Closed Thread
Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Ob weighed me at my first appt but not since. I'm just worried about it because I lost 17kg before we started fertility treatment and it was really hard work. I'm scared I won't have time to look after myself once bub is here and I'll struggle to lose any excess, fingers crossed for breast feeding. I know this recent gain isn't baby, just a food baby!

Arlais-I've always wanted a reading done but on the other hand I have no interest in knowing my future, I prefer to take it as it comes. We have a family friend who is a very accurate medium and I have always been hard, apparently I'm not ready to know certain things so no one comes through for me.

Snap from wet and wild today. I love that I can see definition in the shape now.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having probs with this site too! Very annoying!!

I had only put on 1 kg by 12 weeks but at 24 weeks am now 8 kgs heavier! Christmas eating obviously hasn't helped but I feel huge now I've read everyone else's gains! I put on a lot of weight during my first pregnancy and had actually been concerned earlier on that I wasn't gaining. Not so worried now!

Have been doing some shopping lately. Treated myself to some gorgeous maternity/feeding pjs and a nightie, some maternity swimmers and a few Bonds things in the sale. I also bought a lovely nappy bag from Boowiggie. My mil bought me a gorgeous Oioi one for DS. It was expensive (and she's normally really stingy!) but I absolutely loved it and used it to death! So, Idecided to get another nice one this time too.

Am I the only one who is hormonal and cries all the time? It doesn't take much to tear me up at all. Sometimes it's even the news. What a pregnancy basket case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ngaiz- wow can't believe you are sporting a bikini body & nice bump! Lucky woman!

Give me 5weeks and I'll be even heavier at this rate Octoberbaby. and due to my knee issues I wasn't suppose to put on more then 10kg yikes!!

Annerley reckon if you can keep your weight over Xmas you should be gone on holidays. Have fun in NZ next week always wanted to go but still haven't!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know I'm being weighed as part of keeping an eye on bubs growth since my Papp-A test was low - which can indicate restricted growth in later pregnancy.

I'm having growth scans, but basically if I'm putting on a healthy amount of weight it helps to indicate bub is doing so too. If I can find the link I'll post up a chart I've seen which breaks down what the "average" weight gain is actually made up of. Apparently you gain something amazing like 1-2kgs extra in blood alone!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    October you definitely aren't alone. I'm not usually a crier but today I was. We got to wet and wild quite late so had to set up on the ground because all the lounges were gone. I didn't even want to go because being UTD I can't go on any rides. Then I got ditched by everyone, left in the hot sun on the hard concrete by myself for 2 hours. I was so upset and angry I cried. It's the first time I've cried since I thought this cycle was a bfn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If I go by the weight I was when I got my BFP, I think I've gained about 3.3kg up to this point (19w3d). Not bad, considering how crappy my diet has been so far.

Hope everyone has a great New Year. DH & I are just going over to a friend's place for some drinks, snacks, and maybe a bit of karaoke. Still, I'm planning on being in bed somewhere around the 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm mark. I'm not expecting to be able to stay awake any longer than that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ngaiz, that's awful. I'm tearing up just thinking of your day!

I am so glad today is the last day of 2013. It has been one of the most difficult years in a long time. DH quit his job in April because he was so unhappy/angry/depressed and there were an extremely diffcult fI am ew months while he found something else. (I am not working as I'm staying home with DS until at least he starts school - which I'm loving!) His new job is not really secure although he absolutely loves it. He's working from home which has caused a lot of relationship stress, and working as a sole trader which has been a huge learning curve for s both. Throw in the stress of what was heading toward the last roll of the IVF dice and I can't believe I finally fell pg under all this stress and pressure! It still seems crazy!!

I don't know what 2014 will bring but I feel so lucky to be adding to our family. I always find new year a really reflective time and this year has been a huge rollercoaster of emotions and experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year to everyone........we've all got much to celebrate and look forward to next year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Amps- yay for the MCN purchases and starting on the nursery! I get all soft & mushy looking at the baby clothes I've been given so far too. Are you using BH on the PC or phone? On PC I had to switch browsers as the Internet Explorer version I have was doing the same as you describe. Now using thru Google Chrome and its all good. On my phone (android) I use the tapatalk app and its great, that may work on your tablets? I can imagine it would be hard for you to keep any weight on with all the sickness you've had. If your OB isn't worried, then you shouldn't either

Bedlover- those kicks sound very impressive! How lovely to have everyone together for xmas this year, I agree these holidays have been so nice. Sorry but I'm going to beat you on the weight gain front... I've put on a whopping 15kg at 21wks. I was depressed about it but now I don't care anymore. The cocktail of drugs I take to suppress my immune system has caused the bulk of it.

Lots- lovely bump pic! I had a little giggle at the thought of stopping mid-shopping to pose hehe.

JJ- Love the bump shot, I think we're quite similar in size. I'm loving the thought of having a 7m old next xmas, such a cute age and still not old enough to be terrors . The picture frame pressie idea was brilliant, kudos to your DH! So awesome that we get such early pics and what a great way to show them off. Enjoy your beach house holiday!

Arlais- awesome idea to put the tally on the roll call. I knew the boys were in front, but wow its a huge difference! Your little princess is going to have her pick of the men . That psychic reading you had sounds awesome, I've had quite a few good ones over the years. Good thing you can be more prepared for an early arrival if that part is true!

Annerley- I had bump envy too in the earlier days... we're always wanting to be further ahead than we are so we can hurry up & meet our bubbas! No doubt when babies are here we'll be wishing we savoured the time whilst pregnant. You'll get your bump soon and hope you feel movements sooner rather than later too.

Ngaiz- you have a gorgeous pregnant bikini bod! Pity your day at wet n wild wasn't so much fun being stuck on the sidelines, I'd have hated that too. You have nothing to worry about with the weight you've gained so far... its miniscule for 22wks.

Veritas- lovely to hear from you. All the 'firsts' after losing a loved one are hard, xmas especially has never been the same without my Mum. Congrats on the new house and have fun settling in and setting up for bub.

Jay- love the toast to absent loved ones! Its so true that are only ever a thought away.

KJ- oh you poor thing with your accident. I've definitely had moments where I've leaked when sneezing or laughing, now I automatically cross my legs when I know I'm going to do either. Have to get serious about doing kegels more regularly!

Nirok- I hope you suddenly pop overnight and will have a beautiful bump very soon.

Riss- my OB doesn't weigh me either. Loved the funny cartoon! Not 'glowy' here either, bloaty and busty are dominating for me.

October- that is so interesting that weight isn't considered useful... explains my OBs relaxed attitude to all the weight I've gained. Hope I've made you feel better, I'd gained 8kg by 10 wks! I'm definitely more emotional, things that would never make me cry in a million years have me tearing up now. I hope 2014 is much smoother sailing for your family, 2013 certainly threw some challenges at you. We definitely do have so much to look forward to!

Hi to everyone else

AFM- So many of you have gained so little in your pregnancies, I'm mega jealous!! I was so active and quite trim before my BFP, now with an extra 15kg I feel like a hippo. Good thing is that my gain is slowing down as I'm weaning off my meds.

DH and I also don't do xmas presents, in fact on both sides of the family we only do presents for kids. It is so good not have all that stress of christmas shopping that people post about on FB! Instead, DH and I go out in the post-xmas sales and buy ourselves cool stuff . This year we got a new 70in TV and its getting delivered today!

Wishing everyone a very happy new year! I know we have so much to be excited about with our 2014 babies coming, and I feel so blessed to among this group.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Amps  (31-12-2013),Arlais  (31-12-2013),Octoberbaby2010  (31-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies, hope you had a great Christmas. Been away by the coast with some family so haven't really looked at technology. I've had a quick read through the last few messages. Yes, to being emotional, yes to bump pics being gorgeous and yes to the end of year being a reflective time. I feel so lucky going into this next year with a bub on the way and a brand new hubby.

Oh and gorgeous family and friends. We've visited my family in SA for Chrissy this year (off to NZ in mid Jan to see DH's). And do you know what they did?! Threw me a surprise baby shower! It was the most special day as I had written off having a chance to do that with my family as I assumed people would be too busy this time of year and I wasn't coming back to SA until after the baby. Feel so lucky!

I'm hoping we have more ups than downs in 2014. Wishing you all many blessings and good times xxx
    Thanks for your support xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (31-12-2013)