Closed Thread
Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I find that because of an operation on my left knee when I was a teenager, I cannot lie on my left side for more than a few minutes at a time, otherwise I start getting pins and needles in my left leg, and it eventually goes numb if I keep lying there. So I spend the bulk of my time on my right, with occasional flipping over onto my left.

My mum lives over in the USA, so I haven't seen her for several years; and by the sounds of things, she won't be able to afford to come back to Australia any time soon.
    Last edited by Catzilla; 07-01-2014 at 08:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard about not sleeping on your back as well Spidery which is a pain because my hips start to hurt about 4 o'clock in the morning from sleeping on my side so I have to sleep sitting up after that! Oh the joys of pregnancy.
    Hope your job calms down soon and you get that contract with the mat leave.

Love your bump photos CatLover- dont worry about your mums comment. My sister called my fat on Christmas day which was lovely. Whenever I start to get down about my size I google images of women who are the same week/month as me and the differences are huge. Pregnancy is a personal thing so we shouldnt be compared to others.

Good luck on your scan today KJ- let us know how you go.
    Great scan photos Jay cheecky baby hiding its face though.

AFM put in my leave requests yesterday and they are already approved! Yay! Only have 10ish weeks to go. Not that I am counting

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (07-01-2014),Spidery  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can't believe how much stuff is needed for a new baby. Trying to write a list of what I think I might need, and I've already got something written on every line of an A4 page (although some could probably have been grouped together on the same line). Still not sure if I've thought of everything though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know what you mean CatLover - it's amazing the amount of things people say you "need" for a baby. Basically we're organising somewhere for bub to sleep (cot), a carseat and pram for travel, things to keep her clean (bath, nappies, etc) and clothes to dress her in.

We're not buying much apart from the "big ticket" items until after the baby shower. I'm planning to BF, but will only buy a pump, bottles and storage for EBM once I know I can do it - otherwise we'll get set up for FF instead.

Bub won't do much apart from sleep, feed and poop in the early days, so as long as you've got what's needed to manage those then you'll be fine. Unless we've already got something on hand as a gift we'll just be buying things as the need arises.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (07-01-2014),lotsathoughts  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OB appointment went well his little heartbeat going good. My Anterior Placenta is low lying but he said not to worry we'll find out more next week he had a quick look and seems to think the baby is in front of the placenta will find out more next week at our morphology scan and if it does stay low lying then will have a C Section at 38wks.Was good seeing the little one again and he's grown loads, seemed so much bigger
    Last edited by KJ35; 07-01-2014 at 13:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news KJ glad you got to see bub. Best of luck for your scan!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here are the pics the sonographer took at our 20.2week scan on 6Jan14
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389080943.520332.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389080956.236279.jpg

Plus a few more I took snapshots from my video of the scan:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389080986.453179.jpgleft foot & top of right foot
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389081012.068236.jpgleft foot
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389081065.686940.jpgarms up but quick side glance
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389081118.038332.jpgcovering face but best shot of mouth& nostrils ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389081186.683164.jpg a quick side pic whilst rolling over so a little blurry but mouth open

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D
    Last edited by Jay11; 07-01-2014 at 18:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, so exciting that you have your dates set for mat leave starting. Let the countdown begin
    Love your belly. It does look bigger in week 22 than week 21. Gorgeous.

ABH, How exciting that you've purchased the big nursery things! Have you received your goodies from Cots4tots yet? Probably a little too soon. I'm just interested as I've been considering ordering online too. Only thing with cots4tots is they only seem to have the sleigh cots. I like them but for us, we're looking for something a little more simple looking.

Amps, I chuckled to myself about your spontaneous bowel movement comment. The things we get excited about when pregnant. My latest is going (almost) 4 consecutive days without vomiting hehe
    What an awesome score with all that baby stuff

Jay, so so exciting to be feeling Junior.
    Good work on the cot. I'm sure you both feel good about that mission pretty much being over.
    Glad nothing major came up in the scan. Hope all is okay with any follow ups re the Single Uterine Artery .
    Awesome scan pics. I love the foot one. We have a foot one from our NT scan and I love it so much I want to frame it hehe

Catlover, how are you feeling? Hope you're all good now. Your scan is tomorrow right? Hope all goes well. Do you have a preference for blue or pink, or a feeling of what might be in store?
    I can also see the difference in your bump pics

Annerley, no HR dept at in my office. I actually think the unofficial HR person is my manager so I'll just have to go in and discuss the situation with her. She was super supportive with the IVF so I'm hoping she'll be understanding about mat leave as well. I'm just a little concerned cos I know she came back to work pretty soon after having her bub. I'm sure I'll be fine though.
    Hope you're having an amazing time in NZ! I'm extremely jealous.

Octoberbaby, 14 weeks seems so soon. Baby will be here with you before you know it. Do you mean you get paid maternity leave from your workplace? That's awesome if you do!

KJ35, 2.5 is probably pretty good for 18 weeks. I've gone up 3.5 and I'm only 16 weeks. I stacked on a lot of weight while TTC but in the few months before our FET (and BFP), I got myself into the gym and changed my eating a little and managed to drop 7.5kgs. Hope you get the results you want from WW but going by the chart on average weight gain in pregnancy, you haven't put on too much at all.

Arlais, completely normal to have worries/concerns about how things will be once bubs is here. No matter how much we try to prepare for what's in store, it's all a big unknown until we're there. Some people adapt to the change so easily while others take a little longer but that's probably related to what kind of baby you have as well.
    Hopefully all is going well for you on Monday and you can reduce the clexane injections. I really feel for you still having to be on injections. I dealt with those the least of all the things involved in IVF.

Lotsa, very exciting about clearing out space and buying/laybuying your baby things. I think the bigger the things you buy, the more real it all feels.

Rtkirk, great work getting free/gumtree good deals. Good luck with the task of clearing out baby's room, hopefully it's not too painful for you. Also awesome that your mat leave starts in only 10 weeks. Yay!

JJ, glad you were able to enjoy some time away. Shame the weather wasn't better for you though.

Simpson, hopefully the itching eases soon. I don't think it was pregnancy related as I'm not that far along but my back was so itchy I tore it to piece trying to scratch it. Dr freaked out when she saw it and put me on meds (which I checked with both her and the chemist were safe in pregnancy) so I feel your pain there - itching is HORRIBLE!
    Yay for feeling movements

Spidery, that's so crap about your work! I'm totally with you on the back sleeping thing. I've been trying to sleep on my side for a couple of weeks and have been so uncomfortable (and I barely have a belly yet!). I bought a belly bean pillow and am loving that but I'm still waking up on my back occasionally.

hwaterhouse, how are things with you?

So sorry if I've missed anyone. Have tried to go back through all the posts since my last post (and there were heaps so I likely have missed one or two =/)

AFM - Feeling less nauseous for the most part and haven't been vomiting lately which is great. My appetite for more more healthy foods is returning now too Booked in for 30th Jan for morphology scan and we're still agreeing to not find out the sex.
    Currently 16+3 and definitely getting a more noticeable bump:16+3.jpg

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (07-01-2014),Arlais  (07-01-2014),JJTiger  (08-01-2014),lotsathoughts  (08-01-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (07-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (07-01-2014),Spidery  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep. Scan tomorrow afternoon. We both have a slight preference for a girl, and have taken on occasion over the last I don't know how many weeks to referring to the baby either as "she" or by our chosen girls name, mostly involuntarily without realising until we've said it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It coud be worth a read of the sticky in this sub forum What you need and when. Arlais is definitely correct that there are many things that you don't actually 'need'. I also found I got many, many useful things at my baby shower that I would never have thought of and then bought other things as I needed them.

Some must haves that I loved were a bath thermometer. Mine is a little duck from Big W $7.00 which shows the water temp and a colour range to show too hot/cold etc. Also wraps for putting baby to sleep. I found flannelette ones were the best and harder for bub to get out of. (I didn't even know baby should be 'wrapped' before having DS!) The best book I had was Baby Love by Robin Barker. It was like a bible for the first few months. I was forever looking up to see if things were normal and what to do about feeding/sleeping/health things. Really practical and useful advice.

As I unpack my baby stuff I'll share any other things I think of. Grobags (sleeping bag brand) are particularly good but expensive. I think worth getting from about 3 months so look for them on special.

Yes Becca, I get paid mat leave again. It certainly is awesome! Simpson, DS does love his new room and I think it's helping him understand a bit more about the baby coming.

Good luck tomorrow Catlover! Looking forward to seeing if you and DH are right about the girl!

Glad to hear everyne is going well

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (08-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (07-01-2014)