+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Exercise ideas during pregnancy

I'm currently walking for 20 minutes twice a day. Other than archery (which is an upper body work-out & occasionally involves walking through the bush) I don't really do any other exercise. I've had to give up my main form of exercise (dinghy sailing) due to the risk of knocks to my abdominal area.

I'm worried about putting on heaps of weight as the sailing used to be great for general fitness & abdominal strength.

What exercise can I do instead?

I can't drive so it's virtually impossible to get anywhere such as the gym/classes etc after work so it really has to be something I can do in my own home. However when I'm at home I have trouble getting motivated.

Also, can I wear an underwire sports bra during pregnancy? Lets just say I'm busty & I need to wear something supportive. My breasts are really sore already (9 weeks) so I'm not sure how I would go with running etc, it might be too uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was recommended a DVD set called Pregalates by the personal trainer I see. She used it during her pregnancy and said it was great. Basically it is Pilates DVDs for pregnancy. There is a DVD for each trimester.

I got mine last week and so far so good. Seems to give a good work out for toning the whole body, strengthening back, core and pelvic floor muscles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am super busty and wore under-wire sports bras to exercise through out my pregnancy without any problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wore under wire all pregnancy and after first few weeks of BF, till I stopped (DS1 12months & DS2 23months of feeding) I know your not suppose to be but having size GG boobs, I wasn't supported at all! Exercise would of been a no go with a wired sports bra and a crop exercise bra over top!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, its great you're keeping up the exercse, but I understand the lack of motivation when you can't get away from the house.
    I agree the Pregalates DVD are supposed to b great!
    Personally I walk most days, and i'm still at the gym, just on 'light duties'.
    I've just started pregnancy Yoga, maybe see if you have one nearby?
    Keeping active is important, and even if you buy a fitball and download an app to run a 15min pilates session each day its much better then nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    love this thread, ive been wondering about exercise too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick semi-unrelated question, why is it we aren't supposed to wear underwire when pregnant? Is it just a discomfort thing, cause I find them more comfortable than bras without.

I've just picked up a prenatal yoga DVD and am walking too

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssalee View Post
    Just a quick semi-unrelated question, why is it we aren't supposed to wear underwire when pregnant? Is it just a discomfort thing, cause I find them more comfortable than bras without.

I've just picked up a prenatal yoga DVD and am walking too
    The underwire damages your milk ducts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exercise does wonders during pregnancy as it boosts mood improves sleep, and reduces pregnancy aches and pains. The safest activities are swimming, brisk walking, indoor stationary cycling, step or elliptical machines, and low-impact aerobics it has to be taught by a certified aerobics instructor. As these activities carry little risk of injury, benefit your entire body and you can be continued until birth.

While i was searching for few tips of exercise for my cousin as she is pregnant i came across an article exercise for pregnancy. This a great article for pregnant women. So this can give you the tips what exercise should do during exercise.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/exercise-during-pregnancy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to deenamathew For This Useful Post:

Phony  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On the topic of underwire bras.. Anyone got some tips on what to wear (brand, names etc)? I'm a 10/12D and freaking out about loosing the underwire (lol) Need something supportive! Anyone know if u can still wear underwire on the treadmill (for an hr) for example?