+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    Have you considered using a bumbo or something similar? I use that to feed my dd in as I live in a flat and no space. She still uses it at 10 months. Easy to clean (bought one second hand with tray), cheap and portable.

Edit: they are suitable for babies who cannot yet sit unsupported

Eta: I'll probably get flamed for saying this I also put dd on the kitchen bench in it and she "helps" me wash up or prepare dinner
    Yes I have bumbos and will start with those I think. The height for feeding worried me though (for my comfort, not theirs!) and putting two on the bench wouldn't be safe enough. 10 months is good for bumbos, I wasn't sure mine would get much use out of them.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    Have you considered using a bumbo or something similar? I use that to feed my dd in as I live in a flat and no space. She still uses it at 10 months. Easy to clean (bought one second hand with tray), cheap and portable.

Edit: they are suitable for babies who cannot yet sit unsupported

Eta: I'll probably get flamed for saying this I also put dd on the kitchen bench in it and she "helps" me wash up or prepare dinner
    Yes this. Forgot this. I bought a snug. It's by mama's and papa s brand. The insert in them comes out add they grow so you can use longer than the bumbo. I also put mine on the bench sometimes. They're around $80-$100

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I use the fisher price booster which you put on a chair ( only suitable when they don't need head support). I got it from eBay. They are not very comfy (just hard plastic) so I just use it for dd to join us at the table.
    I have a fisher price love u zoo high chair but whilst it was comfy it far too big and cumbersome, I really wasted my money. I left it at the inlaws.
    You can get basically identical booster chair to the one I am using by safety 1st from big w/kmart for less.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1385688971.917103.jpg
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 29-11-2013 at 11:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a bumbo with a tray which was best before DS could hold his back well. Now at 5.5 months he's started the rigid-straight-body thing that pretty much makes baby pop out of the seat so I'll have to stop using it soon.

I also have an Early Years booster that straps onto a dining chair. I love it cos I hate how much room high chairs take up. I've only just started using it now he can hold his back well.

If you're spoon feeding you can also use a pram to sit them in to feed until they have the back strength for an upright chair.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can get seats pretty much the same as the ikea ones from target for around $50 and they have a footrest. My parents bought one for their house it was fine. We have the child care padded reclinable one from target and it's so so hard to clean!