Closed Thread
Page 35 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We ended up with the Steelcraft Acclaim reverse handle stroller. Got it on special for $279 at My Baby Warehouse. I can't remember what the original price was but it was definitely a good discount. All 4 double wheels swivel, so you just set whichever ones are closest to your feet in the straight position and it can steer smoothly either with the baby facing towards or away from you.

Also comes with a boot cover, rain cover and insect net. Fairly lightweight- I can easily lift it into my boot and it doesn't take up all the space. Most of the fabric comes off so it's easy to clean and has a removable insert for newborns

For the carseat we've got the Infasecure Kompressor Caprice. It had really good reviews, great cushioning, removable fabric for washing and importantly a slimline base so it will fit well in my car with teens either side That was also reduced to $279.

I did have a look at some of the more expensive prams, but honestly, the one we ended up with suits our needs and considering we've spent far less on a cot, change table, carseat and pram than it would have cost to get something like a bugaboo, I just can't justify the price! If some people are happy to pay for those sorts of things then that's fine (and they do have some great features), but for us it really comes down to what is essential and practical.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Arlais; 01-01-2014 at 18:47.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy new year everyone! I'm going to try to post here more. I read up as much as I can but I haven't posted in so long. Hope everyone is doing well.

Arlais, we ended to getting an Acclaim too. It's inky early but I knew prams would be the hardest thing for me so we started looking a few weeks back. Toys r Us just had an out of stock tag on theirs, no price but we really liked it so I googled it to see what it usually sold for and one of the first web pages that came up was an ad on gumtree for one that had been used only 5 times. It was only 5 mins from our place so we went to check it out. Looks brand new and we got it for $175. I was super happy with that cos it's got everything we were after in a pram and I figure for that price, if we don't like it once bub is here, looking into a new one won't be a big deal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca85 View Post
    Happy new year everyone! I'm going to try to post here more. I read up as much as I can but I haven't posted in so long. Hope everyone is doing well.

Arlais, we ended to getting an Acclaim too. It's inky early but I knew prams would be the hardest thing for me so we started looking a few weeks back. Toys r Us just had an out of stock tag on theirs, no price but we really liked it so I googled it to see what it usually sold for and one of the first web pages that came up was an ad on gumtree for one that had been used only 5 times. It was only 5 mins from our place so we went to check it out. Looks brand new and we got it for $175. I was super happy with that cos it's got everything we were after in a pram and I figure for that price, if we don't like it once bub is here, looking into a new one won't be a big deal
    Nice bargain Becca!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais we are going with the kompressor as well, purely because it comes in funky colours, hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks great Cat!

Alias so happy you got the pram setup and are now feeling excited to use it. I was the same when neighbour brought the one we have over I kept looking at it in amazement grinning to myself.

Becca nice work on getting your pram it was like it was meant to be so happy for you great bargain buy!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots grins glad to hear its adult friendly too hehehe

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (01-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted it in purple, but it would be around 12 weeks until they could get it in and I'm convinced I'm not going to make it that far! I could have tried elsewhere for price matching to get the colour but couldn't be bothered at the end of the day, so we just ended up going with the black that was in stock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat, I've been considering one if those childcare cots aswell. We've briefly looked at cots but haven't gotten serious about it yet. I'm hoping to have the nursery furniture and car seat sorted by late feb to give us plenty of time to order in if needed.
    Was in a baby shop a few weeks back and a lady who was 3 weeks off her due date was told flat out by them there's no way they'd be able to get her any furniture in time for her due date!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year ladies! Our babies are going to be born THIS year... feels so weird but freaking awesome to say that!

Lots- how sweet of your friends and fam to throw a surprise baby shower!

Ngaiz- loved your toast . Sparkling grape juice sounds yum, I must find some of that. I had sparkling cranberry juice with a dash of lime, the hard stuff lol.

ABH & KJ- hope you enjoyed your quiet nights in on NYE.

Arlais- Sounds like a great NYE, and how nice of the hosts to cater for you with mocktails. Yay for buying more baby stuff! I'm with you on sticking to what is simple & effective without going overboard on price. I can't justify the likes of Bugaboo and Boori when much cheaper options will suffice. Very pleased to hear you give the Acclaim a good rap, that's the pram one of my besties gave me. Its still new in the box. Makes me sad that she didn't get to use it herself... I'm very grateful for the generous gift. It retails for $349, so you got a great bargain! I looked it up on Choice and its one that gets a good rating from them .

Jay- we had an unexpectedly late NYE too. Was meant to be a quiet low-key get together with 10 friends and turned into a lively party that went til 4am! Good on you for letting yourself have a celebratory drink! You must be itching for Monday to come around for your scan... nearly there .

Catlover- looks like some great choices there, and budget friendly too! We're trying to keep spending to a minimum as well, going with an Ikea cot for $149, already got a pram as a gift, and the convertible carseat I like is the Infasecure Neon $168 at Big W.

Becca- wow that pram was a great score, well done! Have fun choosing the cot and other stuff.

Big hello to everyone else

AFM- We had NYE at home with a few close friends & family and instead of being the casual laid-back night I imagined, it turned out to be quite the party! Music was loud to drown out the neighbour's awful racket (there was a party clash lol), shots were flowing, and we were all still up at 4am .

So awesome to see some of you buying the big ticket items and thinking about baby showers. My bestie is throwing me a shower in March, then we'll start our own shopping after that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (02-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a lovely Ob appointment this morning, we started talking about the birth and I was very relieved that my Ob likes to let things happen as naturally as possible, especially since I'm at a "good age" for labour. She was very understanding about my fears regarding c-sections and promised she wouldn't do it unless absolutely necessary.

She also reassured me that the aspirin and clexane really won't cause an issue if I do happen to go into labour before I come off them at 36 weeks. The only issue would be if I wanted an epidural within 12 hours of having a clexane injection - but that would be something to deal with if the situation arose.

The nurse was also very impressed that I've only put 100g on since my last appointment 4 weeks ago! Not sure where all the Christmas pudding and icecream ended up LOL.

Bub is currently measuring 2-3 days behind the average at the moment, but nothing to be concerned about as they do start to become very individual in their size and weight at this point. Dh and I weren't big babies and my sister's have all ranged from around 5 - nearly 8 pounds each, so I don't think I'm in for a boomer!