+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I can completely understand your dilemma. We transferred 2 embryos after 1 failed cycle....for similiar reasons such as financial and I was 36 & desperate I think. We now have nearly 3 yr old twins ( and an 11nth old). It's been really hard raising twins...financially, socially, my career has been put on hold, huge pressure on marriage, & just overall health. They r hard work, whereas my singleton is just delightful because he is only one. We have enjoyed a lot of support from the grandparents....I don't think we could do it without them. I had quite a smooth pregnancy & despite them being 6 week premmie they were very healthy. I can't imagine how much harder it could have been if either had health problems or special needs. Even now at nearly 3, it is hard, relentless,, constant referree-ing.

I love them both, but if I had my time again, knowing what I do today, I don't think I would transfer 2 embryos.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shirleysmum For This Useful Post:

kelbel86  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks shirleysmum, nice to have input on someone who has been there too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!
    Our clinic told us there was a greater chance of miscarriage and abnomalities if two were tfrd. We only tfrd one at a time.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sethysmum For This Useful Post:

kelbel86  (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ejj87 View Post
    Hi Sariele

Could you tell me why a 2 emb transfer only increases by 5%. Is because of implantation issues

Thanks EJJ
    Hi hun, I'm not sure to be honest, it's just what the statistics say. It could be any number of factors.. maybe someone else can help answer this, anyone??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sariele/Girls

Its always been a bit of confusion to me. Any clues would be really appreciated ??!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We transferred two embryos and got identical twins (one embryo split). The other embryo progressed to a degree and resulted in a blighted ovum, so we were quite close to having triplets. This has to be a consideration too, as it's certainly very possible to end up with three or four.

We adore our twins and haven't found it overly difficult yet (5 months), however it is certainly a lot of work and the thing i miss most is being able to have one on one time when my bub needs it. It's impossible to cuddle two nicely at the same time at this stage. Cost etc certainly needs to be taken into account as you don't get to re-use baby items, so you will pay a lot for two of things and not use them again.

For us our age was the deciding factor and we are completely thrilled that we got two and were blessed with a healthy pregnancy. But if I was younger I would certainly minimise risk and go for one at a time. Enjoying one at a time would be very special too.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I believe it only increases chances by 5% because each embryo as an individual has the same odds of pregnancy as a singleton, however it's thought that the two together can slightly increase chances of at least one taking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbel86 View Post
    I believe it only increases chances by 5% because each embryo as an individual has the same odds of pregnancy as a singleton, however it's thought that the two together can slightly increase chances of at least one taking.
    Hi kelbel

I suppose if each embryo had a 1 in 7 chance, this doesn't mean you can put 7 back and expect 1 positive. I suppose its all the other factors. I'd like to see where it comes from (I often hear it). Complicated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    We transferred 2 on our first FET cycle (our FS suggested and we decided that we were ok with the chance of multiples and also understood the risks ) and it resulted in our DS1. If we had of needed to go back for IVF for our second child I would have transferred 2 again.