Closed Thread
Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year ladies!!! Sorry I've been MIA.. I had no phone/internet reception while down at the beach for the week.. It was great to getaway but the Melbourne weather was pretty average I've had a quick read through the posts and glad everyone is going well.. Sorry, no personals.. It would take forever!! I'm 23 weeks now and feel like I've grown even more I weighed myself at 21 weeks and had put on over 6kgs.. I'll have to get back on the scales tomorrow to see what the Festive Season damage is! Lol.. My OB has only weighed me once.. I told her I knew I had put on 6kgs which I thought was fine but I got the impression she thought it was a little too much.. She said 12kgs in total would be good and Bubs is about to double in size in the next 4 weeks.. Woops!! Oh well, I'll worry about it after!! Lol

Here's to an amazing 2014 for all of us... We finally get to meet our little miracles... Yay!!!

JJ xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep having issues with the site and it wouldn't let me on again over the past few days. I have had the feelings too ladies and feel guilty because I've wanted this baby for so long that if I complain I feel selfish etc but I have to admit I enjoy seeing my stomach grow with our little baby inside but then I don't know if its the hormones but Ive never suffered from achne before and I have a face full spots, uncomfortable to sleep at night and hormonal, when are we supposed to glow like everyone keeps telling me because I don't feel like I'm glowing!!! ( I cant use the symbols on here anymore either some reason). Hope you had a great holiday JJTiger...well we went to see friends over the weekend and they have a 3 kids so have lots stuff given to me bassent, clothes, nursing chair/stool, baby bath and chair, toys, changing table etc so starting to feel like its all abit real now my stomachs really popped out over xmas think its mixture of food/baby

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like a good score from your friend KJ! I don't know if you saw the posts saying that the Google Chrome browser works much better for BH? I've been using it for a long time and don't have any issues

Certainly hearing you on the hormone front at the moment! Luckily my face has started clearing up, but I've had some terrible breakouts around my jawline like nothing I've ever had before. I've just become incredibly emotional in the last week or so. I posted earlier about having an awful fit of jealousy, then last night I was bawling my eyes out over a stupid movie that wasn't even that sad! I'm generally not much of a crier, so this is very strange for me.

I hope everyone is having a good start to their week. First full week back at work for a while, so it's probably going to be a drag! Only 7 more weeks to go though before maternity leave

Thanks
    Reviews
    not tried google chrome I will do this thanks Arlais. My spots are exactly the same on my jawline and chin they are just starting to clear but you can still see the red marks and very emotional too just wanting to cry and feel sorry for myself....I read your earlier post about the jealousy and yep I can relate to that too so your not on your own, our DH's are patient having to go through the IVF emotions/hormones and now pregnancy ones I get the stare from my DH and I know I'm stupid and try and calm down, hope you start feeling less emotional soon.
    This first day I drag I have 5 more months to go, going to try and work up until a few weeks before my due date so I can spend more time with my baby because only getting the 18wks off, all though if we can manage to save I my see if we can manage a few months unpaid so I have 7 months off and start back in January but we will see that is a long shot really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    20week scan done all well only one little hiccup as only have Single Uterine Artery instead of 2 but since Junior is only a day behind this far not worrying. Probably mean extra growth scans and hope he stays on track.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais- eek at 13w to go!! Seems like yesterday you were just passing 13w pregnant. I didn't realise there were such discrepancies regarding the start of the 3rd trimester... I'll go along with week 27 'cos thats what my pregnancy app says (very scientific rationale ). Nice work on the 100g gain, when you find out how you made the Xmas pudding disappear, do tell! I also feel very fat and frumpy, and that DH only sees me as an 'incubator'... if he complimented another woman I'd probably react the same way you did.

Becca- I told work that I was pregnant as soon as I knew, and after 12 week scan verbally mentioned that I wanted to start mat leave with the Easter hols. Haven't formally applied yet, must get onto that!

Amps- glad to hear Google Chrome is working for you . And yes I get excited when I get the urge to do #2's, constipation has been a big problem for me and I have to drink this awful fibre powder from my naturopath to help me go.

Nirok- wowsers, 52 weeks pay is bloody fantastic! You must have worked there a long time to save up so much leave, and the option to extend to 3 yrs is great. Good luck with raising the topic with your bosses, they'll no doubt get a shock when they find out how far along you are!

Ngaiz- I had to giggle at your comment about the lower bulls**t tolerance threshold . I hear you! My plans are similar to yours, working up until 36+4 then taking a year off. The difference in your bump pics is amazing, you've really started to pop now .

ABH- wonderful to hear all is well with bub and you're getting the big ticket items sorted out. I had lots of Brissy based FB friends complaining about the heat, hope you survived it OK.

Jay- yay for feeling movement and painting the cot! Looks like a massive shed your DH has there, and neat too. My DH has the whole double garage and a 6mx3m shed- all full of mess . Glad all was well at the scan and the single artery isn't a cause for concern. Any pics?

Catlover- hope you feel better soon. Good luck for your scan on Wed!

Annerley- you do a fab job of the personals yourself . Have a great time in NZ and safe travels with your precious cargo.

October- is DS excited about his big boy room? Must be mixed emotions with seeing him grow up so quickly. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to be a big brother and you'll find a way to juggle both kids. Awesome that you'll get another 14wks mat leave without having returned to work... I think I have to return for at least 12 months to get another round.

KJ- we haven't started baby shopping either so you're not alone there. I won't start until late March after my baby shower. Your friends have given you a great head start with all that stuff! I second Google Chrome if you're using PC, always works better for me .

Lots- wow that was a productive weekend! We've been decluttering quite a lot and it is a great feeling. DH took particular delight in tossing out my Uni books that were taking up an entire cupboard... I was hoarding them but its time to let go.

rtkirk- nice to hear from you! I'm huge too, 15kg up at 22wks. Yay for getting the cot, pram and bassinette!

JJ- Glad you had a nice break. 6kg gain is totally fine! Our babies are 500g or thereabouts at this stage, so doubling in size will only add another 500g.

Hi to everyone else

AFM- I'm really relieved to read the comments about not loving pregnancy 100% and the guilt that goes with it. As much as I love our baby and I'm so grateful that he/she is coming, I'm looking forward to the pregnancy phase being over. No glow here either, just feel fat, uncomfortable and the itching- oh that drives me mental!! No amount of cream relieves the damn itchiness, I'm scratching like a mangy dog with the fleas of a thousand camels!!

On the plus side, I finally started to feel movements woo-hoo . The first time was at 21+4 and it made me gasp out loud. DH is peeved that he can't feel it from the outside yet, but at least I know that will follow soon.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (06-01-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad you're not worrying too much about it Jay - growth scans are a good way to have an extra look at bubs that not everyone gets to have I'm looking forward to having one myself next Monday - if growth is well on track and placenta is looking healthy then I get to reduce clexane injections to every other day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Latest bump pic from today:- 19 weeks 2 days.

19 Weeks.jpg

I can definitely see a difference between 14 weeks and now. Here's my 14 and 16 week ones for comparison:-

14 Weeks
    14 Weeks.jpg

16 Weeks
    16 Weeks.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can definitely see a difference CatLover - nearly halfway there!

I was amazed how much my bump popped just after that 20 week point, so you've got that to look forward to. Reminds me it's been a couple of weeks since I took my last bump shot. I don't think my belly has gotten much bigger, but my bbs feel like they've exploded! Starting to produce actual drops of colostrum now, so I'll definitely be needing to get maternity bras and breast pads sorted shortly On the plus side it's a good sign I'll have a decent milk supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I sent my mum a copy of the photos, and she reckons I look awfully big for someone at 19 weeks with their first; but I pointed out to her that according to a pregnancy weight gain ticker I found, that given my starting weight, my gain of just over 3kg to this point put me pretty much exactly where I should be. Very little if any discernable change in breast size so far - I still fit into my old bras, although I've swapped my underwire ones for my wireless sports ones.