+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No I wouldn't.... It would technically be safe to have the HAV, HBV and tetanus/diphtheria and pertussis vaccines as they are not live, however with pregnant women it's better not to have anything if you don't need it.
    MMR and VZV are live so a big no no when pregnant. It's only a hypothetical risk but still not one to risk.
    Te policy that you have to adhere to in NSW( is that where you are?) has an opt out clause for people who have a medical contraindication to vaccination.
    Pregnancy would be one. If your results come back that you need vaccinating get you GP to write a letter saying you have a medical condition that prevents you from being vaccinated at this point and you will vaccinate when medically safe. TAFE/UNI's can't turn that down.
    PM me if you have any questions. This is my field!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks bubblesK

I ended up cancelling the appointment for today, I will reschedule once/if AF arrives. And I can generally get into our GP the next day so I'll try to get the vaccinations while AF is active!

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey DewDanni I was just cruising the first trimester threads and came across this one - just an FYI for the MMR vaccine - you'll be advised NOT to ttc for a certain amount of time after getting the shot (my ob said 3 months, my gp said six weeks), as if you get a bfp in that timeframe it can cause serious probs for bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @littleduck is right. National standards say to avoid getting pregnant for 4weeks after MMR vaccine.
    Again it's only a hypothetical risk but something to think about as MMR you need one shot now and a second one in a month to complete the course... Then you have to wait a month so that's 3 months you can't TTC.
    However, if you need one of the MMR's it's quite good to make sure you have it before you get pregnant as a rubella infection caught while pregnant can cause congenital a abnormalities and I Can't remember if its measles or mumps caught while pregnant can cause miscarriage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again ladies, i had my appointment this morning (after AF arrived on Tuesday) and all was up to date except for whooping cough and Hep B! So I got both vaxs.. With the hep B follow ups I'll just keep an eye in AF and book my appointments for the same week .

Thanks again for all your help x