Closed Thread
Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where was your ergo from veritas??
    I never made it to baby bunting on friday when they had their sale for $139.

Thanks
    Reviews
    talking about baby bumps WOW!!! I think you've the biggest thus far but considering your ahead time wise have a feeling my bump might look about the same size by then which I must say is a little scary but knowing your even able to get away the a beach house (jealous) is comforting! Enjoy

19weeks yesterday and still no movement but getting foot & glute cramps in my sleep instead YEAH but finding maternity pillow in the front and a wedge at my back is making sleep a lot more comfortable.

Simpson I've been doing lots more cleaning and sorting and now I'm feeling organised grins!
    Had a neighbour let me go through all her stuff before she put it in a charity bin so lots of 00 & 0 clothes now to go with the 00000,0000, & 000 collection already put away ... plus toys now.

Backyard looked like a market stall the other day as I hung all the toys and jackets on the lattice to dry and all the other toys on a towel on the decking. All sparkling, smelling good, sorted (have a 00 box and a 0 box of clothes with labeled bags like previously) and put away now. Using coat hangers for items I didn't want to bagged like jackets which each colour hanger is a different size from left yellow = 00000, blue= 0000, green =000, red =00
    Attachment 48428

OCD definitely not settling! all I need now is a nappy hanging bag and nappies (other then the cot sanded and painted but hubby has that under control), old bed taken out and cot etc set up. Neighbour lent us their Steelcraft car capsule and a RedCastle pram that has bassinet (which now has all been washed and mattress protector and cover sheet put in ready for bub even have a blanket & muslin wrapped washed bagged and ready to go in under carriage just in case I need it) but also has seat conversion even tyre pump & repair kit) which is fantastic!
    Folds up nicely too

Attachment 48425
    Attachment 48426
    Attachment 48427

Haha what heat Melbourne weather is perrrrrfect
    Attachment 48424

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼
    Last edited by Jay11; 29-12-2013 at 11:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nirok View Post
    Woah jj - baby belly!!! Cute!!

I've not taken a bump pic since about 17w. Still don't look 'pregnant' at 20+5 - just fat and blobby which is getting me down in the dumps.
    Nirok I suddenly went from blobby belly to definite baby belly around 22 weeks, then even more pronounced around 24 weeks. I went from living in very flowy tops to now being comfortable wearing some of those bump enhancing maternity tops I never thought I'd be happy in!

My belly is nicely rounded, but far from that model perfect "tight" bump. Depending on where bub is sitting at the time the top is quite firm, but even now I still have a bit of a flabby part around my lower belly like I've always had - good for injections though lol. I've developed a few stretchmarks around the top and sides of my belly button, but luckily my skin is nicely elastic and doesn't scar easily so fingers crossed I'll come out the other side relatively unscathed!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

nirok  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlias I'm a scarrer so hopefully popping early and no stretch marks thus far will hopefully be the best for my body as appendix scar from 24yrs ago, knee op scars from 13yrs, chicken pox scars, and all my other scratches that were slow to heal are all visible. So if I get them I think I'll be stuck with them!

EDD 24May14 🍼

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nirok. - was at the local baby bunting on the clearance stand. Not the ideal one I wanted but for that price will do :-)

Will try and upload a bump pic later if I can :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great bargain veritas!

I want an ergo and have been saying to DH about proper positioning of bubs in a carrier, rather than legs just dangling from the crotch like a lot of the cheaper ones do. I don't think he knows the usual price of them just yet, so I'm hoping to snag one on a decent discount so he doesn't have kittens lol

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh cool veritas.
    Baby Bunting and Baby Savings have all the good deals
    I'm closer to maitland so my 'local' shop is Bubs at Rutherford - which is a nice big store - but they pretty much never ever have sales and will only price match if you pay the whole cost upfront rather than lay-by.

Arlais - my dp has no interest in the mechanics, colour, safety or features of anything baby related. He has pretty much given me free reign to pick what I want and tell him how much cash he needs to pony up. I keep talking about it all still so he can't argue that he wasnt given the chance to be included in any decisions or have a say on the price of things.
    Last edited by nirok; 29-12-2013 at 16:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Nirok I suddenly went from blobby belly to definite baby belly around 22 weeks, then even more pronounced around 24 weeks. I went from living in very flowy tops to now being comfortable wearing some of those bump enhancing maternity tops I never thought I'd be happy in!
    Missed this before!!! Hope that happens for me. Im pretty much wearing my normal clothes except anything tight because that just highlights this strange blobby shape I have happening.

I lost 17kg about 6 months before falling pregnant (after finding out I had pcos and going on metformin). I won't claim i had a flat tum but i was back in the healthy bmi range and had started working on toning stuff rather than losing more weight. But being pregnant seems to have accentuated the little muffin top that I had left and turned it into this big blob on my front.

Gah. So depressed about it i had a cry last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlias - Do you mean the ergo baby carriers as I looked them up and they have a list of there online retailers plus there is always gumtree or eBay if you know what you want
    http://www.ergobaby.com.au/ergobaby-...online-stores/

I have a baby bjorn deluxe I gave my Neice to make it easier getting around airports from check in to gate as you can't take your pram and to luggage claim when she came to visit & especially up flight stairs etc qantas have some strollers they can lend but not Jetstar & Jetstar staff said they weren't able to help her with her carry on when bub was too small too walk up the stairs as it's not their job! Anyway she gave it back when Bella was too big incase I fell pregnant.

EDD 24May14 🍼
    Last edited by Jay11; 29-12-2013 at 19:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nirok have you tried wearing a belly band under maternity clothes it might help make your bump look smoother (hide de muffin) and then you can show off that bump!! No more tears about it please as it makes me sad to think of you crying over that! Trust me I have much bigger thighs now and back fat I've never had we all change so just blame the progesterone anyway.
    I went through all my pj shorts last night and they either looked liked they'd been sprayed on or didn't even make it past my growing thighs which was kind of sad but I had to laugh instead as I thought they didn't look so bad that morning, but it was because my bump is so big they for once looked skinnier! I was a little shocked to see they were much much bigger then before! It won't be long till all your gut is stretched so tight you'll be glad you had some skin to move into rather then mine that is soooo tight every movement feels like its tearing apart!
    Chin up & big hugs!

EDD 24May14 🍼
    Last edited by Jay11; 29-12-2013 at 19:36.