Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Holly Molly pos opk
    Im cd 19 today

Top cd18 am
    Middle cd18 pm
    Bottom - this morning fmu 😳😳😳
    That's really strong Attachment 48978
    Holy crap woman that's one strong positive! I'm so excited for you Your husband sounds so wonderfully supportive, it's really nice to hear how beautifully accepting he is of whatever is to come. He's a special one, you both are. What a perfect match. This could very well be your month hon, I'm crossing everything for you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    Holy crap woman that's one strong positive! I'm so excited for you Your husband sounds so wonderfully supportive, it's really nice to hear how beautifully accepting he is of whatever is to come. He's a special one, you both are. What a perfect match. This could very well be your month hon, I'm crossing everything for you

Thank Hun - yes I've got a good one 😉
    We balance each other out pretty well !
    I'm still very amazed at how strong this morning opk was!! I keep looking at it holly Molly ... Showed dh like 6 times ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Felicia For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    I need some help with opk's if you don't mind

This is cycle 2 TTC for me and DH for our first.

This is the first month I have tried to use opk's.

My cycles are long and are usually 33-34 days but I figured I would take an opk every day this month with IC to see when abouts I ovulate in my long cycle! Think I got timing way off last month.

I am CD12 today and opk has been completely blank until today when a very faint line has shown up.

My question is, I always thought that I ovulated around CD20 due to the length of my cycles (FF app agrees with me).

So should I expect that I will O in the next few days as I now have a faint line? Or is it different for everyone with opk's. I know that it is not positive until it is darker then the control line but just want to figure our whether I should now be on high alert. Maybe I just have a super long LP?

Thanks girls these long cycles suck! Less chance to TTC

We have been DTD every 2nd day this cycle anyway but am doing my best to make this happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stride View Post
    Hi girls

My cycles are long and are usually 33-34 days but I figured I would take an opk every day this month with IC to see when abouts I ovulate in my long cycle! Think I got timing way off last month.

I am CD12 today and opk has been completely blank until today when a very faint line has shown up.

My question is, I always thought that I ovulated around CD20 due to the length of my cycles (FF app agrees with me).

So should I expect that I will O in the next few days as I now have a faint line? Or is it different for everyone with opk's. I know that it is not positive until it is darker then the control line but just want to figure our whether I should now be on high alert. Maybe I just have a super long LP?

We have been DTD every 2nd day this cycle anyway but am doing my best to make this happen
    It's normal to get faint lines, they might build up slowly or it might be totally negative tomorrow, you will probably find you will still O around cd20. I was in the similar situation when I was trying.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelby27 For This Useful Post:

Stride  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Hiya! We have similar length cycles I totally understand your frustration!! I don't ovulate until between cd17-21. It changes a bit for me.
    I find I always have a super faint line on opks... they take about 3 days to build up to a positive, then about 2 days to fade out.

We dtd every 2nd day all cycle, with a couple extra ones thrown in when opks are, or are almost positive. I've only been using opks for 2 cycles. The first time we got a bfp! But it ended in a early mc, last month we weren't successful, fx this month is it!

I'm due to ovulate on wednesday or thursday.

Proudly brought to you by me and my autocorrect fail device.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (11-01-2014),Stride  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Hi girls

Hi stride, I have slightly longer cycles of 31/32 days and I find I o on CD 18 or 19.

The two lines on the OPK have to be the same strength, if they aren't, try and ignore the varying darkness of the test line until they are both the same colour.

Depending on the brand a positive OPK signals ovulation will occur anywhere from 12 to 48 hours later, so I would recommend once you get two lines the same darkness, start doing an OPK in the morning and the evening, often if you are currently ovulating (or in the 24 hour ovulation window) the test line will actually be darker than the control line.

Me 31, He 34, DD 21 months, waiting for just 1 more to complete our family.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Stride  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the responses ladies

I cant wait to start BD'ing this time, maybe I'm just too excited haha.

Will keep testing once a day until I see a line the same colour as control line, then twice a day.

I actually cant wait to figure out when I O. Last month I thought I nailed it just with the app but think I actually O'd later (when we didnt DTD for 3 days) so maybe missed out.

Who knows!

Thanks all
    Will prob wind up testing around the 31st depending when I O

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stride For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not too bad at pinpointing O now (with opks) and they're pretty consistent within a few days every month. The hard part for me is having a long enough TWW that egg can implant! So that's the task over the next few months; lengthen cycle! Hope everyone else works out their opks soon! They're tricky lil buggers

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

Stregaxxx  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the words ladies- much appreciated.

Question for OPKers- what made you try OPKs? Was it a few unsuccessful months of TTC, suspecting you didn't O, having an irregular cycle, or just wanting to hit the ground running with TTC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    Thanks for the words ladies- much appreciated.

Question for OPKers- what made you try OPKs? Was it a few unsuccessful months of TTC, suspecting you didn't O, having an irregular cycle, or just wanting to hit the ground running with TTC?

All of the above. Lol

I done them my first cycle off the pill to see if I was ovulating as I didn't think I was. But I was. I noticed alot of symptoms and ran out of opks so just winged it....

12 or 13 failed cycles later, I got some more opks...

Proudly brought to you by me and my autocorrect fail device.