+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They said lifting and attempting to throw a struggling/ hysterical woman over the balcony in under 60 seconds would be really hard so they said if she was unconscious and didn't struggle then it could easily be done

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Does anyone know why they are assuming she was unconscious?
    The thought had never crossed my mind until they talked about it last night... I always thought he just dragged her across the room and over the balcony in the same manner the surveillance captured..?

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Apparently her body didnt show signs of struggling from the fall and also the witnesses of the fall didnt see flailing or anything as she fell...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    They said lifting and attempting to throw a struggling/ hysterical woman over the balcony in under 60 seconds would be really hard so they said if she was unconscious and didn't struggle then it could easily be done
    I think that's actually quite possible- easily. Really, most men could overpower a 50kg woman, even if she was hysterical.
    Horrible examples are the rapes/abductions that occur all the time- men usually do have a physical advantage, I don't agree with the conclusion she had to have been unconscious.

Last edited by ~Marigold~; 17-02-2014 at 18:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it was also mentioned that the witnesses only heard a man yelling (no sounds/screams from Lisa as she fell).

ETA:
    [Justice McCallum] said there was ''nothing implausible about the argument that Lisa Harnum was rendered unconscious before going over the balcony,'' which was consistent with Rathmell's observation of an inert object being thrown, and consistent with the trajectory of the fall.
    Last edited by sky1; 17-02-2014 at 18:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The thought had never crossed my mind until they talked about it last night... I always thought he just dragged her across the room and over the balcony in the same manner the surveillance captured..?

And that was part of the defence's argument. There was 62 seconds from the CCTV footage of him dragging her in the door and her falling. The defence argued that was not enough time to render someone unconscious and throw them over the balcony.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I read through most of the link posted of the judge's summary, and I think it was based on the fact that the 2 eye witnesses didn't see the body struggling, or hear screaming as it was falling.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

Theboys&me  (17-02-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh OK I didn't know about the witnesses or the lack of signs of a struggle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it took me much longer than two hours but I've finally read it. I think the clincher for me knowing that this man has an issue with lying was to think on the spot about the video camera when talking to the police officers knowing full well he had turned them off.

It honestly makes me feel sick that people right now could actually be living in an environment where they are so controlled.

Now before anyone gets up in arms ... I'm not victim blaming .... But my heart reaches out to Lisa's mother and I just can't fathom why she wasn't a little more forceful in stepping up to the plate for her daughter?? A monkey's uncle could see the despair her daughter was in. I in no way blame anything on her - this was Simon's crime alone ... But I can't help but wonder if she's kicking herself for not helping her escape??
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 18-02-2014 at 08:26.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just finishing reading too. Also came across this - the woman is an idiot. Admin, sorry if this isn't allowed, I wasn't sure whether I could post links.
    http://freesimon.info/

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fact that he bit off a police officers ear screams volumes to me. What sort of person does that? The girlfriends defense of that story was completely manipulated by Simon. You could see a glimpse of brain washing of her as she clearly believed his version. He will continue to brain wash and manipulate her from prison. You could see that she was scared of his reaction of her not coming to court (although the money from the interview was more appealing than pleasing him - she probably feels safe with him behind bars!).

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-02-2014),IvyRain  (18-02-2014),KaraB  (18-02-2014)