+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow I would like to learn more details as well as given the basic information it does sound horrendous!

There must be a lot more to this story, surely?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    Would the medications the mother was being given, have harmed the baby in utero?

Would natural birth have been dangerous for the mother?

I'm trying to get my head around why this would have been necessary??
    I know? Surely there was alternatives? I realise there would be much more to it but I really cannot think of any scenario that would necessitate such extreme action. Why has the child not been returned to the mother? Or her family? Or even her country??

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-12-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Even if the reasoning for doing so was because of the stability or danger of the mum (though the reasoning mentioned in the article do not sit well with me) would not putting the mother through what they have done been worse on her then had they gone about it in a different way.

As if anyone would come out of being sedated and operated on, one minute being pregnant then waking up not being pregnant. Any better then they went it.

Its scary and sad to think people can do that to another person. Imo it couldve been dealt with in a manner that was less horrifying for that woman. I can only imagine what someone who has had that or similar done to them must go through and feel, im sure its absolutely gut wrenching.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-12-2013),beebs  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I know? Surely there was alternatives? I realise there would be much more to it but I really cannot think of any scenario that would necessitate such extreme action. Why has the child not been returned to the mother? Or her family? Or even her country??
    Yeah that's what I'm finding difficult. I can sort of understand why they might have needed to deliver the baby if mum was on a heavy cocktail of psychiatric medications.

But if she is stable now and cannot be reunited with her daughter? That is really sad .

But I guess we have no idea of the mothers current condition, or anything about the extended family and how suitable they are to care for the child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm finding difficult. I can sort of understand why they might have needed to deliver the baby if mum was on a heavy cocktail of psychiatric medications.

But if she is stable now and cannot be reunited with her daughter? That is really sad .

But I guess we have no idea of the mothers current condition, or anything about the extended family and how suitable they are to care for the child.
    I think it said she was off her meds so started to have a breakdown of sorts? Her lawyer is pretty high profile from memory, I might do some more googling. Horrible situation by anyone's standards though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I agree. I think much info is missing from this story and do not believe it would have happened without very good reason. Don't believe all you read when the facts are obviously not included in the story, we have just heard the brief version. And this is also the first I've heard of this story!
    I agree that there must be large gaps in the information provided by the media. To me though, this means there is more reason for discussion, not less.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-12-2013),Stiflers Mom  (02-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
    Hmm I'm slightly dubious given as I couldn't find anything on it on the BBC news site- I would have thought a story like this would have made it on there if it was credible...

But anyway, if it's true then it's absolutely horrific.
    This ^

I think one of three things here is the truth, either

a. This actually happened and there is a law that has allowed this to happen and the council won't be held liable,

b. This actually happened but the council has done this outside of any current laws and will be held liable for doing this or;

c. There is far more to this story and this didn't happen as reported.

I would hope for everyone's sake scenario c is the truth.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is really perplexing, I really hope someone releases more information on why something so extreme was done, and why the baby is still in custody I'm kind of hoping it is a hoax or mistake (someone relaying info from the onion news network or something similar).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    in regards to OP..

It just seems so ridiculous to be true, iygwim? If it happened as the article says then that is truly, honestly atrocious and surely a massive breach of human rights???!

Otherwise...
    I agree- but it's well documented that this kind of things happen elsewhere you know? Terrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I, too, am having trouble believing this story is true because it's so appalling.

The part that has me most confused is why they didn't contact the correct/any Italian authorities a. while she was in care, before any decisions were made and b. once the baby was born.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-12-2013),giggle berry  (02-12-2013)