+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    827
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked
    433
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Buy a Houdini stop if they are pulling their arms out- best $20 I ever spent. Baby bunting sell them.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (30-11-2013)

  3. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds is 13 months and still rf in a sns meridian but is almost at the height marker so sadly he will be turned soon.

    Question though - why does it have a max height for rf but is ok for ff? Sorry if thats a silly question, just curious.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,287
    Thanks
    967
    Thanked
    936
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    Buy a Houdini stop if they are pulling their arms out- best $20 I ever spent. Baby bunting sell them.
    Thanks I'll go get one tomorrow. I spent $50 on the 5 Point Plus Anti-Escape System and he can still get out

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,103
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 19 months at still rear-facing. DS was rear-facing till he was 21 months when he started to muck up ( and I was pregnant and over the argument).

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    397
    Thanked
    361
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    Ds is 13 months and still rf in a sns meridian but is almost at the height marker so sadly he will be turned soon.

    Question though - why does it have a max height for rf but is ok for ff? Sorry if thats a silly question, just curious.
    Because it is a 'recommendation' not a law. Legally you can turn your child ff at 6 months.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    898
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked
    218
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BentzMumma View Post
    Because it is a 'recommendation' not a law. Legally you can turn your child ff at 6 months.
    Sorry I don't think I explained myself properly. Why is it a maximum height for rf, rather than classified as a minimum height for ff? Ie. Pp have said once they reach the height marker they must be turned to ff. But why does their height make it no longer safe to rf but the seat is still ok for their height just in ff.

    Not saying I disagree, just curious as to the reason they stop being safe in rf at a point.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    755
    Thanked
    724
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    All seats manufactured in 2012 will have height markers. Rear facing is 5 times safer than forward facing and you should try to rear face as long as possible. DS is 13 months and has about 4cm still to go in his Infasecure Neon, amazing seat. Toys R Us have it on sale atm for $129 (called the Ascent there), $168 usually at Big W.
    Last edited by callmedragon22; 29-11-2013 at 22:01.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    755
    Thanked
    724
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    Sorry I don't think I explained myself properly. Why is it a maximum height for rf, rather than classified as a minimum height for ff? Ie. Pp have said once they reach the height marker they must be turned to ff. But why does their height make it no longer safe to rf but the seat is still ok for their height just in ff.

    Not saying I disagree, just curious as to the reason they stop being safe in rf at a point.
    The standards dictate the height markers (currently on paper the highest rear facing marker is 35cm). Car seat manufacturers cannot make them higher than what the standard says, however they can be lower (although all 0-4 seats that will be manufactured after the new standards are mandated will all have the same markers). They are not tested above the marker.
    Last edited by callmedragon22; 29-11-2013 at 22:06.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

    Donnab739  (29-11-2013)

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    640
    Thanks
    397
    Thanked
    361
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    Sorry I don't think I explained myself properly. Why is it a maximum height for rf, rather than classified as a minimum height for ff? Ie. Pp have said once they reach the height marker they must be turned to ff. But why does their height make it no longer safe to rf but the seat is still ok for their height just in ff.

    Not saying I disagree, just curious as to the reason they stop being safe in rf at a point.
    It's because the seat has only been tested rear facing to those markers. There is no evidence that rf past the markers is unsafe it just hasn't been tested.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

    Donnab739  (29-11-2013)

  13. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    937
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked
    407
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Following.


    Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Rear facing v's forward facing, what age did you turn your baby / toddler?
    By Addicted to Love in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 17-08-2013, 22:55
  2. Rear facing babies Q..
    By Rockett in forum Safety Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 23:46
  3. Is she too big to be rear facing?
    By JR03 in forum Safety Issues
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 08:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Nice Pak Products
Australian Made and Owned. The Baby U Goat Milk Skincare range is enriched with soothing goats milk sourced from country, Victoria. Goat's milk has a pH level close to that of our own skin and contains natural sources of amino acids and vitamins.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Life Fertility
Life Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF specialists offer professional, holistic, personalised options for the treatment of each patient’s specific needs.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!