Closed Thread
Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nic26 View Post
    Ladies i have a question about opks. every time i have used one i always get a 2nd line weather it be a faint so negative or super dark so positive. the only 1 time i got a blank was after i Od. i only used them 1 month.
    my bestie has just used one for the first time and it was blank except for the control line which was still fairly faint.
    i was wondering if this means she is just testing to early in her cycle? i couldnt help her because i thought as long as you test before O you should get some sort of test line
    It depends on the brand. The instructions on mine say, no second line or a lighter second line both mean negative. The inly time it's a dud is if you don't get a control line at all.

What brand is she using? Mine are from Pregnancy shop dot com dot au

Me 31, He 34, DD 21 months, waiting for just 1 more to complete our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleChimp View Post
    Can you get false positives on opks? What does it mean if you get positive opks for days? When would you ovulate?
    You can have a long surge which is why u might get a few days of positives. I know a few ladies get a few days of positives. I believe you can also get "false" positives. The surge might be there without actually ovulating.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

LittleChimp  (29-12-2013),mamoru  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you get false positives on opks?
    You sure can, your body gears up to ovulate but then for some underlying reason your body doesn't ovulate, your body will then try again in a few days. Just because you get a positive opk doesn't mean you will ovulate unfortunately thats why its best to use temping to confirm ovulation.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pprom.mama For This Useful Post:

LittleChimp  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks becca and tiffany. Temping is no good for me. DD still wakes up at various times through the night. I've been poas like crazy last few days and I'm onto day 4 of positive opks. Nearly out of opks so will just try and get a couple more bd in to be safe and see what happens. Had a dream I got a bfp so hope it comes true.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleChimp For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (29-12-2013),Pprom.mama  (29-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks becca and tiffany. Temping is no good for me. DD still wakes up at various times through the night. I've been poas like crazy last few days and I'm onto day 4 of positive opks. Nearly out of opks so will just try and get a couple more bd in to be safe and see what happens. Had a dream I got a bfp so hope it comes true.
    My DS still wakes up o/n at 3 , how old is your LO? Good luck with the dream coming true Hun. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Takemehigher View Post
    My DS still wakes up o/n at 3 , how old is your LO? Good luck with the dream coming true Hun. X
    DD is 19months today. Some nights she is good but other nights she wakes up multiple times.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello just jumped across from December to jan!

Tentatively testing on the 27th.

Using opk's for the first time this month so will probably need some assistance when I get closer to O!

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm confused. Do you think my body has geared up to o but didn't quite get there? Or have I missed the surge? I'm not sure that any of these are actually positive.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1388281845.458544.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    It depends on the brand. The instructions on mine say, no second line or a lighter second line both mean negative. The inly time it's a dud is if you don't get a control line at all.

What brand is she using? Mine are from Pregnancy shop dot com dot au

Me 31, He 34, DD 21 months, waiting for just 1 more to complete our family.
    She is using first response but it doesnt say any thing about no second line just that a faint line is negative. its really strange.
    she came off the pill and had a width drawl bleed then a 45 day cycle then her af was just light just a touch more than spotting for 6 days so i think he body is just all out of wack

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your right none of those are positive! Maybe you missed the surge, do you have a history of not ovulating??