+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Eat to live or live to eat? Which one are you?

So...

I was shopping yesterday and realised I am firmly in the eat to live camp. I hate food shopping. I hate cooking and food preparation. I don't really like going to fancy restaurants and would never pay a lot of money for food because I just don't really appreciate it that much. If someone invented a pill that satisfied hunger and all your nutritional needs I would happily take it. Oh and I'm not interested in cooking shows, magazines etc they bore me to tears.

But I know others are different! My sister loves food, is an amazing cook and goes to such trouble with market shopping, delicious fresh ingredients etc. I don't mean she is a glutton or anything, she is a lot healthier than me because she goes to so much effort.

So which camp do you fall in?

edited to add - sorry if this is in the wrong area, I probably should have put it in general chat...
    Last edited by MillieMollyMandy; 02-12-2013 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the same as you!! I hate cooking! I do love certain foods of course but I don't dream about food or love dining out etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mmmmm i think a little of both, i think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Live to eat here! I love food. I love cooking it, eating it, going out for meals. But I also live by the eat to live motto too where I try and eat good, whole, healthy foods and only treat myself every so often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eat to live. It's such a chore so much do that lately I have just been getting take away and now ny waist is feeling it. Got to get motivated about food

Thanks
    Reviews
    Live to eat. Not so good for weight loss but luckily I enjoy cooking and eating healthy food most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    Eat to live. It's such a chore so much do that lately I have just been getting take away and now ny waist is feeling it. Got to get motivated about food
    Yes, I would happily get take away every night if my waist allowed...
    Why can't I be a celebrity and have a personal chef!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Live to eat!!

I Love cooking.
    I Love eating
    I Love baking
    I Love trying to cook different things.
    I Love feeding people.

To me it has an emotional connection. By feeding people I feel I am nurturing in some way.

Yes, not always good for weight loss, but we eat very little packaged food, and have a pretty well rounded diet.
    Except for chocolate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Live to eat. I love food! Eating out is one of my favourite things to do. I do get sick of cooking when it's the day to day family meals, but I enjoy making something new when I have time.

However, at the moment I have little interest in food due to morning sickness that lasts 24/7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Little bit of both.

I love food. Especially fresh food. It smells SO amazing and delicious. But I only really eat because I need to. I can spend hours in the kitchen pouring over a three course banquet of deliciousness and maybe eat a little bit. I'm happy to make my housemates anything their little hearts desire for dinner and be content with a mug of tomato soup for myself. I make myself food because I require nutrients and so I make sure it tastes good as is as healthy as I can make it.

Disclaimer: This is how I USUALLY am. Lately I've been craving bacon so much I've been adding it to everything. So.. I'm just speaking as what's usual for me.