Closed Thread
Page 92 of 107 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'll go public, no private hospitals out here anyway and only one obstetrician who everybody sees.

Was wondering if anyone could recommend some OPK's? I'm thinking I might give them a go next cycle. I thought the maybe baby saliva tester would be enough, but it's never given me a positive so think I might try something different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    I consciously decided against private. I have phi so all I had to do was upgrade my cover, but no I decided against it. If I have a neg experience I might go diff next time but I think it's the right choice for my circumstances. I want a birth centre with midwife teams, so it's the best sort if public IMO
    Would love the birth centre! I am really hoping I qualify for it. Also a major reason not to go private as it is not available through private hospitals in my area. My friends that have used it reckon it was absolutely great and the midwives were awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
    I'll go public, no private hospitals out here anyway and only one obstetrician who everybody sees.

Was wondering if anyone could recommend some OPK's? I'm thinking I might give them a go next cycle. I thought the maybe baby saliva tester would be enough, but it's never given me a positive so think I might try something different.
    I bought a stack of cheapies from the pregnancy shop. 100 OPKs and 100 HPTs for $75. I did the express post delivery - purchased Sunday evening and they were delivered Tuesday morning.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

TheMadHatter  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I bought a stack of cheapies from the pregnancy shop. 100 OPKs and 100 HPTs for $75. I did the express post delivery - purchased Sunday evening and they were delivered Tuesday morning.
    Having a look, hope I don't need 75 though lol. How many OPK's do people normally use in a cycle? New to this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I'm using the pregnancy shop for the first time this cycle, I'm interested to see how early they show BFP's and how sensitive the OPK's are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Thanks all I'll try again tomorrow the photos were taking about 5 mins after using it. It's only 9DPO so I wasn't really expecting to see a line and got such a shock when one appeared fx it's snuggling in deep!
    Congratulations i look forward to seeing that line get darker and darker

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CassJ View Post
    I'm using the pregnancy shop for the first time this cycle, I'm interested to see how early they show BFP's and how sensitive the OPK's are.
    Are they the purple ones? Not sure what brand the purple ones are but I got my bfp with a purple cheapie at 6pm 11dpo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Strega View Post
    I just got my opk's from ebay. Cheapies, $7 for 50 opk's and 10 hpt's, including delivery. And I got them within 3 days.
    Will see in the next few days how accurate they are!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Now THAT is cheap!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shrillian For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
    Having a look, hope I don't need 75 though lol. How many OPK's do people normally use in a cycle? New to this!
    It's actually 100 of each!

I have only started using them this month, but I've been using one a day until the line gets darker and then two a day until it drops back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For a first cycle you'd do one every day from cd8 to about cd18 so that's 10. Plus probably an extra 5 around your fertile period doing twice daily. So say 15? That would cover even the earliest and latest o date.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Stregaxxx  (12-01-2014)