+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know... Another "trick", and I really didn't want to use another trick, but maybe that will help me get our relationship back on track:

I wil get her a special bottle, which will be hers to drink when she is at home. There will be like 0,7 L water in there (she drinks some water at school + breakfast milk etc, so it should be all her fluid needs for the day). There will be tons of benefiber in there. And it will be her responsibilty to drink it somehow during the day. Plus, the other positive things I said.

And sorry for not helping, Eco Goddess. I don't know, but I hope other people will be able to help.
    Last edited by Nanouk; 28-11-2013 at 11:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She's probably having accidents because of the constipation. Fix that and you might not have and toilet training issues anymore.
    Foods that CAUSE constipation include apples, bananas, rice and potatoes, so if she has lots of these in her diet it won't be helping the situation.
    Osmolax is the best- it is tasteless and can mix into any liquid. Give it a try.
    And you could have a water drinking competition with her- fill up water bottles for both her and you and tell her whoever has the emptiest bottle at a set time will get a treat (or both if you if you drink it all) i do this with my 5yr old DD who is a shocking water drinking and it encourages her to drink more.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, last year when I found out about her constipation, I realised it was why she had these accidents. It was like the biggest news ever. Plus, I know she can do it, because she already had once a few weeks, another time two months, completely potty trained. So I know that technically it is OK, I know that constipation is worsen by stress mummy.

But I also suspect that she can't digest some food. There was such an improvement without cow milk, I want to know for sure and convince my partner that we should really stop cow milk for her. Or other food. I can't wait until the allergy test (yes it s going ahead, end of january).

As for osmolax, it doesn't seem to be fibers, it really is a laxative, a proper medicine. Not sure I want to go that way. But maybe I should. I mean, when I am desperate, it is still better than terrifying my kids. :/

Good idea, the competition.

I need to get myself back on track. I am so bad these days, feeling crap, not being positive mum any more. I dream of NV communication, and I am the worst example ever for my kids. We are moving houses, I am in the wrong period of the month. I need to fix myself, really.

Sorry if I forget to reply to some of your questions. Thanks a lot for your help. It does help a lot, just talking about it. When I re-read myself, I imagine it is someone else talking and I feel like "god, that lady really needs TALKING to someone...!".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco Goddess View Post
    Sorry to hijack, but it is related I swear! My 7mth old is extremely constipated (have had an awful morning with her screaming and grunting so much she can barely breathe) are any of the previous suggestions suitable for her age?
    Gripe water (supermarkets) or infants friend (chemist) both help my infant dd when constipated. Natural and non medicating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eco Goddess View Post
    Sorry to hijack, but it is related I swear! My 7mth old is extremely constipated (have had an awful morning with her screaming and grunting so much she can barely breathe) are any of the previous suggestions suitable for her age?
    My dd has had chronic constipation since about 3 months (is related to her syndrome)
    Some things to try is water. . an obvious one. If she's on formula add a little more water. If she's bf maybe offer a sip or 2 of water. Brown Sugar dissolved in water can work a treat. Prune juice etc.
    We've been giving coloxyl since 4 months old. ..0.5mls twice a day.

The thing with coloxyl is you need to give it every day. You can't give it til they go then stop.
    If it's really bad lactulose works great but can cause a dump through the system so might result in tummy cramps. Some kids handle it well. You don't need much. .. my daughter was only about 5kgs and 1ml did work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the advice. Will keep up the water and might head off to the chemist for coloxyl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Has the dr considered or mentioned medication? Such as coloxyl? At 6 she's could take some other meds too.
    That's what we are doing now: Osmolax (pediatrician seen a month ago who asked me to give her laxatives). Since then, huuuuuge improvement. No more constipation and nearly no more wet pants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanouk View Post
    That's what we are doing now: Osmolax (pediatrician seen a month ago who asked me to give her laxatives). Since then, huuuuuge improvement. No more constipation and nearly no more wet pants.

That's great.
    My daughter has osmolax every day too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't add fibre to her diet if she is already constipated that will just exacerbate the problem. Try paediatric movicol. The movicol attaches to the water molecules and is not absorbed through the stomach or intestines, it remains in the bowel. You mix it with a fluid and it works to clear the blockage. Good luck, constipation is horrible. I hope you can get it sorted out soon x Sorry didn't read your updated post, glad your DD is better
    Last edited by thepouts; 20-02-2015 at 19:42.