+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    This from a different article on the matter:

"Kang saw the Curvy Girl lingerie campaign — in which "normal" women model underthings — and was not happy. She wrote that she was "annoyed" by "news stories about how overweight, nearly obese women should be proud of their bodies."

You read that correctly: If you are overweight or obese you should not have any pride. Pride — defined by Merriam-Webster as "a feeling that you respect yourself and deserve to be respected by other people" is not for you. If that is how your body works and looks YOU DO NOT DESERVE RESPECT."

Provides a bit more context about why people took issue with what she said. I don't know if it's hates per h, but it IS fat shaming and IMO, totally unnecessary.
    What a horrid horrid person

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Why on earth are people so obsessed with how fat or skinny other people are?
    What gives ppl like Maria Kang the right to say that overweight ppl shouldn't have advertising directed at them?

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (28-11-2013),Zombie_eyes  (28-11-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    What a horrid horrid person

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.
    I agree. I think she is insensitive and ignorant. Who the hell is she to decide in a larger person should feel pride?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (28-11-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    One big thing about sustainable weightloss is the mental (for want of a better word) side. This whole carry on about how fat women shouldn't love their bodies or they shouldn't be proud of who they are is a f'ing joke. All this does is perpetuate the idea that they aren't worth it, why should they bother because everyone thinks they're a piece of sh!t anyway. I know this full well because I am one of the people affected by all this fitspiration bull. Calling me out on being obese doesn't instantly make me motivated to lose weight. It makes me feel depressed which usually results in comfort eating. Telling me I need to do it for any reason will result in the same because all I'm hearing is "you're not good enough the way you are".

No, obesity isn't healthy and yes, something needs to be done to help the situation. This, however, is not the way to go about it.

Sent from my pho....oh who am I kidding. It's rarely used as a phone

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (28-11-2013)