Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes spam...

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, I'd so he's joking....either that or a lunatic lol

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    The eylf is focused on identity, being connected to the world, wellbeing, being engaged in learning and communication. That's what I mean by "curriculum".

Your centres philosophy is based off the eylf.

http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.o...framework.html
    The EYLF curriculum is also meant to be flexible also. There is no set rule that says educators should not use television as a learning tool. Watching a little educational tv every now and then is a great way for children to stay connected to the world around them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    I'm pretty sure this poster is taking the ****.
    Nope, quite serious. How is it being rude to turn off a loud, intrusive entertainment system that is being forced on everyone else in the vicinity? Not everyone wants the inane drivel that passes for most television programming blasted at them everywhere they go. And that's not mentioning the ads. I would in all seriousness prefer you lit up a cigarette than turned on a TV. I can deal with a bad smell and a bit of smoke much more easily than a chat show.

Furthermore, it's not like anyone asks. You know, "mind if I watch TV?" No, the assumption is that you don't have to ask, and that anyone who objects is weird and wrong. Turning off a TV without asking is no ruder than using one without asking.

For what it's worth I've owned such a gadget years before DS was born. It's not a 'protect my precious snowflake' thing.

Re. spam, the link was just to give people an idea of the device. It's not an affiliate link, I don't make any money from them, I don't own shares in the company, etc etc. I just wish more people had them and used them

If that makes me a lunatic so be it. I'll happily wear that label if it means I don't have to listen to an infomercial for ab trainers while waiting with my wife for our dating scan.
    Last edited by duncan_bayne; 04-12-2013 at 22:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan_bayne View Post
    Nope, quite serious. How is it being rude to turn off a loud, intrusive entertainment system that is being forced on everyone else in the vicinity? Not everyone wants the inane drivel that passes for most television programming blasted at them everywhere they go. And that's not mentioning the ads. I would in all seriousness prefer you lit up a cigarette than turned on a TV. I can deal with a bad smell and a bit of smoke much more easily than a chat show.

Furthermore, it's not like anyone asks. You know, "mind if I watch TV?" No, the assumption is that you don't have to ask, and that anyone who objects is weird and wrong. Turning off a TV without asking is no ruder than using one without asking.

For what it's worth I've owned such a gadget years before DS was born. It's not a 'protect my precious snowflake' thing.

Re. spam, the link was just to give people an idea of the device. It's not an affiliate link, I don't make any money from them, I don't own shares in the company, etc etc. I just wish more people had them and used them

If that makes me a lunatic so be it. I'll happily wear that label if it means I don't have to listen to an infomercial for ab trainers while waiting with my wife for our dating scan.

Ok, so you would honestly rather your family be surrounded by cancer causing chemicals than TV? Really? I find that concept incredibly selfish. 'I don't mind if their health is compromised so long as I don't have to watch Telly.' And any I have come across are always very silent.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (05-12-2013),Purple Lily  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan_bayne View Post

That's kind of weird. The whole cigarette thing preferred over TV. TV has no impact on your health while sitting in a waiting room. Can't you just read a magazine or something? Or bring a book. Look on your phone. I get ****ed when there is no TV in a waiting room.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Closed at OP request

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (05-12-2013)