+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Closed to clean some very off topic posts ........and am now reopening.

Just a quick Mod note from me - if anyone has concerns about a member, anything at all, then please bring it to the attention of a Mod, we are always appreciative when members take the time I promise

Cheers
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 01-12-2013 at 15:23.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (01-12-2013),Atropos  (01-12-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol Biscotti, my post was nothing but on topic but it's gone now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    Lol Biscotti, my post was nothing but on topic but it's gone now
    Ummm, I can still see your post? It wasn't deleted or are we talking about a different post?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We really have no idea- mum could have been threatening to commit suicide or harm her baby, she could have other kids in care and be known to be high risk... We just really don't know. I think it's extremely shocking, but I guess I just really hope they had a REALLY good reason to do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    We really have no idea- mum could have been threatening to commit suicide or harm her baby, she could have other kids in care and be known to be high risk... We just really don't know. I think it's extremely shocking, but I guess I just really hope they had a REALLY good reason to do that.
    She could have, but surely sedating her and giving a c sect is extreme even in that scenario? Surely keeping her under observation would have been preferable? I don't know, I just can't think of anything other than really unlikely scenarios that would justify it iykwim. Hopefully more details or info comes to light so we can gain a better understanding- and if it's shown this was done outside the law then there needs to be a serious examination of a system that allows this kind of thing to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hmmmm. There are insufficient details in this story for me to make a judgement call. I can picture cases where it would be necessary to sedate a mother and take the baby by ceasarian, I am hoping this is one of those cases. What I can't understand is British authorities not working to repatriate the baby back to Italy to stay with the woman's family (unless there is no suitable family there).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Ummm, I can still see your post? It wasn't deleted or are we talking about a different post?
    Hmm that's strange, all I can see are the ones from Louise and some of the other off topic ones. I can't see my original one at all, and I'm sure I remember reading more on topic ones earlier. I'm on my phone though, so I'll try reloading the app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    This is really perplexing, I really hope someone releases more information on why something so extreme was done, and why the baby is still in custody I'm kind of hoping it is a hoax or mistake (someone relaying info from the onion news network or something similar).
    Amiedoll, this is your post, it's still there

Cheers,
    Biscotti

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have complications (like eclampsia or something) and the baby needs to come out but you refuse to consent to a c section, can doctors override? There's obviously much more to the story than the article says, but I was thinking maybe if something was medically wrong with her (excluding her mental health) and the baby was in danger, is that maybe why it happened? Whatever did happen, the poor woman

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Amiedoll, this is your post, it's still there

Cheers,
    Biscotti
    I'm seeing it now, I restarted my app and my phone, sorry to derail the thread again

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (01-12-2013)