+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We went out to an event last night an had a lady start asking us If we had kids we said no she said if I were u I wouldn't have them be selfish and think of yourself she then went to ask if we wanted them I said one day I was to shocked and angry to say anything else the hormones didn't help dh got me out of there thank god

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people are just so opinionated omgshoes that they don't think about others people's lives and journeys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sucks doesn't it omg? I've had that a few times as well, people are so nosy!

I never ask that question now, it's so loaded. I have seen a qoute around that is along the line of 'everyone is fighting their own battle, so be kind.' It's so true!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dragonfly - waiting is the worst past of this crazy ride, hope it goes quickly for you!
    Jb - OMG! Twins! You're going to be busy! Congrats! 3-4 weeks before we find out if we're going to be joining you in that world of gorgeous chaos ... one of my friends on another forum who is pregnant with twins (also from Greece) reckons the double line was so strong so early (I sent her the pic) that it must be twins ... let's just wait and see hey! But I was at babybunting yesterday getting a present for the baby shower I'm going too today and the Bugaboo Donkey (twin pram) does look lovely
    Nightchild - I'm so sorry hon At least you are one cycle closer to your lasting BFP, I hope your next cycle is the lucky one for you
    Chiefsgirl - That SIL needs a good slapping - but at least the wedding is done now. Hopefully she has a nice long honeymoon and is out of your hair for a while!
    Omg shoes - has your headache gone? Some people say the stupidest things. They think because they have had kids, they are in a position to know how they would feel if they didn't. What they DON'T get is (1) they don't know how it feels to not be able to have children and (2) children are a precious gift and should be treasured and never ever EVER taken for granted. All it says about her is that SHE is selfish and self absorbed, wants someone else to validate her selfish views and takes the joy and value her children have brought to her life for granted. Dumb wench. Hope she grows a big fat wart right on the end of her nose.

To the newbies May this be your lucky cycle!

Spoke to my FS yesterday to clarify a change from Greek drugs to Aussie ones, I told him about the BFP and he let out this big long "wooooohoooooooo!!!!!" It was awesome Brought tears to my eyes - damn those hormones! I love that he still gets a kick out of a BFP after all these years.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

DRAGONFLY17  (01-12-2013),Jb2011  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure people don't mean half of what they say, I'm one of those who says something and then later think that came out all wrong and feel bad that it might have offended or upset someone ( usually it doesn't) which sux cause I love all my friends and fam and only want to ever help or show my support. If you think someone's comments are not coming from a nice place tell them to pull their head in and grow up. Think those nasty types really need to be told every now and then.

I agree so much with your last post Vix. Kids are so precious and bring so much joy. I really pray everyone here gets their bfp very soon ( especially those first time mummas).

Every bfp in our IVF bubble is such a huge deal and a real miracle and I'm so happy your fs still feels the same way. Bring on 2 gorgeous Greek bubbas

Thanks
    Reviews
    I no I don't ask childless people the question either
    The headaches are still around not as bad I've got the water and Panadol working at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I was hoping to ask you advice. I am a nanny and the little girl I look after on Mondays has had a temperature and threw up last night, her Mum said she's not sure what the cause of it is and seems her temp has gone now. Do you think it'd be ok for me to work or should I not risk it and take the day off? After a scary weekend I just don't want to push the boundaries on what my body can cope with. So was hoping to hear what you'd do in my position??

Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi JB, will the mother take bub to the doc to get checked out? If yes and she's clear I'd say go, but I'd be nervous myself if she hasn't been checked out. But I'm a worrier about viruses in my tww let alone after a bfp!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rozzie1976 thanks hun, I think I will wait till Friday. I'm feeling ok, bit anxious lol. Going to be a long week I think.

@Rarah11 it's sure is hun and it makes it hard as this is my 1st IVF cycle, but thankfully I have all you ladies to chat with

@Chiefsgirl glad you got to enjoy your brothers wedding hun, good luck for BT 2moro, How are you feeling?

@Jb2011 I agree with @Chiefsgirl check if the child was checked out by a doc, just to be safe hun

AFM: noticing bit more CM today, don't know if that's from crinone ?! Writing up a list to do this week to keep busy.

from babygirl7

Me - 27: Pelvic inflammatory disease DH - 42: Normal perfect sperm
    Together for 11 years - TTC for 8 years - Engaged June 2013

1st IVF cycle: oct/nov 2013

🌈 loads of baby dust to everyone

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb - I would give it at least another day and wouldn't go tomorrow, just because her little girl is fine (or has stopped vomiting) doesn't mean she isn't still contagious if it is a bug?? I wouldn't take the chance, esp after all you have been through to get to this point. GL hun.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (01-12-2013)