Closed Thread
Page 18 of 93 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riss78 View Post
    AFM- had a quick OB appointment and scan yesterday. Finally got a good pic that didn't look like a blob. Just waiting for my nt scan next Wednesday to get back all the results. Then next step is getting the stitch put in. Feeling nervous about it but I'll do anything to have a healthy live baby in my arms.
    Sorry Riss - meant to say congrats on seeing more then a blob and good luck for your NT scan & Combine results!

ABH - best of luck for your anomaly scan!

Oh AMPS - sending your more hugs so sorry you aren't getting a smooth sailing yet hope your home quickly and this time is the last hospital stay until your giving birth HUGE HUGS!!

Ainsley - congrats on great NT scan results and stepping over the 12 week line!

JJ - 20weeks whoop whoop that's a milestone that I can't wait to reach hope you had fun at your Xmas party!

Annerley. - tks still not 100% but cough less frequent so hanging in. Wow fantastic risk factor and scan pic very cute! Also congrats on your prM purchase glad you celebrated with getting the pram you really wanted!

Lotsa - I'm the same lately with baby brain and head cold I'm finding it hard to keep up. Hence this long catch up post ! Hope your hols start soon... Safe travels!

Hope4 - great scan pics looks like bub is enjoying life in the womb!

Spidery - good luck at OB appt and fingers crossed its nothing to worry about!

Ngaiz - nice bump and love bubs hand on the head too cute! Congrats on scan!

Arlias - hope you sort out blood pressure as doesn't sound nice!

AFM - a friend was going to sell stuff one ah but gave me first dibs so now have more stuff for Junior like change table, nappy bin, lots of clothes (0000 are now in draws, 000 & 00 are bagged labelled and put aside for now and I have a couple of 00000 just in case) I have cot sheet sets, Muslim wraps & blankets etc under change table ready to go very strange to see. I even hand a hand and a motorised breast pump heaps of bottles with various teet sizes, and a room temp gauge (think it's called Grobag egg digital coloured room thermometer), sleeping bags & lots more. Hubby wants to touch up change table (few scratches) and try and paint tall boy and we have a cot I mentioned previously he got for $50 which is in the workshop waiting for him to start his holidays which needs stripping back, sanding and painting it white too!
    Took pic of my OCD in overdrive

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1387030068.551599.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1387030088.860159.jpg

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (16-12-2013),Annerley  (16-12-2013),JJTiger  (16-12-2013),lotsathoughts  (15-12-2013),Spidery  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow score Jay!!! You are all set!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa- I'm hearing you on the baby brain. I have done some really questionable stuff or more like forgotten things, the problem is I've heard from some mums that it doesn't go away once bub is born, it's like constant baby brain. Great news on booking your hospital bed too.

Nirok and Veritas- just wanted to ask you ladies since you will be delivering at the same hospital as me, my obs gave me the hospital booking forms, do I just drop them in there or have to make an appointment to speak to them?

Hope- happy to hear that your results went well too! Your scan pics are amazing! I've had more energy this past week but the nausea has been worse. I've also had terrible headaches lately! I went clothes shopping yesterday and I agree, there isn't much out there that isn't really daggy. I went to Jeans West and got the two pairs for $109 deal- thanks to whoever mentioned these jeans a few weeks back, they are so comfy, I told DH I want to wear them even after the birth. Besides that I've seen some decent stuff online so I guess I'll be ordering from there!

Spidery- sorry to hear that you've had more brown discharge but it sounds like it's ok. All the best for Tuesday too! I've also booked my morphology scan, I have a feeling that the time will go quickly.

Ngaiz- great scan pic and bump! You look awesome. Aren't the headaches the worst? It's one part I could really do without. Usually if I have a headache it's gone by morning but I've been waking up with my head being sore from the day before!

Jay- wow! It really looks like your all ready to go, all you need now is a baby! I thought I was organised until I saw your pics, I just want to know what Im having now so I can do some proper shopping
    Last edited by Annerley; 15-12-2013 at 09:51.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (15-12-2013),Spidery  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi annerly - I got my forms at 15 weeks and was just told to drop them back in to the hospital when I come back for my 20 week scan. Obs rooms are on the hospital grounds so that makes that easy.
    You just reminded me I should probably think about filling them in!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nirok- I got my forms at the first obs appointment and I thought he mentioned to just drop them in at the hospital before 20wks. My obs in on the hospital grounds too but Im not going there for my 20wk scan so thinking of just dropping them in at next week's obs appointment.

Also ladies, I found out the other day that I have a high posteria placenta, apparently that means that I might feel movement earlier on and the kicks will be more forceful! Cant wait to feel it!
    I remember most of you ladies are all the same type of placenta but cant remember if its posterior or anterior that you all have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ainsley- It needs to be done under general anesthetic or spinal. I've chosen general and will save the spinal for labour hehe my OB assured me it won't harm the baby. Still nervous though.

Hope4baby- awesome pics! So cute!

Ngaiz- cute baby and belly pic. Looking great for 19 weeks!

Jay- oh my goodness you are so organised!!! What a lovely friend to give you first dibs on her stuff.

Spidery- sorry about the brown discharge. I know it makes you feel uneasy but the fact it's brown is a good sign. Hope your mind is eased when u see your OB.

Sorry if I missed anyone. I well and truly have baby brain. As I'm on my phone I have to save my draft read your comments and then by the time I go back to my message I forget what I was going to say. It's frustrating but hubby loves having a joke about my lack of brains hehe

Have a lovely Sunday ladies!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick message to let you all know that the online clothing store Asos is currently having a 25% off sale and it ends some time tomorrow (just have to remember to use the promo code when ordering).
    I just ordered 11 items for about $250. I'm going on my holiday soon and will be 18wks by the time we are back home so figured I'd be best to have maternity clothes organised!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (15-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah baby brain is a real bugger. I have to do the same thing with the messages too Riss! Haha. Combine the lack of memory with tiredness and sometimes I can't be bothered trying to remember.

Annerley I think lots of us have anteriors. I certainly do and barely feel the baby. Sometimes I do but DH struggles to feel it on my belly and I'm 22 weeks. If the baby is positioned in a way where it kicks on the side he is more likely to feel it. Today he felt a kick for the second time properly. I too can't wait to feel the baby move more. At times I question the little butterflies as movements.

Does anyone know if it's vital to have foam filled/air filled tires to take prams for walks in parks? I live opposite a big park with footpaths but big hills and want something to suit. Trying to narrow down the pram field and it's really mind blowing. The trouble is lots of the prams start to get really heavy once you start getting bigger air filled tires and I'm not very big and we have a corolla hatch back. Looked at the city mini gt today (better wheels for walking) after looking at the steel craft agile (light). DH and I left baby bunting with our minds blown and more questions. ?? An my mind is quite susceptible to confusion at the moment too! :/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (16-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's a pic of the extent of my OCD in overdrive
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1387093196.183178.jpg

EDD 24May14 🍼
    Last edited by Jay11; 15-12-2013 at 19:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Oh Amps! I have heard of that happening, but like you I've got good pelvic floor muscles so I'm sure that would have been most unexpected!

Today my blood pressure seems to be playing games. I was fine for most of the morning, but got major head spins when I got up off the floor (wrapping presents) too quickly to answer the door. Since then I only have to be standing for a few minutes before I start feeling really dizzy and need to sit down

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Arlias - just read this on a baby centre my pregnancy app for week 18
    "Your blood pressure will change a little over your whole pregnancy. Right now it's probably lower than usual, so don't be surprised if you feel a little dizzy. The cause? You guessed it: the pregnancy hormone progesterone. Progesterone relaxes the walls of your blood vessels and can make your blood pressure fall during your first and second trimesters. This lower blood pressure may make you feel faint if you stand for too long or get up quickly.

From now on, when you lie down, it's best to lie on your side, or at least partly tilted to one side. If you lie flat on your back, your uterus can compress a major vein, which decreases the blood flow to your heart. Extra pillows can help you get comfortable. Try placing one behind you and one under your hip or upper leg for comfort. "

EDD 24May14 🍼

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-12-2013)