+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What is the purpose of fear?

Not sure if this question makes sense but here goes.

I want to know what is the purpose of fear? I understand that true fear offers a fight or flight response. That makes sense to me but true fear emergency situations aren't usually an everyday occurrence.

What about all the other fears ie of heights, spiders, and the million other fears we have in relation to our loved ones especially our kids?

I'm asking as I've hardly slept all night stressing about my 17 yr old at a music festival for the weekend. Reality is my fear of something happening to her won't prevent something happening, or her going. So what's the point?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fear is a survival instinct. We fear things/actions/objects that could hurt/injure/kill us.

Some of it is learned, some of it is inherent and some we can overcome.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Posting Permissions