+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rage rant: Doctors.

I have been wanting an appointment for a week at my regular doctor, dont care who i see just need an appointment. Ever damn time i call as soon as they are open to see if there are any apppintments available they are fully booked ALL WEEK. How the heck does that happen? I even tried to make one in advance and nope, none available. Unfortunately this is normal for this place. It makes me more angry when people walk up to reception after theyve had an appointment and they get another one within the next 2 days? Even if their phones are going off every 3 minutes. I swear they just give appointments to the regulars more then anyone else. It is so frustrating And here i am with a possible UTI trying to get in and i friggin cant Ahhh!
    Is it possible to have my regular doctor transfer my medical history to another place because i am seriously considering changing.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    is there another dr you can get into? they won't need your medical history to treat you for a uti, so any clinic will do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dr is very similar - can't you just go to a different doc to check for a UTI without your history? That's what I did, as soon as I needed to see my Dr for this pregnancy she took 6 weeks off, so instead of going to the other guy doing her work, I just walked into a regular GP and said I think I have a UTI, peed, he sent it away and I called a couple of days later, no UTI, all good.

If you go somewhere else and turns out you have one, just ask for copies of their reports to give to your doc when you eventually get back in.

good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fluffy kitty, yes your old GP can transfer your medical details over to the new one once you get it

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends on the centre. They can transfer files but there is usually a fee attached. Hope you get in soon

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaxo View Post
    My dr is very similar - can't you just go to a different doc to check for a UTI without your history? That's what I did, as soon as I needed to see my Dr for this pregnancy she took 6 weeks off, so instead of going to the other guy doing her work, I just walked into a regular GP and said I think I have a UTI, peed, he sent it away and I called a couple of days later, no UTI, all good.

If you go somewhere else and turns out you have one, just ask for copies of their reports to give to your doc when you eventually get back in.

good luck
    Yes i can do that but this isnt the first time this has happened. Ive needed to see my regular doctor urgently wheather it be for me or my ds and couldnt get in at all. Theres another place my dp goes to and they are really nice and always have appointments available and more doctors at the clinic.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you should switch....what's the point of a doctor you can't see when sick?

I switched centres in early pregnancy due to my gp only working 2 half days weekly and always running 1-2 hours late, I'd had enough. My new gp said they can transfer your history over if needed. As I never really had any major health problems though I just filled her in myself lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    Sounds like you should switch....what's the point of a doctor you can't see when sick?
    Agree! Ain't nobody got time fo' dat

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Cue  (03-12-2013),sunnyflower  (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it gets bad, go to emergency. I ended up there when the symptoms only appeared after 5 pm and I didn't want to wait till the next day to start antibiotics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abibelsmum View Post
    If it gets bad, go to emergency. I ended up there when the symptoms only appeared after 5 pm and I didn't want to wait till the next day to start antibiotics.
    This!!!! My poor 84 year old grandmother was told to go home and rest after visiting a doctor. 2 days later she's in intensive care on IV antibiotics to treat a severe UTI because of that idiot.

Hope you feel better soon OP