Closed Thread
Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Here's some pics he's doesn't like showing his face kept covering with his arms & hands so more hand & feet shots this time
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389014560.768436.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389014575.934604.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389014591.567879.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1389014603.653416.jpg

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone

sorry I have been quiet but I have been reading along every day. Glad all is going well for you all. Cannot believe how close some of you are to your due date how exciting

Congrats to all the ladies with the great scores on clothes and baby furniture/equipment.

AFM: I have worked over the entire Christmas season I just about lost it at work last week as it was the week from hell. Patients getting tear gassed, running out of smokes and intoxicated/self threatening harm with pretty much no staff as most on holidays.

Just had the last. 2 days off and trying to keep headache from turning into migraine as I keep pulling my neck out as I am finding it hard to not lay on back and minimise time on right side. Anyone else finding it annoying?

on a more positive note I am 16w1d today and we get to see our little munchkin in 22 days for the 19w scan I have been impatient the last few days as I don't feel like much has changed and then the paranoia sets in hoping everything is ok. I feel like a crazy person at times lol

Hope you are all having a great day a settling back into work post Christmas
    Last edited by Spidery; 07-01-2014 at 06:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My goodness Spidery where do you work? That sounds crazy! Sorry to hear you worked all through Christmas. When do you plan to leave to have bubs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I lay on my back all the time. Apparently you can do so until it's too uncomfortable. Have you heard differently?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hwaterhouse I am nurse at the prison at Windsor. From what I have read from approximately 15-16 weeks not advised to sleep on back and minimise time on right side as everything presses on vena cava the main vein that returns blood to heart to re oxygenate blood to go to baby and body is reduced as insides press against vein partially closing it however they do say font panic if you find yourself on back just reposition to left side. And I read a study saying that laying on your right side is similar but has a greater association with still births aren't I a bundle of great info

But on a realistic note I think if you minimise it you I'll be fine trying to sleep on left side but I find it comfortable on right so I been switching sides all night

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for leaving work well I am currently trying to secure a new contract that allows for maternity leave. But my full year comes at June 3 weeks before baby is due so might not be able to start mat leave until then

Thanks
    Reviews
    loving the scan pics Jay11 we haven't got a pic of our little ones face yet due to the same reason plus he seems to always sleeping...have my OB appointment today so fingers crossed all is ok..I switch between my left and right side all the time because if I lay on one side for too long it gets uncomfortable but I didn't know about the right side been dangerous making me abit paranoid now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm. Well I'd better keep a better eye on how I'm sleeping. I was told that if I wasn't getting light-headed or dizzy then I wasn't stopping the blood flow and it should be okay. I generally move around a lot in my sleep and always wake up on my side so perhaps that's why I don't have any problems.

Your job at Windsor seems very intense! I hope it works out with your contract.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (07-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ35 I do exactly the same thing I am sure we will all be fine I think we are all smart enough and don't lay in he same position all the time.

Hwaterhouse yes that sounds right too but for me I do get a bit dizzy sometimes when getting off bed but I'm sure all is good. Yes job can be very intense at times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery, KJ and Hwaterhouse, I asked my OB about sleeping on your back and was told to avoid it after 24 weeks. So from about 16 weeks I have been trying to train myself to sleep on my side. I have read about the right side not being as good as the left, but OB didn't mention it. I have been sleeping with a small pillow behind my back, then if I roll over in the night I got back to my side. Working well. I have been sleeping really well, apart from last night. Not sure why??

All the best for your OB appointment today KJ. How exciting. My skin was breaking out heaps, but is clearing up now.

Cute pics Jay.

That so sounds like something my mum would say Catlover, she lives in a different state, so don't see her all that often. I'm sure she will have something to say about my belly when I see her in Feb.

Congrats on the movement Simpson, great isn't it! Can't wait for DH to be able to see and feel it too.

Enjoy your day ladies.