Closed Thread
Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ngaiz- my DH and I didn't do presents either, I'm glad someone else understands as I feel exactly the same as you (I'm sure all the other ladies here understand too but most others don't seem to understand why my DH and I agreed to no presents for Christmas). I went and bought a heap of maternity clothes last week anyway and DH has gotten a few things recently too so I really didn't want him to get me anything as I feel so blessed to be getting the baby we always wanted. DH wanted to get me one small surprise but I really didn't want anything else. I know when it was my birthday a couple of mths ago, DH would say, what do you want for your bday? I kept saying a baby and I got my positive result just before my birthday but he wouldn't let that occasion go by without getting me anything.
    I wonder if you are having a girl, we need more girls in this thread.

Veritas- glad to hear you had a nice Christmas despite your mum not being here.
    Congrats on moving into the new house! Have you found out what you're having yet or having a surprise?

KJ- oh no sorry to hear what happened! I don't know what I was reading (either another thread on here or another forum) where one of the ladies said she'd had some accidents and another lady said she had too, there also seemed to be others saying they had close calls! I can't remember where I was reading this now but you definitely aren't the only one this has happened too.

So is anyone actually doing anything exciting for New Years or being like me and not bothering with anything? I think I'll just stay at home and drink my non alcoholic champagne and dream of what's to come for us all next year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were the same too annerley we didn't do Xmas presents either and we are staying in on New Year's Eve and have a nice dinner I doubt I'll be awake at 12 I'm fast asleep by 8.30 most nights....glad other people have experienced it I text my midwife friend and she said its not unusual due to there not been enough room for your bladder till about 20wks it was really weird though I hope it dosent happen again going to try and not drink close to going to bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did Xmas this year but it was just the two of us. We have had xmas's in the past where we haven't done presents really just said something was counted as our present (something practical we needed more then wanted) but this year we wanted it to be special as it was our last as just the two of us until Junior gets older. It was nice going all out for ourselves for once!

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ- you sound a lot like me...bring on the 20wk mark then, I can't wait to have more room for my bladder as sometimes it feels like it's going to burst! I always feel thirsty through the night so unfortunately don't think I can go without drinking near bed time. Every time I get up to go to the toilet through the night, I need a drink of water too!

Jay- I can see your logic about this being the last yr Christmas will be about us, I know DH would have loved to have gotten me something but I honestly didn't want or need anything, maybe I'm already starting to be a Scrooge as I plan on being a stay at home mum for awhile so know things will be tighter.
    We got Christmas presents from our families but most were baby related (first grandchild on both sides so everyone is very excited) so I guess there's lots we won't need to buy ourselves now. Looking at your pics though it looks like Junior has everything he needs already, do you have anything left to buy? I like being organised too!
    Last edited by Annerley; 28-12-2013 at 09:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seriously I don't know what I was thinking, somehow I've managed to acquire over 50 new face washers since trying for a baby(4 years). Lucky for me I have a sil who has offered to crochet edges on them(haven't told her how many I have).

Sanded and re-coated the baby's cupboard yesterday. Doing the same to chest of drawers today. Emptied the baby's room so we can get the layout right. New curtains to go up. 25weeks now so figured we had better get organised.

Has taken me nearly 15min to type this post, not happy. Can't post from our new tablets either at all, keypad keeps "flicking" up & down. If they don't fix problems soon might have to give up on bubhub. So not happy Getting way to hard and frustrating to post........

Hope you are all doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another couple not doing presents for each other here - still way too much needed to do and buy for the new house.

Feeling a cold coming on Not happy, but at the same time I haven't been sick in over 6 months which is pretty good running. Just hoping it's going to be a mild one!

Hope everyone is enjoying some down time x

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a gorgeous bump Ngaiz... I'll post a pic of my belly on Christmas Day... I'm so big already! lol

Great to hear from you Veritas and to hear you're well. All the best with the reno's...

Oh no KJ.. Hopefully that was a once off.. I'm always getting up for the toilet in the middle of the night.. I have had a few 'instances' when I've sneezed and felt a bit of a leak! OMG!!

Amps you're so organised.. Well done.. The 50 face washers is very funny!!

Speaking of Christmas presents.. My DH bought a frame with 1 big photo space and 4 small photo spots. The 4 small spots contain the pic of our cells dividing, 7 week scan, 12 week scan and 20 week scan. The big space is empty to put our Bubs pic when he/she is born.. How sweet is that? Love it!! Thought that was really cute..

I'm now 22 weeks 1 day.. We've hired a house down the beach for a week from tomorrow.. Can't wait to get down and do nothing... The last week has been so busy I'm exhausted!

Oh, Bonds have a huge sale.. 40% off reduced prices.. I've stocked up on wondersuits and singlets for Bubs..

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1388225693.075585.jpg

Christmas Day 21 weeks 5 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woah jj - baby belly!!! Cute!!

I've not taken a bump pic since about 17w. Still don't look 'pregnant' at 20+5 - just fat and blobby which is getting me down in the dumps.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks ladies for the welcome back.

We did pressies but downed the budget with the new house and all.

26 weeks Monday but gonna be about a month before the nursery will be ready to deck out, we have sooo much stuff already though. Bought an ergo today on sale for $79 :-) can't wait to wash all our mcns and baby clothes.

We are definitely team surprise though I am getting wry excited to find out.

Enjoy the beach house .JJ.. Very jealous.

Start our calmbirth classes in a couple weeks!