+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Cat fur and washing

My cat loses so much fur. Its absolutely everywhere. I can brush her for ages and she still loses it like i have not even touched her.

I washed my sheets. The cat fur was just on the outter of my sheets from where she sleeps. Now the cat fur is scattered all over the sheets and i dont wanna sleep in them tonight even though they are clean.

How do you get rid of never ending cat fur?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I used to have one of those sticky tape lint brushes, you roll over the lint/fur and then peel the tape off to the next layer. I used it on everything, dining chairs the cat slept on/sheets/black clothes. It worked a treat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will have to get one coz she sits and sleeps everywhere she shouldnt. Even just sitting in hallway she leaves hair.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I feel your frustration. I have 2 cats that are both shedding their winter coats and a 7month old that is crawling so I am forever picking up clumps of fur and vacuuming.
    With bedding, I use the lint brush, especially before washing the sheets. If you wash with the cat hair on it it clumps but its actually harder to get off.
    Other than that I vacuum every day and its sooooo getting on my nerves. Last year we shaved one of them cos her fur was matter thanks to a prickle bush she liked to play in. It was awesome....there was no fur on anything. I would absolutely shave them both this year but I cant afford it because they both need to be sedated before the vet can go near them with clippers. If you cat doesnt mind clippers though, it might be an idea to get them clipped. Its not that expensive as long as they dont need to be sedated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think she would be need to be sedated. How long did it take for the fur to grow back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could get one of those sticky rubber brushes to help remove it. Daily brushing with that should give you control of at least some of it. I saw one at a pet shop for around $16.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look up furminator and see if there is a you tube demo. Amazing. I have been wanting to get one for a while but keep putting it on the back burner with Xmas combing up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got a furminator and it does take out a lot of fur. I still find that my two leave hair everywhere (maybe just less) my girl cat loves it and could be furminated all day but it's a real struggle to get my boy cat done.
    I used the sticky roller things mainly, you can buy them super cheap in ikea, although the scotchguard one I think is the best but super expensive.
    If you wash something and it's still covered in cat hair, chuck it in the dryer for a while. It tends to remove a lot of trapped hair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get my cat clipped every summer before he starts shedding. It's expensive but lasts all summer and he's so much happier as he's not too hot. Hardly any fur in my house now, so much easier! I'd recommend it to anyone with a long haired cat. Especially if you have little ones crawling around.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I think she would be need to be sedated. How long did it take for the fur to grow back?

Took a few months. It was definitely worth it. I only did it cos she was absolutely matted but I think its a brilliant idea for summer too. This cost me about $160. They call it a 'lion cut'. The tail, head and "boots" are unshaved. Just looking at this pic makes me wish I had the money to get it done again...cant stand all the fur.
    313787_10150371352905941_706615601_n.jpg