+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help Please! Small Age Gap

Hi There - I have just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. Completely un planned. I have an 8 mth old and 3 year old. Im absolutely overwhelmed, shocked and devastated. I only feel like Im just getting myself back after my last pregnancy, Im so not ready to be pregnant again. We only wanted 2 kids, and things are so good right now. Im so terrified of morning sickness and tiredness I experience in pregnancy, getting fat again and how do you get 3 little kids in and out of the car and out and about. My little one will be 16 mths when the baby is born. I just don't think I can do this. I would love to hear of others who have been here....
    Last edited by Manny; 30-11-2013 at 18:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    we are in similar positions.

My DS just turned 5 months old and my DD is 4. Completely unplanned and unfortunately not too happy about it. I've been crying ever since I found out!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Manny  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I found out I was pregnant with DD4 I was so shocked and devastated. Life was pretty hectic as it was as our eldest had not long been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, 2 others had Constant ENT problems and my daughters were only 4,2&1 when we found out and I just wasn't ready. I didn't tell anyone until I couldn't hide the pregnancy anymore. Closer to the end of the pregnancy I started to get excited and now she's here I just couldn't imagine life without her. You just learn to adjust and adapt. I'm even contemplating baby # 5

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Manny  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies. Im just not sure I can go through with it. Im absolutely terrified and devastated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello!

I completely understand your shock. Im preg with number two and found out when dd was only about 12 weeks old. Sometimes I still ask if im making the right decision. Its expensive, scary & overwhelming.

Im sure whatever decision you will make will be right for you and your family. Im only 25 weeks now but im still nervous ans dont even have time to think about this baby. Im worried sick about how I will cope.

Good luck and remember hub is always here

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 3 under 4..
    Ttc bub number 4...

Dd was nearly 4 months I fell pregnant whilst on pill but sadly miscarried at around 8weeks..

I then fell pregnant again shortly after had ds1..
    There is 14 months age gap between my eldest 2..

Between ds 1 and ds 2 there is 2 years 3 months approx age gap..

You learn to adjust its hard to raise kids regardless age gap..
    You do everything for them as babys and even in their teens so I hear

Joys of mother hood is theres never a break but kids are a joy regardless such blessings

Whatever your choices are I wish you all the best

Any questions im sure we can help x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Hi There - I have just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. Completely un planned. I have an 8 mth old and 3 year old. Im absolutely overwhelmed, shocked and devastated. I only feel like Im just getting myself back after my last pregnancy, Im so not ready to be pregnant again. We only wanted 2 kids, and things are so good right now. Im so terrified of morning sickness and tiredness I experience in pregnancy, getting fat again and how do you get 3 little kids in and out of the car and out and about. My little one will be 16 mths when the baby is born. I just don't think I can do this. I would love to hear of others who have been here....
    When I fell preg with all my kids im scared and terrified of morning sickness which is usually so bad and im always sick with something in my pregnancies..I think its only natural to worry and stress due to change for many women. .

I hve started taking all 3 out shopping with me..not grocerry shopping just clothes etc..

Im contemplating buying groceries online..

As for out and about..my elder 2 used to run off when we are out..
    I have told them if they let go of the pram or stray away then we go home simple. ..

They have strayed away before...or run off and given me scares and shock. .

My kids speak well and understand so I explained to them many kids go missing or people steal kids that's why they have to stay with me otherwise they me be taken..
    Not sure if its appropriate but its reality in many cases and it has worked they stay put now..

I have 8 month old in pram..miss 4 and mr 3 hold on to the pram(one on each side.. (sometimes mr 3 is in a backpack lead thing).a parenting method many people dont do because it looks silly and their child isn't a puppy.i would rather do this and know hes safe and not run off onto the road.. also have an ergo..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 3 similar ages, although my ds1 and 2 were closer. I found having a double pram and carrier at all times helped when trying to go out. Online shopping was my saviour. My in laws had the older two on a Friday so I could have some time with bub.
    I found that dh became the older twos go to as he always dealt with them in the night etc and ds3 became very attached to mummy
    we'ee having number 4 in may so it can't have been too bad we'll have 4 5 and under.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a two week old and an almost 13mth old.

No advice on dealing with them as I'm learning but as for pregnancy it was tiring but quick simply because I was so busy. It was long but also over in the blink of an eye.

I keep telling myself it is good to have child making to over with quick and kids close in age can play together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Manny, only you and your partner can decide what the right path is for you and your family. I recently underwent a termination due to a very unplanned second pregnancy (my first is only 14 months). Being pregnant when I didn't want to be was the most anxiety provoking and devastating experience I have gone through. After many, many emotional discussions, my hubby and I made the choice that was right for our family circumstances. It was hard to say the least. Blessing in disguise was when I went to the clinic for the procedure it turned out I had a blighted ovum -- that made the process and afterwards a lot easier emotionally I must admit. Please PM me if you want to chat further. Big hugs xx