Closed Thread
Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We went public for our first bubba purely because we didn't have the option here to go private. I had the worst experience and I'm still traumatised by it!

The private system and hospital have literally after 13 years of not doing it just started up here again (6th January). So its private all the way for us for the next one. We still have to birth in the public but I will have my private OB, then we get transferred to the private hospital for post natal care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Attachment 49021 Attachment 49022 this is so frustrating I swear it's there IRL
    Very faint, but I see it, so at 9 DPO, that's quite a good line. Keep posting your tests each day as they get darker. congrats!

Me 31, He 34, DD 21 months, waiting for just 1 more to complete our family.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (12-01-2014),Mum2b87  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks all I'll try again tomorrow the photos were taking about 5 mins after using it. It's only 9DPO so I wasn't really expecting to see a line and got such a shock when one appeared fx it's snuggling in deep!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm out before I even test girls! I had a D&C so didn't really know when I would get AF but she has arrived. Good luck to those still left to test X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    I'm out before I even test girls! I had a D&C so didn't really know when I would get AF but she has arrived. Good luck to those still left to test X
    Sorry to hear that chillies all the best for next month!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2b87 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (15-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jenv View Post
    Just have a curious question for all you ladies, when you do fall pregnant will u be going through with public or private hospital???

I think I'd go private... Only cause I've always been on private health insurance my whole life and I have epilepsy...

Me: 27 DH: 31 Married
    TTC #1 since October
    We went public for #1 and lets just say I wouldn't go public again.
    Went private for #2 and it was a wonderful birth and they were just so much nicer (so were the rooms)

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Attachment 49019 am I seeing things? 9DPO today
    I can see a line but I can always see a line, lol. Goodluck for tomorrow.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CassJ For This Useful Post:

Mum2b87  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just have a curious question for all you ladies, when you do fall pregnant will u be going through with public or private hospital???

I think I'd go private... Only cause I've always been on private health insurance my whole life and I have epilepsy...

TTC #1 since October
    If I'm lucky enough to fall pregnant, I'll be going private. It'll be #1 for me, so I'm keen for the consistency of care, my own room and facilities, after care and stay at hospital for the time I need.

Thanks
    Reviews

TTC #1 since October
    Public. Cant afford the enormous ob fees, even with private insurance, and according to my GP i am zoned for the best maternity hospital in the state, so he thinks it would be a waste of money. He also said that if I have any major issues I will be put back through the public system anyway so he doesn't really see the point. I am happy with going public. Hopefully I can qualify for the midwifry care at the hospital, as that would be what I ideally want and a few of my friends have used it and loved it.

Wow so many BFP's! I didn't think that it would be be my month as we have been super busy, but we managed anyway so hopefully we get our bfp too! Have a good feeling but don't want to get too hopeful
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 12-01-2014 at 13:40.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews

TTC #1 since October
    Private for us.
    I went public with ds1 ( phi didn't cover maternity) and it was an awful experience. we upgraded it and I went private with ds2
    The care before, during and after was ten fold. I have no complaints.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    Lost our little squirt 20/11/13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I consciously decided against private. I have phi so all I had to do was upgrade my cover, but no I decided against it. If I have a neg experience I might go diff next time but I think it's the right choice for my circumstances. I want a birth centre with midwife teams, so it's the best sort if public IMO