Closed Thread
Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

Haven't written in a while but have been reading along. I'm suffering a bit from insomnia so what the best thing to do when you can't sleep but get onto BH. Can't believe how close most of you are to the finish line. Especially you Arlais! It's very exciting!

Amps I had to laugh at your bowel motion comment. It's so true even passing gas is a little victory some days hehe

Lotsathought- that's exciting you got the joolz pram with the accessories! You have to tell me what you think of it when you start using it.

Jay- those pics are gorgeous! Have you finished your nursery yet?

Catlover- your bump is lovely and you are definitely not too big. I look bigger than you and I'm 15 weeks. I'm taking photos every 4 weeks so I'll show you next week and then you'll feel better. I am finding it hard to hide the bump from extended family and friends so I have been avoiding them lol lucky we haven't got anymore family functions for a while until we are ready.

AFM- I'm going to apologise now for the 'poor me' post.

I think I experienced my first panic attack last Tuesday. The spotting I had after the cerclage seemed to have gotten heavier overnight and it freaked me out more than ever that something was wrong. Lucky I had a scheduled appointment with my OB that day and when I saw her I burst into tears like a moron! She checked me over and did an internal which killed me but all was fine and the bleeding was not coming from my stitch but from the outside stitches which had not healed yet. I blame Dr Google!!! Everything I had read about recovering from a stitch said spotting should be for a few days but after a week it was heavier which was why I got so worried! Thankfully it has now stopped completely. Phew!

I think coming up to the 17 week mark when I lost my son is making me more paranoid. I've started feeling more stretching and dull aches now and the rational part of my brain tells me it's normal growth but the other paranoid part keeps thinking if it's the tightenings I had felt before my water broke. I try pushing those thoughts aside and focusing on the positives.

So I'm seeing my OB today for another check up. Love see little bubs getting bigger every week.

Hope you ladies have a lovely day! As for maternity leave. I don't get any paid leave now. I took the year off last year using my long service leave and did casual teaching days as well. I decided to take this year off too so lose my benefits. Luckily family leave is for 7 years so I can take my time going back full time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm sitting in the waiting room across from Gian Rooney. She looks lovely! I don't have that pregnancy glow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope your Ob appt went well today Riss.

I had a whole lot of pain/stretching/tightening about this time as well and remember really panicking but all was well. It's so hard not to be anxious and to stop worrying. Hopefully seeing bub growing tday was reassuring. Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Riss some people just glow anyway! Glad alls well for you more importantly!

Nursery still not done just awaiting cot to be finished really as had Scan Monday & then I convince hubby to take Tuesday off for himself, as he looked tired from all the work he's being doing around the house since he started his holidays and then today we had OB appt but it's a hot day anyway & he's feeling a little off so won't be getting done today but still have plenty of time so not concerned.

OB not concerned about SUA and said it won't be known until 32-34 weeks if it's going to be an issue anyway.

He said sleeping on left and right side is perfectly fine even lying on your back if not completely flat - said if you raise with a pillow either your shoulders or hips it enough to prevent any issues with circulation. What a relief! He said right side is safe and that no one can sleep on their left side for 9 months and if the right side was such an issue there would be a lot less babies in the world.

Anyway got to see more of Junior and this time he wouldn't stay still. Uterus now about 2cm above my belly button and he said my belly size was perfectly within the norm and that women stretch and change in so many varying ways that's there is no way to compare from the outside it's all about how things are going on the inside that matters.

Feeling good!! Actually OB seemed to be amassed that when he asked how I've been feeling I responded really really good no complaints as Juniors giving me a easy ride thus far!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much octoberbaby for your reassurance. I thought it was normal but doesn't stop us from worrying.
    OB appointment went well. She kept the ultrasound on a bit longer so we could have a look at him moving around and chewing on his hand...so cute!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jay. Glad all went well with the OB and glad they are no concerned too much with the single artery!

I asked my OB the same question about sleeping and she said the same. If anything your body will wake you up if you roll onto your back in your sleep and it's causing an issue such as feeling faint. It's like our body has it's own in built safety mechanism.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I have been MIA for a while. Hope everyone is doing well!
    I have a massive bump now & finally enjoying it! The count down is on till I finish work.. 6 weeks to go! Yay I cannot believe I have made it to 28 weeks so amazing & can't wait till our little princess arrives! I will start reading back on all the posts. Take care everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    28weeks wow Kerri that's very exciting! Welcome back too

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear things seem to be going well enough for everyone. It's so hard for us not to stress over the littlest things, but I don't think we would be normal if we didn't......
    I had my mid-wife interview yesterday by phone. Funny thing is, it was pretty well just a chat because they already had all my info from my hospital stays. Go again on Thursday to have dressing changed so get to pick up my info/goodies pack then, don't need a tour as I've already sneaked a few peaks. Not sure about going to ante-natal classes now as I've already asked a million questions and dh can only be here for 1 of the 2(he will forget anyway). He wants to go with the flow, typical!!Having to drive for over 1 1/2hrs ea way is a put-off too, wipes me out.
    Scary to think baby is nearly here. I start leave on 24th March with c-section planned for April 1st. Sounds a little mean I guess but if you knew more about our history you would find it very ironic, besides, I like the date 1/4/14, and if we have a girl she will have diamond for her birthstone. Hopefully the date will put others off so I will definitely get a single room

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been getting lots of stretching pains etc over the last couple of weeks and my stomach just seems to have popped out all of sudden even my OB commented on it I actually daren't get on the scales now because I am sure the 2.5 kilos I had put on to date may have doubled!! well its my birthday tomorrow and my present is a pregnancy pillow from my DH, can' wait to try it out hopefully it will be comfy, how times change from romantic weekends away/jewelry to pregnancy pillows how rock n roll!!!!not long at all now for you ladies due in April exciting/scary all rolled into one!!