+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello everyone

Just popping into your thread. I don’t know the reason why the odds of success are pretty much the same with one embryo transfer or two, but reputable population-based stats certainly support that being the case.

The most recent report from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare on Assisted Reproductive Technology in Australia and New Zealand states (at p vi):

“A continuing trend in ART treatment in Australia and New Zealand has been the reduction in the rate of multiple birth deliveries, with a decrease from 12% in 2006 to 7.9% in 2010. This was achieved by clinicians and patients shifting to single embryo transfer, the proportion of which increased from 56.9% in 2006 to almost 70% in 2009 and 2010. Importantly, this decrease in the multiple delivery rate was achieved while clinical pregnancy rates remained stable at about 23% per cycle”

The full report is available at http://www.aihw.gov.au/WorkArea/Down...id=10737423255 if anyone is interested.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

ejj87  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi JusJak

I'm still a little puzzled but that's the best resource I've seen for stats. Maybe they are not sure why, its just what they've seen in the numbers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your input ladies. I think we will try for two but our clinic is notorious for refusing so we will see I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbel86 View Post
    Thanks for your input ladies. I think we will try for two but our clinic is notorious for refusing so we will see I guess
    Good luck Kelbel, prob too late but Ill add my two cents
    I was all gun-ho for a double transfer on our third attempt if we werent successful prior. But my FS talked me out of it, at our age (im 86 baby too) the risk of twins is so much higher. The frequency of loss of one after 7 weeks is also high not to mention the possible loss of both at any stage would be totally devastating. In the forums everyone I know under 30 that transferred two has ended up with twins. 5% just isnt enough for me and IMO the loss of a baby is so much more devastating than a BFN.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks wish. And not too late. I go in next week for my day 21 appt. then cycle next month