+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Give me good excuse please

We had our work Christmas party tonight, it was a surprise where we were going. We ended up over a hour away on some farm thing. I've been at the company for 3 weeks now and I can't stand my bosses and they seem like they don't like me.

So we weren't getting picked up by the bus until 1am I wouldn't of gotten home till 2.30 after I had been dropped off at our work and DH picking me up.

I left early DH came and got me at 9.30 this is unheard of someone doing this at one of our supposedly amazing Christmas parties.

I have to work tomorrow so I need a good excuse for leaving I told 2 of the girls I work with that I had to go because it was to late to bring ds out at 2am to pick me up.

I need a better excuse to my bosses for leaving when I get to work tomorrow morning at 9am as using DS as an excuse won't cut it with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You didn't feel well? You had been under the weather all day but dragged yourself to the party as you didn't want to miss the amazing gigs they put on but you still didn't feel crash hot so you left early

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Isn't a Christmas party a privilege? Not an obligation? Seems weird that you NEED to give a good excuse, like you missed a day of work. Was the party compulsory?

I would just say you felt sick and were up on the toilet all night (that's always a winner - they don't ask any follow up questions after that visual - haha!)

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have to work tomorrow so you wanted to get some sleep before work? (Hoping I've read the right as in party is tonight, Saturday and work is tomorrow, Sunday?) I think DS is a reasonable excuse IMO but hey if it's not going to work fair enough

Can you 'blame' DH and say he cracked it? Tell them you get motion sickness from buses so didn't want to travel back on the bus?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CatesBean For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldnt even bother giving them an excuse. Non of their business why you left early.

Did you have a good time at all?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (01-12-2013),LoveLivesHere  (01-12-2013),SassyMummy  (02-12-2013),SHAELEEJANE  (30-11-2013)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Your like Cinderella, you needed to be home by midnight before you became a pumpkin?

You could just say it wasn't your thing. I know I constantly ditched work Christmas parties cause they were not in my kind of place. It's a valid reason. Had they of given you the location details prior you would have declined.

Also you had to work the next day. They are your bosses and should respect that. Especially if they are there hung over abd doing. Badly at work.

3 valid (ok 2 valid and 1 fairytale) respectable reasons. If they aren't understanding then maybe they arect great bosses...

Sent from my HTC One using The Bub Hub mobile app

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just that you need your sleep otherwise you just couldn't function at work the next day. Only offer up the excuse if they ask, otherwise don't offer. It's not like you were on the clock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't give them an excuse- its none of their business.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh suggests as it is a work function they are inferring is mandatory you would require 8 hours between when you left the bus drop off and shift start.. so 1am pick up, 2am drop off, 10am shift start. They would have to pay you double time fir the shift.

However They are likely to make this impact on your probation. I don't think you would serve it out.

We are only talking from experience.

Sent from my HTC One using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by BarefootedMumma; 30-11-2013 at 23:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow I can't believe that taking a 2 year old at 2am to pick you up (the truth!) is not a good enough reason, I won't even commit to going out at 7pm with my daughter because that's when she's getting ready to go to bed. I would never get her out of bed to pick my husband up, or vice versa.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (01-12-2013),giggle berry  (02-12-2013),Little Miss Sunshine  (01-12-2013)