+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like u had a horrible exp. I agree with a previous poster in RE to DC info and scans etc. there is nothing pleasant about having a termination and u are ur own worst enemy but think of your other kids. Ur doin the best u can do right now and that is ok. U will always feel something from this exp, for me it took a lot of time to heal but I am ok with my decision. Thinking of u.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never known such heart break or regret. I just want my baby back :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireCircus View Post
    Preterm in Surry Hills. No counselling offered.
    Oh sweetheart. I wish I could have spoken to you first Preterm are the worst! They are so callous and do not care about you. They just want your money. Huge hugs** oh hon Unfortunately that's why you have to be so very sure before going into those places. You can't trust the people in those clinics to care about you they are vile- especially at that clinic. I know, I've been there I know it feels so unbearable right now but please hold on. You will be ok. If you're at all spiritual some people believe that babies who aren't born are recycled back into your family at a later date. That they aren't lost, they just come later. I know this feeling you're having now so very well You have my deepest sympathy PM me any time you need to talk x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to read what you went thru. I have worked at a family planning clinic and during my time there, women had to be counselled prior to the procedure and if it was decided the patient was too anxious for what ever reason, they were offered another appointment so they had more time to think to make sure this is what they 100% wanted or they received more counselling. I do not understand why you were given information that would be detrimental to your well being afterwards. Im sorry your hurting but i have to agree with what a pp said and that is remember the reasons you went thru with it and do not beat yourself up about it. Huge hugs xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Pink For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please please be kind to yourself.

I visited that same clinic many years ago when I was 17 ( with my bf who is now my hubby).
    I still feel regret over it and through my discussions with my GP, I have come to understand that the decision I made back then, was the best decision at the time. I can't go back, neither can you. You must try to accept that what you did, was done out of necessity and the best thing for the family you have already.
    I know it's so hard, please seek some support.
    Many hugs, take care x

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mumzy1976 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-11-2013),Mrs Pink  (29-11-2013),~Marigold~  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou all for your support and kindness. I've been alone with my thoughts and constantly feel ill for what I've done..
    I know in my head that the future would have been difficult and that's not fair for a baby or child... But my heart is beyond broken and keeps telling me I could have found a way.
    My ex husband is a total ****.. Said he guessed what was going on and he didn't care but my reason was bull**** and the government would have given me more than enough money. So I'm just smashing my head into a wall..
    Can any of you recommend any good counsellors in Sydney?
    I don't know how I'm going to cope with my 2 week check up.. I feel I should see someone before then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi VC.

These are still early days for you and it is always hard in the first month or so after losing a baby, no matter how far along you are. It is normal and natural to feel grief.

Other posters have offered some good advice for the future but right now I would like to offer my sincere sympathy to you on the loss of your baby. My baby miscarried at a similar age earlier this year and I treasure my ultrasound photo, too.

When you are ready or able, there is specific post-abortion counselling available. Rachels Vineyard offers retreats to help women who have aborted come to terms with their loss and I have heard very positive things about these. SANDS also has a good website and a network of support personnel for anyone who has lost a child.

You may also like to research Post Abortion Syndrome.

If you would like to talk, feel free to PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsd For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, how are you feeling?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your kindness and support through my darkest time.
    You have no idea how much I appreciate all of your words.
    For those of you who have suffered from the same.. My heart is with you..
    To those who may stumble upon this who may be contemplating abortion for non medical reasons- I BEG you to reconsider. I beg you to seek help and counselling.. Because once your baby is gone- there is nothing you can do. And you will regret it every day.

Moxy.. I'm not coping, still.. I'm randomly and often crying.. I gave in and saw my GP.. Was diagnosed with severe anxiety and major depression over my actions. He told me I shouldn't blame myself, because my heart was in the right place and I didn't do it for selfish or callous reasons. Doesn't make it easier. I'm supposed to start counselling.
    Been having nightmares about it... Mostly the horror and suffering I imagine my baby felt
    I compulsively bought a crucifix.. I pray for my little baby's soul every day and pray that the baby knows how sorry I am and how loved it was and would have continued to be...
    I still wish to god I could go back in time.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VampireCircus For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (07-12-2013),KaraB  (07-12-2013),mrsd  (21-12-2013),Tahlsandbubs  (17-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh VC, I am so sorry you're feeling like this. I hope counseling helps you through this time and you are able to see that you don't deserve to feel this way.