Closed Thread
Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais I've just been checking out your ticker and can't believe you only have 13w4d to go!!! Even if you do get to term it's really not that far away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Arlais I've just been checking out your ticker and can't believe you only have 13w4d to go!!! Even if you do get to term it's really not that far away.
    I know hey! Time just seems to be flying by. Actually counted today and I only have 35 days of work left before I start maternity leave

I think it's funny that the "20's" weeks have never sounded like I'm that far along to me, but there's only 3 and a bit left before I really hit the downward slide of week 30!

Definitely time to pull my finger out and start getting this nursery sorted and a bag packed for hospital soon...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlias & Ngais question - countdown clock how do you do it and see it?

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlias congrats on your appt and seeing bub.

Junior has been behind in measurements to whole way so I'm hoping on Monday he's tracking just the same as happy with not having a huge bub as I saw a lady today when I was waiting for my Physio appt and I swear she could have a teenager in that belly .... it was gigantic !!!!! I must have have to most freak out look on my face when she walked in to the waiting room!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    That does sound scary Jay!

You can make a ticker from the "tools" section on the purple bar if you're on the website - then you use the code to copy into your signature. I don't know about others, but I can't see signatures on my phone app.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I know hey! Time just seems to be flying by. Actually counted today and I only have 35 days of work left before I start maternity leave
    Lol arlais - I only had the week off since 24th december but got to work this morning and cracked the $hits with it all!! (Sick of always being in pain from SPD but totally just hate my job with a passion.)

So to make myself feel better I worked out my last day. I'm opting to finish up before 34 weeks (because i have the leave to spare and not cos i have to) so therefore I have 57 work days to go (not including the sickies I intend to take!). 57 work days sounds way closer than 12 weeks to go!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais, so good that your ob is on the same page/supportive of your hopes for labour. You'll be on maternity leave before you know it.

Jay, I had a giggle at the lady carrying a teenager hehe. It's funny how some people barely get a tummy while others just balloon.

Nirok, sucks about you hating your job. Awesome you can go on maternity leave early though.

Question - when did you guys talk to your bosses about your maternity leave? How long is everyone planning on taking off? I want to take a year but not sure when/how to approach it with my boss :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having 6 weeks before bubs due date (starting at 34 weeks) - some like to work up until they're pretty much in labour, but I'm sooooooo looking forward to having some time to myself before she arrives. I'm just so exhausted when I get home from work at night already.

I think it's something like 10 weeks notice is the standard amount expected to give your work before you go on maternity leave. It gives them time to recruit and train a temp replacement for you. If your boss knows you're pregnant they would probably appreciate you voicing your intentions of taking the year off sooner rather than later.

I get 6 weeks paid leave from my work, then I'll be claiming the 18 weeks paid parental leave after that. We can't afford for me to stay off work after then unfortunately. I'm currently putting money away and aiming to have at least a month's pay saved up so if I really feel I need a little more time at home then we've got a buffer there.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Arlais. I'm thinking I'd like to start my mat leave maybe 4 weeks before I'm due (due date isn't til 21st June) My boss knew all about the ivf and was the first in my office to know it worked. She's been so supportive about everything and I don't want to seem ungrateful for it by not returning to work but I also really want to spend as much time as I possibly can with my new baby.
    I feel like I really need to talk to my boss about the wanting so long off but I'm also really unsure about how to bring it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, I looked up Fairwork for the rules on maternity leave as my work talked about making me take early leave behind my back. Found out they can't until 6 weeks before my due date with conditions, so they can just go stick it. You are s'posed to give a min of 10weeks notice before starting leave, if any of you have "interesting" workplaces I would suggest you check out fairwork so you know your rights, I found it pretty easy to navigate and links to paid maternity leave requirements etc. Was well worth reading.
    I'm going to decide this weekend when I want to start leave, need to check how much annual I have up my sleeve, want to use it up first as I don't see me going back...........

Thanks for the tip on web browser, google chrome is working fine for this site, haven't tried my tablet yet, need tech support to help set me up

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (02-01-2014)