Closed Thread
Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    EBPregnancy, Babycenter.com & Pregnancy apps says 3rd Tri is week 28 - 40!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had a swim and it was like a warm bath. Sure is a hot one in Brisbane today.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love summer, but this is a joke!! I wish I was at your place Jay.

We left home at 7am and it was already 28 degrees. Spent the entire day at my Aunty's place in her pool. Official temp from BOM website was 42.5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ouch! Only 22 in Adelaide today; but it still feels uncomfortably warm in my house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday I was given an awesome gift from a dear friend of mine. 5 large nappy boxes full of baby clothes, sizes 00000 to 2, boy & girl. Also a portacot with insect cover and travel bag. Now just have to wash, sort and store away. My cousin is giving me all their old baby clothes too, don't think I'm going to need a baby shower, just about have everything we need, if not more!! Have a pram and capsule picked out ready to order before the end of the month, Steelcraft Agile from mybabywarehouse, cheapest deal I could find.
    It's starting to sink in that I will be holding our baby soon, I've started biting my fingers again, not happy about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling strangely nervous too Amps! As challenging as I've found pregnancy at times, and worrying how baby is doing in there, I'm pretty sure it's nothing compared to how things are going to be when she's actually here. As much as I'm looking forward to her being around, there is a small part of me that's sad it won't be long before I won't be able to do anything without considering a baby. Even though DH & I are very considerate towards each other, at the end of the day he's an adult who can take care of himself.

The Agile seems like a good all round pram, but a common complaint with them is the straps to change the recline angle - there's two straps and if they don't get pulled evenly then the back will become lopsided. I had a play with one in a store and found them a bit fiddly to be honest. Granted my pram only has 3 different recline positions, but I find it much easier to operate. You might not have any problem with the strap system though

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember having those feelings Arlais and Amps before DS was born and I have to say, I struggled for a few months after he was born with how hard it was at times, how much responsibility it was (DS had feeding/weight issues) and I remember feeling guilty that I had wanted this for so long but it didn't seem all it was cracked up to be I think with IVF pregnançies in particular those feelings are intensified because we have all worked so hard to get this and I was absolutely in love with him and yet felt I seemed ungrateful if I complained about anything so I kept it all to myself.

Now that DS is 3 and fairly independent, I'm worrying about how I will manage to coordinate 2, how will DS cope, he will miss out on things, how do I share my attention, can I possibly love a new baby as much as I love him etc etc. I know it will probably all be fine but the fear of the unknown always scares me. We tried for so long to give him a sibling because we thought it was important but as it gets closer, I keep hoping we made the right decision! This journey - such a rollercoaster!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (05-01-2014),Arlais  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks October, it's reassuring to know that it's completely normal to be having these feelings.

There is definitely that guilt factor of wanting to have a baby so badly we turned to science to make it happen - none of us want to seem ungrateful because our babies aren't perfectly behaved, we haven't slept properly in days, etc.

When I first started IVF I had those dreamy thoughts of not being upset to hear my baby cry because it would mean they're actually here, and other notions like that. Now I'm basically of the opinion that once you're pregnant, regardless of how you came to be so, all bets are off and everyone has the same right to vent, complain and rejoice about their child(ren) without being made to feel guilty about it.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (05-01-2014),Ngaiz  (05-01-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with those feelings ladies. No one wants to feel guilty for having such normal emotions but it is hard not to sometimes. This is our first bubs too so getting prepared mentally is as much of a challenge as the physical changes. Nice to have such reassuring comments around

We have been in baby mode this weekend! Cleaning out the alcove (as we don't have a second room!) ready for the baby. Busily putting desks etc on eBay to make room. Bought a chest of drawers from ikea (the top will be the change table when we get a mat) yesterday.
    Today we headed to baby warehouse to buy some big ticket items. My mum and sisters had given me money to spend on a pram. Bought joolz day earth (with a free summer seat and shopping bag), safe'n'sound meridian car seat, rocking feeding chair + stool and bassinet. All should fit in the "baby alcove." Everything was on sale and even got $200 worth of gift vouchers. Don't pick up until March 8th as it pushes back when the warranty starts. Plus gives us time to eBay more stuff! Quite therapeutic going through everything and throwing out what you don't need. Living in such a small place forces you to not be a horder.

I didn't feel baby move for a long time. At 25 weeks I feel the kicks more regularly and have noticed my belly moving at times. Love it so much and agree it has reduced anxiety levels!

Been so busy with cleaning/sorting lately that I slept until 5:26am straight last night! Felt like such an achievement as I have had lots of broken sleeps the lady few months. Fingers crossed off some more long sleeps! I do know it's good prep for the baby but don't want to be completely exhausted by the time I get to April

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies sorry I have been MIA but massive issues with the BH website and got fed up with it. Glad to hear that it was not just me!
    So good to hear that everyone is progressing well. Congrats on all those scan photos and loving the bump photos. My bump is fricken huge and I have put on about 10kilos. Trying to exercise more and eat better so I don't have too much weight to loose after.
    Over the holiday break my DH and I got a free cot and bought a bassinet and pram off Gumtree. Saved heaps too. We ended up getting a baby jogger with a reversible seat. Trying to clear out all the junk now from the baby's room. Mammoth task!