+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honestly I don't think you will want the baby things all over the house. That will become very annoying and inconvenient very quickly! If you said you were already living in it or renting for a short while then yes fine but to go and buy knowing it's too small? No. In saying that I'm assuming then the whole house is very small. Is there a possibility of extending the room in a year or so then I would consider it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's was all we could afford, or it was the perfect location or near family etc etc I would just make it work.

how big is the laundry sink? They make good baths for tots too

DD has a huge room, and had all the things your talking about, I still bathed her in the baby bath on the dining table because leaning over our huge deep bath hurt my back and knees. I still fed on the lounge because she feed FOREVER and I could watch tv, I still changed her nappy on a rug on the floor most of the time.

can you fit a cot and chest of draws in there?

When bubs older will a toy box fit as well? If yes i think it's big enough.

And in all honesty, DD is 3.5, still co sleeps and rarely even plays in her room. Good luck in your decision x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haven't read the replies, so these have probably been mentioned.

Chest of drawers with change mat on top will save space.

Although they definitely do come in handy, a nursery chair really is optional and I would only put one in if you can truly fit it.

Is a single bed going to fit in the future?

Is there a laundry tub that you can use for a bath?

We have three plastic tubs under the cot for storage or you can get a cot with drawers underneath, same with a single bed in the future so that's an option for more space.

Could you hang bookshelves to optimise storage?

You can do it, you just really need to think about storage as babies seem to have a lot of things and whether you are going to comfortably fit the basics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think thats too small at all (this bub will have approx 3 metres of space all up for a cot & set of draws). But we also don't like any clutter & I dont think a nursing chair etc is necessary. Life without a bathtub is also doable, i bathed Ds in the laundry sink or a plastic tub or bucket for almost a year. We loved taking showers together too . All comes down to what you yourself feel comfortable with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our room would be about the same although we do have built ins.

We didnt use a bath for dds new born stages. She hated it!! I just showered her (she had reflux). I jave a portable bath and its such a pain in the bum I need to sell it.

Our house is small our lounge and dining our so close we can't even space the two apart!! But we own it that is all that matters

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing that would make me hesitate about that set up is no bath (is there room to add one later?). Now my DD is a bit older she loves a good long bath I enjoy one from time to time too
    A small nursery will get in the essentials (I'd probably ditch the feeding chair and just use the lounge). A cot and a set of drawers with a change mat on top don't take up much room, and that amount of space will fit a single bed, drawers and toy box for when Bub is older.
    I agree with pp though, if the whole house is tiny I'd forget it, if it's just that room though I'd be open to creative storage to make it work
    Keep looking though, maybe something else will come along that fits you and your family a bit better

Thanks
    Reviews
    We never used our change table so I wouldn't think it's a necessity. With the bath issue, get a Flexibath. We have one for DD and it's great. You can get a bath seat for it and the bath folds flat. It's for 0-4yrs. It's different from the normal plastic baths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    We never used our change table so I wouldn't think it's a necessity. With the bath issue, get a Flexibath. We have one for DD and it's great. You can get a bath seat for it and the bath folds flat. It's for 0-4yrs. It's different from the normal plastic baths.
    I got the stokke one like this, has an infant seat and folds up as we have a house with no storage space and this neatly now fits between the vanity and shower when not in use.