering

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How scary Arlais! Hope you feel better soon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you're ok Arlais, what a scary start to the day! Sounds like you were well looked after though xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, feeling much better this afternoon snuggled up on the couch with my puppies

I sound awful but coughing far less and bub is just doing nice gentle rolls and pushes today instead of her usual kickboxing routine!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend to look forward to

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catlover- congrats on your little girl . About time there was some more pink in here! Your bump looks perfectly fine to me so don't let your Mum's comments worry you. I have an excel spreadsheet with all the baby stuff I need, plus some extras that aren't essential but nice-to-have. It is crazy how many individual items there are.

Spidery- the time from the 12wk to the 19wk scan is tough. I was going mental too! I hope you've got some time off coming up to recover from that stressful Christmas period.

Jay- bummer Junior wouldn't pose for a good pic of his face, very cute hands and feet though .

ABH- yes the movement is awesome! The cot looks great, must feel good to be setting up for bubba.

rtkirk- grrr at your sister, how rude! Great work on getting the mat leave sorted, let the countdown begin .

KJ- Happy b'day for yesterday! Your pillow sounds wonderful. Great news that bub was fine at the OB appointment! Always a relief to see them and know that all is well. I've got some stretch marks on my hips and bum too. Nothing you can do I'm afraid, topical creams can't penetrate to that layer of skin. They do fade eventually and will be hardly visible one day.

Becca- my itching is mostly my boobs and the places I jab my clexane. I agree, its awful. You must have really done a number on your back to need medication! Yay for the sickness easing and apetite coming back. Love your cute little bump .

October- great tips on the things you found most useful! The book especially sounds very helpful, will add it to my list . Glad that DS loves his room, I hope its going to be an easy transition from 1 to 2 for you.

Riss- oh gosh, the anxiety over the spotting and approaching the point where you lost your first bub must have been so hard on you . Hope the weekly check ups are reassuring you and the worrying gets less & less. Fancy seeing a celeb in the waiting room! Would've been nice to hear she was a mere mortal and looked ordinary... oh well, good for her!

Keri- glad to hear all is well at 28wks. Congrats on hitting the 3rd trimester!

Amps- oooh you have a birth date all set, that is so awesome! I don't see any issue with the 1st April, april fools ends at 12pm anyway.

Ngaiz- Eww and lol at the regurgitation! I am loving the movements, also very gentle for me at the moment. I'm sure we'll be getting kicked good & proper soon! Great work on the pram savings and awesome that the OB let you delay the PMF so you could hit safety net this year. Mine is due next week, so I'll enjoy the cheap appointments too .

JJ- hehe at the fluffs. I had a stage like that in the first tri, thank goodness it went away. I hope it doesn't come back!

Arlais- so relieved to hear you are back home and feeling better. The cough you had sounds scary! Glad you went to hospital for answers and that both you & DH can rest the next few days. Hope you're feeling back to normal soon.

Hi to everyone else

AFM- Got a fair bit happening next week with hospital appointment Mon, OB on Thurs and RI on Fri. I'm taking those 3 days off work so I've scored 2 long weekends in a row, woo-hoo! I bought my first major baby item too, found the bassinet I wanted at a good price and ordered it online . Have a great weekend all!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Amps  (10-01-2014),Arlais  (10-01-2014),Kerikiwi  (10-01-2014),rtkirk  (11-01-2014),Spidery  (10-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope you're feeling better soon Arlais. I've coughed do much before that I ended up with bruised ribs.

Abh-cot looks great!!! I think I'll start cleaning out bubs room this weekend.