+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bipolar.. Do u have it too?

Pretty sure I do.. And I've never even considered it before.. Xdh/dh (not quite sure what to call him right now) sat me down for a talk last night in regards to my erratic behaviour. It was like a light bulb moment for me but I still don't want to think about it.

Any other long term depression/anxiety suffers end up with a bipolar diagnosis?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why don't you give your local community mental health team a call for an assessment, even if you don't have BP they may be able to help with depression and anxiety. I am a psych nurse if you want to talk privately just send me a pm
    No judgement here

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Killarneygirl For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (29-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a long term illness with anxiety and depression. I'm unsure if I have bi polar, though I find my depression and anxiety does cause erratic behavior from time to time. As far as I'm aware people with bi-polar have extreme highs and extreme lows for anywhere between days to weeks on end, its not your general anxiety and depression that can be managed with medication and counselling.
    I'm just going by what I've been told by my GP. It's actually over diagnosed apparently without further assessments etc. I do know a couple of people (family friend and also a close friend of mine) that have been diagnosed with bi-polar as opposed to manic depression, and it's something I'd never wish on my worst enemy. The family friend was in the police force, now stays in bed for weeks on end when he's on his low periods (even with medication), and my close friend locks herself away at home for weeks, wont answer her phone, she just trys to sleep through it I guess? Shes on so much meds I cant count. I love her so much and constantly worry when I know shes going through a low period, which normally lasts for a month.

I'm not trying to belittle others experiences with depression as I do have ups where I don't need to be on medication for 12 months, till now where my anxiety is so bad that I can't lave the house, and this has gone on for 2 months. I finally got DP to take me to my GP (because I physically cant get myself drive due to my anxiety) and am starting back on Cymbalta (so far the only AD's my body agrees to).
    I hope you are able to talk to your GP about you possibly being bi-polar, hopefully further assessments will give you an answer and you can go from there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi yes very much looking forward to seeing my GP next week, it's a bit frightening but I just can't ignore it anymore, too much is at stake.

I know my mood swings are unusual, and my reckless behaviour is out of control. I have a lot if difficulty making good decisions. Logically I know what I should do, but when I'm in the moment the care factor is zero and I just do whatever I want, with complete disregard for the consequences.

I'm surprised xdh is being so supportive & caring about it, I was terrified he wouldn't love me any more if he 'knew', turns out he's known longer then I have.

In a way I don't want help, the highs are amazing I get so much done, I have such a good time, the world is my oyster and nothing can bring me down.. I have endless finances and multiple 'interested parties'.. But as I said, it's ruining my relationships, my career and my bank account not to mention I have a difficult time caring for myself & DD.

I don't know.. It's pretty hard to admit there's a good possibility your actually crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have bi-polar, i was diagnosed in 2009. i made the decision to try and continue my life non medicated and sometimes i regret it so much but i found that the medication made me feel worse.

i have a lot of trouble with guilt as well. just due to the fact that i cant enjoy being a mother. when im at my highs its better i can feel some joy in being a mother instead of just an emptiness. a drowning like feeling inside. like i cant grab onto any feelings or emotions. and intense anxiety that i shake.

sometimes id work myself so hard into the ground just so i can stop the chatter in my mind. stop the scattered thoughts. not realizing that it wasnt helping but making me physically unwell.

it makes it so hard to know how you feel about people expecially people your trying to create a life with. i go so back and forth with my partner. one minute i want to plan a wedding and i feel so strongly in our life and our love. i know he cares. then other times i just want him gone i feel like he isnt there. and i just want to be alone away from everyone. to the point i lock myself in my room or even car. wishing i made different decisions in life. and thats the worse part i think. not knowing what emotions are yours and what emotions are just the bipolar.